shafnutz05

Politics And Current Events

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:24 am

\Everyone else is a lay person.
I'll say...

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:25 am

I agree that the whole not being able to marry thing is ridiculous. However, I don’t think that leads you to being a pedophile. It would make sense if priests were being caught with hookers or banging parishioners. Raping kids doesn’t seem like the logical jump.
I dunno....feeling an absurd amount of pressure to repress your natural urges leads people to dark places. Being deprived of living a normal life and having a family of your own, I could see that leading to desperately trying to find companionship or gratification elsewhere.

Why is it so pervasive in the Catholic Church and not in the Protestant Church?
I get the need to find companionship and gratification, just seems like they’d find it elsewhere unless there was already something wrong. But maybe it is the suppression that breaks a priest. Or maybe dodint is right and the other stuff is more prevelant and we just don’t hear about it.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:29 am

Isn't it more that Pedophiles go there to abuse kids as opposed to being a priest making you a pedohpile?

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:37 am

Isn't it more that Pedophiles go there to abuse kids as opposed to being a priest making you a pedohpile?
That's my theory.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 am

Out of all of the things that one could/should dislike about Trump. His disdain for dogs prompts a lingering angry sentiment within me.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:49 am

He hates dogs?

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:50 am

Just black and brown ones.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:50 am

Such a breedists...

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:56 am

Just black and brown ones.
No that's the Muslims...

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:57 am

To make you feel better sexual deviancy is a big problem among clergy in the Protestant world as well. Granted it is not kiddie stuff, but more Harvey Weinsteinesque.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:58 am

For some reason he thinks pets are low class, and dog is one of his terms for putting down women because he thinks that's bad.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:02 am

Oh... I thought he was a puppy punter. Lame.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:10 am

It wouldn't surprise me if he were.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 am

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:13 am

The released all have GPS trackers and are probably loaded with audio chips. Just guessing they're looking for contacts.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:51 am

Why can't Catholic priests get married?
Something about giving all your love to God... ya know, better to diddle young boys than get married.
I have been railing against this for years. Forcing priests to be celibate is one of the root causes behind the sexual deviancy that is pervasive in that church. When you start getting in the business of trying to control the natural urges of men, you are headed for a bad time. The pastor at our church is happily married with three daughters, and I'm to be expected to believe that this makes him less capable of preaching God's word?

Just evil.
I agree. But, here is also this story: a few years ago, the main Catholic church in Fayetteville had a priest who was married and had kids (I am not a church expert, but from what I understand, the guy "converted" to Catholicism after he got married, and got a special permission (all the way from the Pope?) to serve as a priest).

And, a few years later, he was forced to resign - and you can have three guesses why... :evil:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Twitter has joined the Ban Alex Jones party.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/15/twitter ... jones.html

On the part of Twitter specifically, this comes off as absurdly hypocritical.
What do you think would happen if an admin at Twitter blindly and dispassionately combed through Trump's account and applied their TOS in the same manner?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Forcing priests to be celibate is one of the root causes behind the sexual deviancy that is pervasive in that church.
It is not a 'cause' of deviance, but it's like trying to put out a grease fire by throwing cooking oil on it. There is an extremely high probability these men committed some sort of similar act before ordination. Maybe not the quasi-ritualistic stuff Troy is citing, but signs would've been apparent; this sort of conduct doesn't suddenly manifest itself in an otherwise normal man in their 30s just because they haven't gotten a nut with another person in the room in a decade.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Forcing priests to be celibate is one of the root causes behind the sexual deviancy that is pervasive in that church.
It is not a 'cause' of deviance, but it's like trying to put out a grease fire by throwing cooking oil on it. There is an extremely high probability these men committed some sort of similar act before ordination. Maybe not the quasi-ritualistic stuff Troy is citing, but signs would've been apparent; this sort of conduct doesn't suddenly manifest itself in an otherwise normal man in their 30s just because they haven't gotten a nut with another person in the room in a decade.
que?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:12 pm

My bad, incorrect attribution. Twas Tony made the ritual comment.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Trump made good on his threat and revoked the security clearance of Brennan.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:01 pm

That'll learn him!

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:10 pm

If they can't show cause, can such an action be challenged on First Amendment grounds?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:29 pm

Here's an interesting read on Lawfare Blog about the subject when it was first mooted last month.

Can the President Revoke Former Officials’ Security Clearances?
That leaves the final option: The president could claim the inherent constitutional authority to revoke the clearance eligibility of each of the individuals without any due process. There is no precedent for such an action, as no president (at least as far as I am aware) has ever personally intervened in the clearance revocation (or approval) of an individual. That has never happened before because past presidents—whatever their flaws or scandals—knew there were certain institutional norms and customs that a president simply should not disturb.

Trump, though, is not burdened with an affinity for respecting institutional norms. He already bulldozed those norms when it came to hiring his daughter and son-in-law, refusing to place his assets in a blind trust, and refusing to disclose his tax returns. What is to stop him from running over another norm?

If the president were to take this unprecedented exercise of his authority, it is anyone’s guess how the courts would construe the issue. It would set up a serious clash of constitutional questions between the inherent authority of the president regarding classified information, the procedural due-process rights of clearance holders under the Fifth Amendment, and the extent to which the judiciary is even permitted to rule on the matter.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:05 pm

Trump made good on his threat and revoked the security clearance of Brennan.
The date on President Trump's statement about revoking John Brennan's security clearance? July 26. Three weeks ago. I guess it's just a coincidence that the White House decided to announce this as they struggle to deal with the fallout from Omarosa's book.
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/stat ... 3235830790
The White House has now issued a second statement that doesn't include this date.
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/stat ... 4290947072

:?: