Politics And Current Events

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Calling an Indian, pocohantas is dumb, calling a Native American pocohantas is certainly racist and insulting. Warren is neither, so whatever.
he did apologize to pocohantas a while back for this comparison. i'll give it up for him there. legit funny.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the dude is objectively funny. And the fact that at times you’re not sure if it’s intentional or not makes it better.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:25 pm

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... isions?amp

"The saddest thing, is because I'm the president of the United States, I'm not supposed to be involved in the Justice Department. I am not supposed to be involved in the FBI. I'm not supposed to be doing the kinds of things I would love to be doing and I'm very frustrated by it," he said.
This goes to what I find most alarming about the guy now that he's in office. These are not the musings of someone who understands small d democratic government dealings. This is a guy who has spent his entire adult life with zero upwards accountability, and now he has the weight of 2/3 of the US government on his shoulders and he behaves like a toddler.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:26 pm

I bet mrs. tif loves your location.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Trump weighs in on Bergdahl
The decision on Sergeant Bergdahl is a complete and total disgrace to our Country and to our Military.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:38 pm

He's not wrong on that one.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Also would like to point out the impeccable timing (the best) with Trump declaring 3 Days ago that November is National Native American Heritage Month!

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:40 pm

I bet mrs. tif loves your location.
She had some outpatient medical stuff yesterday, and I was working from home. All I will say is she is an absolute hoot coming out of anesthesia.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Out of curiosity, what outcome would have you preferred?

I figured he'd get another 5 years, but no.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:41 pm

The decision on Sergeant Bergdahl is a complete and total disgrace to our Country and to our Military.
Who made the decision?

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Bergdahl belongs in jail.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:43 pm

A military judge...so that's someone in the military? (I'm not a JAG, so don't know about such things.)

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:43 pm

That may be, but our R/C track employs a whopping four people but has four tracks with separate drivers stands. It's a huge ask to make all those ADA compliant, but since we have a good friend in the industry that needed it we made it happen. There's been a handful of tracks this summer that closed up rather than comply when inspected, despite handicapped racers vowing that they'd rather suffer the inconvenience and still have a place to race.
Keep in mind I'm not saying that the ADA isn't worthwhile. I'm saying that while the tax credit has good intent, no one is ever going "hey, lets bulid a ada ramp because we are nice guys." Its more like "hey, this might qualify for the ADA credit, might as add it"
Agreed. Changing the credit so that it's uses are tighter seems more appropriate than killing it entirely.
And that is precisely how you end up with 80,000 of pages in the tax code.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:44 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:45 pm

This took me a second before I got the tree house joke, and now that's Sessions' identity forever. :lol:

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:48 pm

Despite being a barstool bro, chaps is a good follow. He's a marine and has a military podcast. Some interesting insights on the Bergdaghl (sp?) debacle.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Yeah this pocohantas thing sucks. Until now I was able to go on Reddit and enjoy the overall sociopolitical vibe there. The pocohantas megathread is just full of the dumbest SJW bullshit I've seen in a while. It's apparently a "slur" now, somehow. It's like calling C Thomas Howell in soul man, "MLK" as a response to his blackface...and somehow I'm the bad guy. Barf city. I don't think my relationship with Reddit is mendable now.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:53 pm

Bergdahl belongs in jail.
I think the Bergdahl situation is interesting in that it shows some downstream effects of having such a small military population. (The fact that so few americans serve in the military and that small percentage is heavily relied upon). They've sort of established their own culture and identity that is separate from the population at large. I don't think I've ever felt confident about expressing a strong opinion on his situation and mostly try to defer to the opinion of service members on that one.

But I do oppose the Trump stance, who seems to view condemnation of Bergdahl as a barometer of your patriotism.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Who made the decision?
Whoops, I only skimmed the post, read it as "Sergeant Bergdahl is a complete and total disgrace to our Country and to our Military.''

I have no idea what was decided, sorry.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:13 pm

someone explain how that's racism. and also isnt it MORE racist to pretend to be another race in order to gain personal benefit?
What personal gain did she receive? From what I remember, nothing.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:17 pm

someone explain how that's racism. and also isnt it MORE racist to pretend to be another race in order to gain personal benefit?
What personal gain did she receive? From what I remember, nothing.
I would say that she identified herself as a minority instructor erroneously. It's not like she checked a native american box on her Harvard job application or anything, but when she was teaching somewhere, she ended up on some minority list of instructors that other schools could use when looking for minority candidates. I mean, I think it's pretty comical to think that Harvard, in an effort to boost the number of minority instructors, hired Elizabeth Warren.

The whole story reminds me of my uncle, who for some reason believed that the family name "Campbell" was Scottish. He told his son, my cousin, about the Scottish heritage when he was young. So my cousin believed for most of his life that he had Scottish heritage, until he asked our grandfather, who was like "Scottish, we're not Scottish, we're German". Somewhere along the line, some relative of Warren planted the seed that she had Native American heritage and Warren held on to that her whole life.
Last edited by Troy Loney on Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:18 pm

The DOJ and Military court are a joke and a disgrace according to Dear Leader.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:32 pm

The United States of America v. Paul Manafort & Rick Gates trial to begin on May 7, 2018

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Are Bannon’s Ongoing Contacts With Trump Illegal?
Bannon-Trump communications may also run afoul of obstruction of justice and witness tampering laws.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... bstruction

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:10 pm

“Stupid Watergate”