Politics And Current Events

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:05 pm

One could say you're already being a whiny little dodint right now trying to hedge your vets on how everything is going to play out.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:12 pm

One could say you're already being a whiny little dodint right now trying to hedge your vets on how everything is going to play out.
I think according to grunty, having made the unobjectionable statement that Trump is a loathsome individual, has qualified all of his Trump viewpoints as unbiased.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:12 pm

So provided that someone is not indicted or charged, you should move on? Is that what I'm reading?

But her emails....

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:14 pm

I only stick with one vet.

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:14 pm

So provided that someone is not indicted or charged, you should move on? Is that what I'm reading?
It's not necessarily against the law to coordinate campaign efforts with a foreign government - likely because who the **** would do that, such that we would need a law to discourage such behavior.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Trump is an objectively incompetent president. I don't see the issue in actively cheering on his impeachment. I don't worry about it further fracturing the country either. His election proved we're already there.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:19 pm

It's not necessarily against the law to coordinate campaign efforts with a foreign government - likely because who the **** would do that, such that we would need a law to discourage such behavior.

Both campaigns most likely did it to a certain extent.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:21 pm

#gruntied

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:22 pm

#gruntied

Eh... it's true though.

large garlic

Postby large garlic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Trump is an objectively incompetent president. I don't see the issue in actively cheering on his impeachment. I don't worry about it further fracturing the country either. His election proved we're already there.
That's pretty much my stance too. I think he's a danger to the country and the world, and the less time he spends in office, the better (yes, even if his replacement is Pence or Ryan). So, I'm fine with whatever legal means can be used to make this happen. Whether that's impeachment or voting him out in 2020...

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:23 pm

I think Trump just confirms that Fox News and "news" of similar ilk will turn your brain to mush. Mike Flynn appears to be the greatest example of that. To him it appears as accepted knowledge that Clinton was "the most corrupt ever", if you then believe all the random nonsense that is spread about her, it then justifies corrupt behavior in your own mind. I think the only plausible explanation for Flynn believing he could get away with that ****, was that he believed Obama and Clinton were doing worse.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:29 pm

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:31 pm

The campaign dropped Manafort like a hot potato...we'll find out why, eventually.

Also: note how the admin spent moths distancing themselves from Manafort, but then the news that a FISA operation on Manafort happened means the entire building was bugged.

jlaw.boobs

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:42 pm

That's pretty much my stance too. I think he's a danger to the country and the world, and the less time he spends in office, the better (yes, even if his replacement is Pence or Ryan). So, I'm fine with whatever legal means can be used to make this happen. Whether that's impeachment or voting him out in 2020...
And I'm not actively rooting for them to find more ways that he put his country in jeopardy. But him potentially getting in trouble for new revelations...call it a silver lining.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:44 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:53 pm

I think the only plausible explanation for Flynn believing he could get away with that ****, was that he believed Obama and Clinton were doing worse.
This is the biggest consequence of 24 hour 'opinion news', imo.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:55 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:25 pm

He's an Irish dude from Boston. I would be surprised if this wasn't a nightly occurrence.

Altho that is one of the greatest thumbnail previews I've ever seen.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:27 pm

How Democrats won the presidency
On the losing side are the Republicans who put their faith in a guy who promised the moon but has managed only to deliver a galaxy of tweets and several significant staff replacements. Trump the Republican was always a strain to credulity, but people can make themselves believe just about anything, as thousands of years of ritual sacrifice and snake dances confirm. Trump the salesman has always known this, either instinctively or as the result of his first successful con.

There are two things to know about con artists: One, they’re having fun; two, once a bluffer tastes the sweet satisfaction of scamming a sucker — one’s born every minute, you know — he can’t stop. Once The Donald realized people would buy his brand of unction, he couldn’t resist. No matter what he said or did, people of good (and not so good) faith donned their protective glasses and refused to see.

Trump was never ideologically driven, though he did surround himself with ideologues as helpmates. Or were they the biggest suckers of all?
But what seems increasingly clear is that, while Clinton tries to purge her demons by explaining how she lost, Trump is busy fashioning a perfect world for Democrats to prevail. Which is to say, he may get more accomplished for the Democratic Party than Clinton could have with a Republican-dominated Congress.
Also, the wall is not, in fact, getting built, though repairs are currently being made to existing wall-like structures. Ditto health care, which, instead of being repealed and replaced, likely will be an Obamacare fix, followed by the single-payer system that Democrats wanted all along and that Trump supported before he became a “Republican.”

Thus, it would seem that Democrats really won the election and that Trump, despite his faux-angry campaign promises, is a pretty good Democrat after all. Congratulations, Mr. President, on your best performance yet. Congratulations are also owed to former president Obama, whose chief legacy survives. Congratulations, Sen. Sanders: Your day is nigh.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... fb52a5e2e5

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:56 pm

That's some powerfully optimistic juju. Crikey.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Where does Jeff Sessions fit into the left's big win?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:06 pm

:lol:

The hammering part was the best part

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oklahoma-c ... ding-pipe/
Forget the fact that he was deaf, was the guy holding a pipe (not a gun) and standing 15 feet away from the officers truly putting their lives in danger?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Dude shouldn't have run at them.
The fact that the police say he ran at them doesn't mean he actually did. Note that the official narrative from the criminal complaint doesn't say squat about slamming the suspect's face into the ground, but the video unequivocally shows they did. Police in this country have repeatedly demonstrated that they are not entitled to a presumption of truth.