Politics And Current Events

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:10 pm

It's an unnecessary comparison.
There's no proof the Russia/China numbers are fake (although I too suspect they are).
The American numbers aren't all that accurate on their own. Without looking it up, they're dependent upon local police and sheriffs departments reporting to the FBI (I believe).

Regardless, and again, to ignore the blatantly obvious problem of police violence, militarization of the police, etc, is to perpetuate the problem. It may be called hyperbole but we live in an emergent if not outright police state to those who are objective observers of the facts.

One place where the statistics are fairly certain are with regard to encarceration rates. Again, on the phone, but per capita we make Russia and China look Busch league.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Knowing people who actually live in Russia and China, and knowing families actually affected by State Police in those countries the idea there is a comparison to American police is so ignorant to be almost offensive.

And since evidently every post needs a disclaimer that makes it clear I am not defending shooting people.
I am anti-police state and militarization of police

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:26 pm

Nooo :( I love Fells Point :(

Although, I didn't see any looting going on.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:51 pm

One thing I hope that comes out of this mess is that voters start actually looking more at a candidates ability to lead and do the job than to espouse bumper sticker slogans...

the errey i breathe

Postby the errey i breathe » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:54 pm

I dunno if this was already posted but it certainly didn't help: http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/04/2 ... o-do-that/

My wife works right in the middle of all of this and I've already bribed her to relax at home instead of going in to work tomorrow. Luckily we're far away from all of this about 45 min north but we both work down there and it's definitely worrisome.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:57 pm

One thing I hope that comes out of this mess is that voters start actually looking more at a candidates ability to lead and do the job than to espouse bumper sticker slogans...
Ferguson just had an election a little over a month ago. Turn out was crap. Then Deray (theres that name again) split the second his people didn't get elected. But of course not without first claiming fraud with absolutely no basis to back it up.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:59 pm

I know if I lived in these areas that have the riots, I would protect my family by any means necessary.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:07 pm

I dunno if this was already posted but it certainly didn't help: http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/04/2 ... o-do-that/

My wife works right in the middle of all of this and I've already bribed her to relax at home instead of going in to work tomorrow. Luckily we're far away from all of this about 45 min north but we both work down there and it's definitely worrisome.
Im about the same distance west of town. I don't work down there but this is a little too close for my taste. Well...technically ANYWHERE is too close for my taste.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:09 pm

CNN flocks to this crap like the weather channel to a hurricane.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Sports Bar keeping you down?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:30 pm

Cutting holes in fire hoses at active fire scenes ...my lord. Time to beat these animals until they have had enough. Rubber bullets, whatever. I don't care

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:34 pm

I don't care any more either. Open fire. The ones still standing will go home real fast.

All in the name of a crack dealer. Screw Freddie Gray.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:35 pm

I don't care any more either. Open fire. The ones still standing will go home real fast.

This is a despicable post.

Both paragraphs. For totally separate reasons.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:43 pm

Uh oh obhave

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:44 pm

So I'm just trying to summarize here. A guy sells drugs so dying a fairly horrific death because of police negligence isn't THAT bad. Also robbing a 7-11 and starting fires where no one was killed means the police should execute large masses of people.

There are some ugly implications coming to the surface here based on some of these posts.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:44 pm

I. DONT. CARE. ANYMORE. These POS animals have turned me against every single cause they claim to stand for. Those cops and firefighters deserve to go home tonight above any person out in the streets.

Don't blame me, buddy. You want to protest and voice your concerns like a human being? I'll listen. You want to act like this? Then F*** your cause. The only problem is the low IQ scumbags are too stupid and brainwashed to realize this does them no good in their preserved fight against oppression.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:45 pm

What happened to you that you take this so personally?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:47 pm

So I'm just trying to summarize here. A guy sells drugs so dying a fairly horrific death because of police negligence isn't THAT bad. Also robbing a 7-11 and starting fires where no one was killed means the police should execute large masses of people.

There are some ugly implications coming to the surface here based on some of these posts.

They are throwing bricks at police, and assaulting by-standers. Eventually deadly or some type of extreme force will be used.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:49 pm

I. DONT. CARE. ANYMORE. These POS animals have turned me against every single cause they claim to stand for. Those cops and firefighters deserve to go home tonight above any person out in the streets.

Don't blame me, buddy. You want to protest and voice your concerns like a human being? I'll listen. You want to act like this? Then F*** your cause. The only problem is the low IQ scumbags are too stupid and brainwashed to realize this does them no good in their preserved fight against oppression.
I would guess that nearly all of those looting and rioting aren't doing it in the name of any cause. They are taking advantage of a situation.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:49 pm

Thousands of officers and firefighters who had nothing to do with the incident have to leave their families tonight and walk into a war zone all while being the #1 target of violent criminals who have no morals, all while pretending to care about Freddie Gray. They don't give 2 s**** about that guy. So why should I? If they did they would have respected the families pleas for calm tonight. NOOOOOOPE.
Last edited by NailedPenguin on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:50 pm

They are throwing bricks at police, and assaulting by-standers. Eventually deadly or some type of extreme force will be used.
We aren't even in the arena of using deadly force. People in other countries with legitimately deadly incidents would find this board hilarious.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:51 pm

Noah Rothman ‏@NoahCRothman 15s16 seconds ago
Car just drove into CNN shot and backed another vehicle into a raging fire. Drive off. Trying to blow that car up. No police or FD.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:52 pm

Thousands of officers and firefighters who had nothing to do with the incident have to leave their families tonight and walk into a war zone all while being the #1 target of violent criminals who have no morals, all while pretending to care about Freddie Gray. They don't give 2 s**** about that guy. So why should I? If they did they would have respected the families please for calm tonight. NOOOOOOPE.
War zone. Ha.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:54 pm

We aren't even in the arena of using deadly force. People in other countries with legitimately deadly incidents would find this board hilarious.

If you got hit with a brick being thrown by a protester or you or your family were being beaten, I think you would feel different.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Thousands of officers and firefighters who had nothing to do with the incident have to leave their families tonight and walk into a war zone all while being the #1 target of violent criminals who have no morals, all while pretending to care about Freddie Gray. They don't give 2 s**** about that guy. So why should I? If they did they would have respected the families please for calm tonight. NOOOOOOPE.
War zone. Ha.

You cannot compare a third world country to the US. It is down right stupid. This kind of stuff doesn't/shouldn't happen in a civilized country. How you cannot comprehend that is beyond me.