Postby tifosi77 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Carnac shmenguin the Magnificent

grunthy

Politics And Current Events

Postby grunthy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:39 pm

If I fail at my job, people could die.

I don’t save lives.

Not contradictory.
i expect a follow up which will include: preventing death <> saving lives...which is called a reverse nobody, when 2 identical things are incorrectly decoupled.
You got me.... Preventing the possibility of death. Good grief.

You guys are so desperate for a gotcha moment against me. It’s rather pathetic.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:39 pm

There's no scale on sexual inappropriateness now. You must be 100% outraged at every suggestion of impropriety. We are a society that is losing the ability to see shades of gray in nearly every facet of life (except in analyzing our own).

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Yeah, this was not a strong sequence for the persecution...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 pm

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH, THE MAN SAVES LIVES PREVENTS DEATH!

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:49 pm

You really are pathetic...

I feel bad for you right now.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Lolol

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Since everyone eventually dies, is anyone's life really saved or is the death just delayed?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:02 pm

I don’t save lives.

Not contradictory.
i expect a follow up which will include: preventing death <> saving lives...which is called a reverse nobody, when 2 identical things are incorrectly decoupled.

they happen practically every day. no one is desperate. petty, maybe. but not desperate.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:05 pm

I don’t save lives.

Not contradictory.

they happen practically every day. no one is desperate. petty, maybe. but not desperate.

Except you guys are still trying to find one that is actually a gotcha moment... :pop: which is why you are all so desperate to find one...

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Is this the “you’re obsessed with me” thing again? Again?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Is this the “you’re obsessed with me” thing again? Again?

No that’s only MR25 and possibly factorial... :pop:

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 pm

I honestly don't know how you do this day after day, @nobody. It has to be exhausting.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:18 pm

There's no scale on sexual inappropriateness now. You must be 100% outraged at every suggestion of impropriety. We are a society that is losing the ability to see shades of gray in nearly every facet of life (except in analyzing our own).
Yeah, when I've said in the past that nearly all of the adult women I know have a #metoo story, it's not the guy-behaving-boorishly kind of stuff. The Vox piece on Thrush reads like a drive-by editorial more than news reporting, which undercuts its intent.

columbia

Postby columbia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Anyone else looking forward to exciting saber ratting during the Olympics. I don't know about KJU, but I bet Trump is already planning for it.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:23 pm

Since everyone eventually dies, is anyone's life really saved or is the death just delayed?
Final Destination VI - Grunty's Revenge

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Anyone else looking forward to exciting saber ratting during the Olympics. I don't know about KJU, but I bet Trump is already planning for it.
I'm almost half expecting the US to boycott or some stupid thing. "With the looming threat so close Seoul..." blah blah blah.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:32 pm

I stuck money down my friends shirt into her bra because she wouldn't accept money for drinks we bought her on her birthday. We were laughing because if I did that in Hollywood or political circles I'd be labled a sexual predator.

columbia

Postby columbia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Here also :pop:

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Monster.

large garlic

Postby large garlic » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Top Democrat in California State Assembly and Well-known NY Times reporter Glenn Thrush next on the sexual harassment docket:

https://twitter.com/johnmyers/status/932658279678971907

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/932632670928035840
I'll dig down into the Thrush stuff, but from 30k' the texts don't paint a picture of a predator on the prowl. The accounts seem much more of a guy-makes-move-gets-shot-down variety than anything harassy.
I read through the Vox article that lays out the accusations, and I'd say his behavior was clearly wrong for several reasons:

1. He clearly focused on younger women just entering the profession, seemingly exploiting that power differential.
2. There was a pattern. It's not like he just tried making a move one night and got shot down. I think there 4 or 5 women in the article who had pretty similar stories about how he chatted them up, waited for them to get drunk, and then made an aggressive move on them.
3. He would try to preempt any accusations by telling people at work that the woman in question made the move on him, thereby tarnishing her professional reputation.

That said, in my book, at least, I don't think this rises to the level of behavior that warrants a public airing, national shaming, and potential torpedoing of his career. The author said that Politico didn't have an HR department at the time this happened, otherwise she would have reported it there, but it seems like she could have given this info to his current employer, the NYT, for them to talk to him/reprimand him in-house without making this a national story.
Last edited by large garlic on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Yeah, when I've said in the past that nearly all of the adult women I know have a #metoo story, it's not the guy-behaving-boorishly kind of stuff. The Vox piece on Thrush reads like a drive-by editorial more than news reporting, which undercuts its intent.
i like you and your general POV, tif, but i think your opinion on CK is actually part of this problematic bandwagoning.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Top Democrat in California State Assembly and Well-known NY Times reporter Glenn Thrush next on the sexual harassment docket:

https://twitter.com/johnmyers/status/932658279678971907

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/932632670928035840
I'll dig down into the Thrush stuff, but from 30k' the texts don't paint a picture of a predator on the prowl. The accounts seem much more of a guy-makes-move-gets-shot-down variety than anything harassy.
I read through the Vox article that lays out the accusations, and I'd say his behavior was clearly wrong for several reasons:

1. He clearly focused on younger women just entering the profession, seemingly exploiting that power differential.
2. There was a pattern. It's not like he just tried making a move one night and got shot down. I think there 4 or 5 women in the article who had pretty similar stories about how he chatted them, waited for them to get drunk, and then an aggressive move on them.
3. He would try to preempt any accusations by telling people at work that the woman in question made the move on him, thereby tarnishing her professional reputation.

That said, in my book, at least, I don't think this rises to the level of behavior that warrants a public airing, national shaming, and potential torpedoing of his career. The author said that Politico didn't have an HR department at the time this happened, otherwise she would have reported it there, but it seems like she could have given this info to his current employer, the NYT, for them to talk to him/reprimand him in-house without making this a national story.
I read the full piece now, and there definitely seems to be a skeevy pattern at play that I didn't pick up on skimming.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:12 pm

The DOJ will sue to block the AT&T - Time Warner merger. Completely non-political :roll:

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:57 pm

The DOJ will sue to block the AT&T - Time Warner merger. Completely non-political :roll:
Is this because of CNN or actual issues?