Politics And Current Events

Tico Rick

Postby Tico Rick » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:44 am

But because he gets pissed off that yes, one party is trying to destroy his life and career, he needs to be reserved and calm? Please.
So just how would not getting this job he wants so badly destroy his career? Is he going to be fired from his current job? That's BS.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:48 am

But because he gets pissed off that yes, one party is trying to destroy his life and career, he needs to be reserved and calm? Please.
So just how would not getting this job he wants so badly destroy his career? Is he going to be fired from his current job? That's BS.
You don't think that carrying the stain of being an accused rapist would not significantly affect his life, mental health, etc? Great, he gets to keep his circuit court position. Wonderful. what about the lifetime of harassment his wife and children have probably just been sentenced to? It's a bit surprising to me the number of people in here that are zeroing in on "Well, he didn't get the job. Oh well!". Half of the world, roughly, now believes beyond the shadow of a doubt he is a rapist and a monster. You don't think that would ruin your life?

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:53 am

You don't think that carrying the stain of being an accused rapist would not significantly affect his life, mental health, etc? Great, he gets to keep his circuit court position. Wonderful. what about the lifetime of harassment his wife and children have probably just been sentenced to? It's a bit surprising to me the number of people in here that are zeroing in on "Well, he didn't get the job. Oh well!". Half of the world, roughly, now believes beyond the shadow of a doubt he is a rapist and a monster. You don't think that would ruin your life?
But maybe he is? It's all hypothetical at this point. It's easy to say, yeah his life will be upended, but the truth of it is, we don't know what happened and most likely never will. It's a **** mess.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:04 am

Kavanaugh would be by far the most partisan SC justice confirmed.

obhave

Postby obhave » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:19 am

The conversations I had yesterday with the women in my life are in such contrast to many on this board. I honestly feel like I should be pointing out destructive things some of you have said towards this, but it's too much for me to handle.

I might be willing to discuss via PM if any of you want.

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:28 am

Whats been out a long time??

Because like 36 hours ago he was orchestrating gang rapes.
The accusation from Ford.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:29 am

Oh please....the Court has been turning partisan for years.

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:30 am

I can tell you right now, if I had daughters on the edge of their teenage years, and I was in front of the world defending myself from being called a serial rapist, I sure as hell would be irate. I actually thought he measured himself well given the boiling internal rage he must have been feeling. The comments about his "disposition" IMO are absurd. His disposition has ALWAYS been viewed as sterling by his colleagues, and his career has been spotless. But because he gets pissed off that yes, one party is trying to destroy his life and career, he needs to be reserved and calm? Please.
Why was he reserved and calm up to this point? Yes, I’d be pissed too, but I’d try to remain calm, and I sure as hell wouldn’t bring a story about my kids into it.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:38 am

Yeah and Kavanaugh said the democrats launched this conspiracy against him to get revenge for Bill & Hillary. That was in his opening statement, written to please his god emperor.

Tico Rick

Postby Tico Rick » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:38 am

Both statements are true.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:44 am

If he was all calm and Collective people would be saying that he was obviously some unemotional robot that didn't really understand the gravity of what's going on yada yada yada.

It's a no-win situation.

To be frank it's just ignorant to say he would be the most political judge ever on the court that just kind of shows that people don't know anything about the Supreme Court prior to about 8 minutes ago. William Howard Taft was President of the United States before he was put on the court.

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:52 am

Being emotional was not the issue, for me. Being so Trumpy was. That, and mimicking the talking points from the last month of the right.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:53 am

The conversations I had yesterday with the women in my life are in such contrast to many on this board. I honestly feel like I should be pointing out destructive things some of you have said towards this, but it's too much for me to handle.

I might be willing to discuss via PM if any of you want.
I’ve discussed this with many men and woman too, and they have varying opinions. What does this mean? That people get offended or take things differently all the time.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:02 am

If he was all calm and Collective people would be saying that he was obviously some unemotional robot that didn't really understand the gravity of what's going on yada yada yada.

It's a no-win situation.

To be frank it's just ignorant to say he would be the most political judge ever on the court that just kind of shows that people don't know anything about the Supreme Court prior to about 8 minutes ago. William Howard Taft was President of the United States before he was put on the court.
A=B

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:06 am

Lets hear them... which justices are more partisan?

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:08 am

Taft was the president.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:10 am

If I thought anyone here was actually interested in hearing an argument I might actually spend time this morning laying it out.

But many here have convinced themselves that the Republicans are getting ready to put Sean Hannity on the Supreme Court, when a man's actual court record and the testimony of his real life actual colleagues, from both Progressive and conservative jurists and clerks spell out a much different story.

Many of us are old enough to remember the Alito hearings where the exact same concern was placed.

Kagan for example was a great choice for the Supreme Court because it's evident that she is a fair and honest justice.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:15 am

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1045 ... 03520?s=20

Does this actually have any significance?
I'd be interested to know as well. They are the gold standard according to Lindsey Graham...

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:17 am

So the hope is we get Mark judge and let him be interrogated by the FBI with the desire that he changes the story and implicates the obvious sexual assault man Kavanaugh?

Because I don't believe for one second that anyone is going to honor the findings of the FBI investigation if it doesn't come back the way they want it.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:19 am

I just assumed if it was laughable to call Kav the most partisan SC justice if nominated, there’d be a readily available list in hand of those that are worse. If not, that’s fine.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:24 am

Wonderful. what about the lifetime of harassment his wife and children have probably just been sentenced to?

How about Dr Ford, who not only still has to deal with the trauma caused by the sexual assault, but also now threats and harassment from those on the right who think she's a political actor?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:30 am

I just assumed if it was laughable to call Kav the most partisan SC justice if nominated, there’d be a readily available list in hand of those that are worse. If not, that’s fine.
Weren’t you guys first to accuse him of being the most partisan? Shouldn’t you provide proof instead of telling people show you when you have no basis for your opinions presented in your argument?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:31 am

Wonderful. what about the lifetime of harassment his wife and children have probably just been sentenced to?

How about Dr Ford, who not only still has to deal with the trauma caused by the sexual assault, but also now threats and harassment from those on the right who think she's a political actor?
It’s terrible she has to deal with threats just like Kavanaugh has to now.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:33 am

Woke up, the only thing that bugs me now is his potential lies or gaffes about boofing and devil's triangle. Either way, that still does nothing and he'll be an SC. Let's get back to the Mueller stuff.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:36 am

The interview Chris Cuomo had with Lynn Brookes (former Yale classmate of Kavanaugh) was very telling. I guess some former NBA player named Chris Dudley came out in support of BK and supported his version of the events. She specifically recounted an incident where a drunk Dudley and Kavanaugh egged each other on to barge in on a couple that had gone into a room.

There's plenty out there to highlight the possibility that BK engaged in sexually charged behavior like that, but that in him mind it was just party antics. It's highly plausible that BK has no recollection of that incident specifically with Ford. There certainly exists a gray area here for drunken antics that while inappropriate and immature, are not disqualifying, but there is certainly a line, that had BK crossed it, like how Ford described, his elevation to the SCOTUS is troubling. A true account of BK's hard partying life is only an issue here because of the allegation, and I do believe his unwillingness to be forthcoming about the extent of his antics makes his denial discreditable.