Politics And Current Events

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri May 25, 2018 10:56 pm

It's there to do exactly what it is doing. To isolate and snuff out dissention, while stuffing nationalism up your ass so you'll keep drinking ice cold American beer and cheer on the wars.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat May 26, 2018 12:10 am

To use @shmenguin 's favorite word it is a bit disingenuous to act like the actual conversation in real life is not centered around teh gunz.
I’m just stating my own opinion.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat May 26, 2018 12:12 am

I have no desire to support the NFL but the problem is not protest the players are free to protest anytime they want just not for the minute and a half of the national anthem.

Besides they still have the right to protest during the national anthem as anyone who is not present on the sidelines will be widely understood to be protesting by their absence.
A protest that isn’t seen isn’t really the same as a protest that gets a lot of eyeballs.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Sat May 26, 2018 8:59 am

Some things I just don’t want to get into on here right now.

But one thing I want to get off my chest is that Milwaukee rookie and police situation.

This is literally all he had to do:

“Good morning, Officer! Yes, I see I did park illegally and I guess you’ll have to give me a ticket. Can I reach in my pocket for my license?”

Do this slowly and with open hands, 10 minutes later and he’s on his way.

But the cops are secretly there to wound his pride and show their ‘superiority’.

That’s what pisses me off with libs, race baiters, and morons in general. This generation lacks respect. Respect your officers, respect your troops. Simple as that.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat May 26, 2018 9:24 am

It’s hard to see all the facts in that case and still come out on the side of this is on the citizen, not the cops. Impressive really.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Sat May 26, 2018 9:25 am

It’s hard to see all the facts in that case and still come out on the side of this is on the citizen, not the cops. Impressive really.
Did you watch the video?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat May 26, 2018 9:26 am

Reported.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 26, 2018 9:28 am

Cops are perfect, don’t you know that? There isnt one cop in America i shouldn’t give the utmost respect to. Even when they are clearly harassing me for no reason

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat May 26, 2018 9:42 am

Did you watch the video?
Just so we’re clear... you believe the handling of the situation by the police was appropriate?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat May 26, 2018 10:11 am

Did you watch the video?
Just so we’re clear... you believe the handling of the situation by the police was appropriate?
Yeah, that's gonna be a bad take from me dawg

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat May 26, 2018 10:12 am

It's Ned

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat May 26, 2018 10:19 am

Did you watch the video?
What was the danger police were under that justified tasing?

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sat May 26, 2018 11:28 am

This generation lacks respect. Respect your officers...

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat May 26, 2018 12:01 pm

You know you want more Remy:

Good Penn State jab, A++

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Sat May 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Did you watch the video?
It’s 2am, alone in a parking lot, he had his hand in his pocket and did not take it out on their command.

Wouldn’t you call that a bit worrisome? How hard is it to take your hand out of your pocket?

An NBA player (and not a very good one at that) acting like he’s above the law.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat May 26, 2018 12:39 pm

I think I have this right...

Officer and Brown walk towards each other and begin talking.
Officer initiates contact with Brown telling him to back up.
Officer calls for backup, even though Brown has done nothing inappropriate and has shown no sign of being confrontational.
Officer asks for license, which is provided.
Officer asks his name, which is provided. Officer repeatedly asks again, even though he’s already been told.
Brown asks what they’re waiting for and is told for backup so they can decide what to do.

What exactly is the decision? Other than a ticket, what other consequence should there be? The officer escalated this for seemingly no reason at all.

Other officers come and tell him to get his hands out of his pocket. After about one second they move in on him. What had Brown done to seem threatening in any way? Didn’t remove his hands from his pockets quickly? I wonder if he had done that if the officers would’ve thought he had a gun and shot him because of sudden movements.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sat May 26, 2018 1:24 pm

It’s 2am, alone in a parking lot, he had his hand in his pocket and did not take it out on their command.

Wouldn’t you call that a bit worrisome? How hard is it to take your hand out of your pocket?

If the "suspect" was going to try something, why wouldn't he have done it when there was only 1 officer on scene rather than waiting until, what was it, 8, officers showed up? He was surrounded and in the process of removing his hand from his pocket when the police officers overreacted, tased, and tackled him. Just like the first officer overreacted and escalated the situation early on. Why didn't he simply issue the man a ticket? He's the one who had to try to show how big his sack was, not the basketball player.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Imagine getting a **** ticket for parking outside the lines of a parking lot at 2am...when no one else is in the lot.

I mean, I don’t even know if cops can give a ticket to someone on private property. Don’t you just have the car towed if you are a business owner?

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat May 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Did you watch the video?

You need a higher shooting % to not get tased. At least if you're in a great country.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:05 pm

I mean, I don’t even know if cops can give a ticket to someone on private property. Don’t you just have the car towed if you are a business owner?
My understanding is that police enforcement of parking regs/laws on private property requires the permission of the owner of the property. I don't know if PDs typically make agreements with businesses that approval is deemed given, or how it works, particularly in the context of after business hours activity. (The guy was straddling two handicapped spots, promoting the police action.)

Milwaukee Police Chief said “The department conducted an investigation into the incident which revealed members acted inappropriately, and those members were recently disciplined.” That was sort of the extent of the remarks on the incident, and it's sufficiently vague that it is entirely possible the 'acted inappropriately' bit refers to enforcement of the parking regs, rather than the use of the taser.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat May 26, 2018 6:32 pm

Before the “protests” did we even see the anthem on a run of the mill regular season NFL broadcast unless it was after a national tragedy?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 26, 2018 9:34 pm

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- S. Korea's president says N. Korean leader Kim committed to summit with President Trump and complete denuclearization.
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/ ... 02240?s=20

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun May 27, 2018 9:54 am

Who’s going to give back the young and beautiful lives (and others) that have been devastated and destroyed by the phony Russia Collusion Witch Hunt? They journeyed down to Washington, D.C., with stars in their eyes and wanting to help our nation...They went back home in tatters!

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun May 27, 2018 10:27 am

Who is he talking about?

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Sun May 27, 2018 11:10 am

If the "suspect" was going to try something, why wouldn't he have done it when there was only 1 officer on scene rather than waiting until, what was it, 8, officers showed up? He was surrounded and in the process of removing his hand from his pocket when the police officers overreacted, tased, and tackled him. Just like the first officer overreacted and escalated the situation early on. Why didn't he simply issue the man a ticket? He's the one who had to try to show how big his sack was, not the basketball player.
If an officer tells you to do something, you do it. No hesitations. None of this “he was in the process of” BS. Just do it! Why complicate matters? Like how hard is it? Unbelievable how many of you are sticking up for this guy.

Also, if you want to see respect: President Trump shook the hand of all 1,100 graduates of the Naval Academy. Look up the video on YouTube.

To all you libs - do you understand why we win and you all lose? We do things like this, while you all just cry on Twitter and laugh about things like Tomi Lahren getting water thrown at her.