Politics And Current Events

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Just saw a TV segment that dovetails with an email I got earlier today. Places like Puerto Rico, and the US VI, and even Napa & Sonoma wine country, are, to varying degrees, dependent on tourist dollars that simply are not coming in right now.

It's a bit less of an issue in Wine Country, as the harvest was already largely over for most places by the time of the fires, and that's sort of peak season. But the Caribbean islands are approaching their annual high time for them, and they simply do not have the ability to host any tourists right now, to the extent that there even are (m)any people who would even want to go to those places right now.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:19 pm

Are Bannon’s Ongoing Contacts With Trump Illegal?
Bannon-Trump communications may also run afoul of obstruction of justice and witness tampering laws.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... bstruction
Scrolled down and saw this....
Speaking during an energy policy discussion about energy policy with “Meet the Press’” Chuck Todd and Axios CEO and founder Jim VandeHei, Perry discussed his recent trip to Africa. He said a young girl told him that energy is important to her because she often reads by the light of a fire with toxic fumes.

"But also from the standpoint of sexual assault,” Perry said. “When the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will on those types of acts.”

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Is there a Remy video to go with those cartoons? He's always funny...
Thanks for your continued interest in Remy! He doesn't have any videos on those cartoons, but here's a video on Hillary's email server:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlWo05vlKkM

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:42 pm

David Corn, head of liberal advocacy magazine Mother Jones next on the sexual harassment line.

These guys are like the loud homo GOP preachers.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/926496728148316161

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:57 pm

Did you read the underlying Politico piece?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Yes, it basically says they looked into it in 2014 and said he changed his ways. I just wanted to make the joke.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:01 pm

That's sort of burying the lede, tho, in that it ignores the it-was-not-sexual-harassment part of the story.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:04 pm

You are no fun.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:05 pm

WORDS MATTER, FREDDY

:lol:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Latest Weinstein allegations could lead to arrest
The latest sexual assault allegations against Harvey Weinstein could result in the first criminal charges against the movie mogul, an NYPD source familiar with the investigation told CNN.

"This is the strongest case we've had that fits within the statute of limitations," the source said, adding some detectives believe they have enough evidence to arrest Weinstein.

At a press conference Friday, NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce described actress Paz de la Huerta's case as credible because of her "ability to articulate each movement of the crime, where she was, where this happened."

The Manhattan District Attorney's office told CNN they have a sex crimes prosecutor assigned to an "active investigation" into the alleged incidents.
The only thing that gives me pause here is De La Heurta is certifiably crazy. We recently watched a Scientology documentary on Netflix, and it started off with an interview in a room at what looked to be the Chateau Marmont, and she happened to be there and walked by the hotel room, saw the filming going on in the room, knocked on the door, and proceeded to give the filmmaker a heap of sh*t for filming in that location.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:55 pm

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/stat ... 5793470464
Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin has long supported Russian President Vladimir Putin on social media, but Thursday afternoon, he took it a step further with an Instagram post, announcing the creation of a social movement in support of Putin that he’s labeling the Putin Team.

“Personal achievements and medals – all of this great, but in hockey, like with everything, to win it’s important to have a team. Only a team is capable of changing the course of a game, achieve the impossible,” Ovechkin said in the post, which was translated by The Washington Post. “Lately, in the Western Press, I’m noticing a comparison to Putin’s team. And you know, I really liked that comparison. Personally, I’m ready to be a member of that team. I never hid my relationship with our president, always openly supported him.”

Ovechkin continued: “I’m certain that there are many of us that support Vladimir Putin. Let’s unite and show everyone a strong and united Russia. Today, I want to announce a social movement in the name of Putin Team. Be a part of this team – to me it’s a privilege, it’s like the feeling of when you put on the jersey of the Russian team, knowing that the whole country is rooting for you.”

Russia will hold a presidential election in March, and though Putin hasn’t formally announced he will seek re-election, he’s expected to seek a new six-year term. Putin enjoys an 80 percent approval rating, according to Russian surveys, and has run Russia for longer than anyone since Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin. Under his rule, Moscow has been slapped with sanctions from the United States over its annexation of Crimea and tensions between the two countries are especially high over U.S. investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Moscow is Ovechkin’s offseason home, and he’s represented Russia in international hockey competitions throughout his career. When the NHL announced that its players wouldn’t be allowed to participate in the upcoming Winter Olympics, Ovechkin was the most defiant of NHL players, vowing to play for Team Russia anyway. It wasn’t until the day before the Capitals’ training camp opened that Ovechkin relented and admitted his 2018 Olympic dream was dead.

In a 2011 interview, Ovechkin admitted to being so close to Putin that he had a “home number” for the president, and the two were often seen together this summer. Putin gave Ovechkin and his wife a wedding present and also called the couple personally to congratulate them when they were married in July. In June, Ovechkin attended a four-hour question-and-answer session of Putin’s that was broadcast on Russian state TV. In August, the two were seen hugging at a martial arts event in Sochi.

According to Russian news agency TASS, Putin was not yet aware of Ovechkin’s creation of a social movement in support of him when Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov was reached for comment on Thursday. In an interview with CNN World Sport shown earlier this year, Ovechkin described himself as being politically “neutral.”

“I have a good relationship with Russians, and with Americans. So I’m neutral,” he said.
:lol:

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:07 pm

The latest sexual assault allegations against Harvey Weinstein could result in the first criminal charges against the movie mogul, an NYPD source familiar with the investigation told CNN.

"This is the strongest case we've had that fits within the statute of limitations," the source said, adding some detectives believe they have enough evidence to arrest Weinstein.

At a press conference Friday, NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce described actress Paz de la Huerta's case as credible because of her "ability to articulate each movement of the crime, where she was, where this happened."

The Manhattan District Attorney's office told CNN they have a sex crimes prosecutor assigned to an "active investigation" into the alleged incidents.
The only thing that gives me pause here is De La Heurta is certifiably crazy. We recently watched a Scientology documentary on Netflix, and it started off with an interview in a room at what looked to be the Chateau Marmont, and she happened to be there and walked by the hotel room, saw the filming going on in the room, knocked on the door, and proceeded to give the filmmaker a heap of sh*t for filming in that location.
Well blow me down, an allegation inside the statute of limitations. Well I'll be.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm surprised you didn't take this as an opportunity to complain about the length of the statute of limitations.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:28 pm

Did you read the underlying Politico piece?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock lost money in 2 years preceding shooting
Gunman Stephen Paddock lost a large amount of wealth in the two years before the Oct. 1 shooting on the Strip, Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said in an interview with a local television station.

Lombardo told KLAS-TV, Channel 8, that Paddock’s wealth fluctuated because of gambling, real estate transactions and “everything else that he chose to do.” Paddock lost a large amount of money after September 2015, the sheriff said.

Lombardo speculated that the financial losses might have contributed to Paddock’s decision to spray a country music festival with bullets, killing 58 people and injuring more than 500 others.

“I think that might have a determining factor on what he determined to do,” Lombardo said in the interview, which aired Wednesday night.

Later, Lombardo said, “If you look at the numbers that he did gamble, he was pretty prolific, but he was going in the wrong direction, so I don’t know if that had any effect on what he decided to do.”

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:43 pm

I'm surprised you didn't take this as an opportunity to complain about the length of the statute of limitations.
You misunderstand me.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:59 pm

Judge went easy on Bergdahl as a shot at Trump.

https://twitter.com/jpodhoretz/status/9 ... 1844141057

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:16 pm

k

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:39 pm

I got the same impression from that latest Weinstein accuser...she seems batsht crazy. Which leads me to my earlier point...stuff like this always leads to people trying to capitalize on the latest big story. We'll see.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:45 pm

Watch out, shaf. You're going to rustle tif's jimmies for not taking it at face value.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:01 am

I'm fine with the bergdahl ruling. Time served as a POW to the Taliban, plus the infamy and guilt. Hes going to need a shitload of therapy as it is while possibly dodging frag attempts.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:42 am

Shouldn't be a US citizen imo

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:19 am

Perhaps I spoke too soon

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/03/nypd-say ... la-huerta/
“She put forth a credible and detailed narrative to us. We then sought to garner corroboration — this happened seven years ago — and we found corroboration,” Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce told reporters.

“We have an actual case here.”

When asked what made de la Huerta’s case so credible, he explained it was her “ability to articulate each and every movement of the crime — where she was, where they met, where this happened and what he did.”

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:19 am

Perhaps I spoke too soon

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/03/nypd-say ... la-huerta/
“She put forth a credible and detailed narrative to us. We then sought to garner corroboration — this happened seven years ago — and we found corroboration,” Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce told reporters.

“We have an actual case here.”

When asked what made de la Huerta’s case so credible, he explained it was her “ability to articulate each and every movement of the crime — where she was, where they met, where this happened and what he did.”
Shaf.... buddy......
[Tif, just a bit ago.........]