Politics And Current Events

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Trump's joke about Hillary's deleted emails and Russia is a great test of media bias. It was a joke. It would be difficult to imagine a more obvious joke. So if you see a media outlet trying to make this a serious story, then you can safely assume they are biased and in the tank for Hillary.
Was it a joke? Yes. But to suggest it’s a test of media bias? C’mon dude. That assclown has made too many preposterous statements to clearly define it as a joke, more precisely, for the world to see it as a joke, for our allies to see it as a joke. The remark was that of a man who, contrary to what his current political affiliation preaches, has little if any idea of what it means to be a “great” American. :(

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:47 pm

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Police say a security guard at a mall in the Pittsburgh suburbs accidentally shot another guard in the buttocks while loading his personal weapon.

Ross Township police tell the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (http://bit.ly/2ahtFRU ) the shooting happened about 11 p.m. Tuesday in the security office at the Ross Park Mall. The mall was closed at the time.

Police say the mall guards aren't armed, and the guard was handling his own gun at the end of his shift. He has been fired.

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:51 pm

shot another guard in the buttocks while loading his personal weapon
Well....

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:13 pm

In a moment of can't miss TV, Dirty Harry will be speaking tonight.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Do serious Presidential candidates joke about such matters in a public forum?
Hey, it's just good ole trump being good ole trump, making his funny jokes
The best jokes.

Avyran

Postby Avyran » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:39 pm

I'd imagine that if some of the candidates in the 1800s or early 1900s had Twitter, we would've heard a TON of those jokes.

Especially folks like TR. Not really trying to prove you wrong... just enjoying the idea of those folks having to deal with twitter / the colossal media circus that shits out so much scandal and stupidity that we have today.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Was it a joke? Yes. But to suggest it’s a test of media bias? C’mon dude. That assclown has made too many preposterous statements to clearly define it as a joke, more precisely, for the world to see it as a joke, for our allies to see it as a joke. The remark was that of a man who, contrary to what his current political affiliation preaches, has little if any idea of what it means to be a “great” American. :(
What other outrageous statements are just jokes?
I see it's also a great test of personal bias against Trump.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:54 pm

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:57 pm

Good article.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/07/wi ... terrorism/

This paragraph is the Western media in a nutshell:
The more complex story of the Munich shooter allowed everyone to double-down on their favourite explanations for violence. Inadequate welfare provisions, unsuitable town-planning and bullying were all wheeled out to explain why Ali David Sonboly started shooting in a McDonalds. Others were a little too keen to claim him as an Isis warrior, when it seems he wasn’t. The BBC got around the problem by excising the ‘Ali’ and all reports of his religion. Instead, speculation about the shooting happening on the fifth anniversary of Anders Breivik’s terrorist assault in Norway meant that every-one could ignore the Muslim eyewitness who heard Sonboly shout ‘Allahu Akbar’ and headline on Breivik instead. Meaning that in Europe in 2016 a child of Iranian parents can be portrayed as a white supremacist, while no amount of Mohameds shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ can be said to have any connection to Islam.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:00 pm

The notion that Europe does not "accept the reality of Islamic terrorism" is absurd and stupid. That is all.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:27 pm

If people ragging on trump is "personal bias" then so is every opinion about everything.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:35 pm

Indeed. I decided Donald Trump was an asshat thirty years ago.

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:47 pm

What other outrageous statements are just jokes?
It seems like you're suggesting that people should take each thing that a person says on its own, and ignore what the person has said and done in the past.

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:51 pm

I gotta go dig up my outrage flowchart.

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:52 pm

Don't think anyone is outraged.

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:02 pm

Ok, then I gotta go dig up my hand-wringing flowchart. Because it's funny that everyone is all omg Trump said something questionable about Russian hackers, but those folks weren't all omg Hillary transmitted classified data via an unsecured server.

And better still is the political ideology that those folks embrace - specifically one which embraces an expansive role for the executive (which despite its many flaws was not the intent for that branch in the constitution) - are now dreading the consequences of someone like Trump assuming the office. THAT is a real hoot, to the likes of myself. :-)

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:08 pm

The "I'm not voting for Trump" crowd here spends a lot of time carrying his water.

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:11 pm

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I could care less what Trump says. Its meaningless, but fun to criticize. I also don't really care too much who gets elected. As I said the other day, neither will likely change my day to day life. I'd rather have Clinton choose judges, but that's about it. I won't vote for either of them though. Trump is a carni and Clinton is a amalgam of idiocies.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:14 pm

Source of the post omg Trump said
Source of the post omg Hillary transmitted
Once again...for the millionth time, we come back to this...
Microcosm of why the left can't get anything done in this country, is because they can't get out of their own way...because this is the mindset. Nickel and dime, wordplay, semantics, distract and confuse, create confusion and panic and then go, "see, we were all so confused, we couldn't get anything done!"

They would have this country on lock politically if they didn't d*** around so much with things like this...

Just get to the f***** point! :lol:
So much more worried about words used and who might have hurt feelings, but meh, take or leave the action...

It goes a long way to explaining why you're inching closer to letting a lay-up election get away...it's a slam dunk...and you're gonna leave up to chance because of dumb word games...because Hillary isn't better than it, she'll go right there for the "hurt feelings" angle...get all hot and bothered because of some trash talk Trump said...meanwhile, half your party was for the guy that actually had a plan and then half the country wants the guy that they think will kick ass and take names...all you have to do is not be buttery soft, loser babies and you walk to an election win and gain seats...and you can't do it...

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:17 pm

Huh?

Does Mikey not know my views?

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:18 pm

That's an interesting view.

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:19 pm

Huh?

Not everything is about you. :slug:

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:19 pm

What is the tally of accomplishments for the right and left over the past 20 years?

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:20 pm

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I could care less what Trump says. Its meaningless, but fun to criticize. I also don't really care too much who gets elected. As I said the other day, neither will likely change my day to day life. I'd rather have Clinton choose judges, but that's about it. I won't vote for either of them though. Trump is a carni and Clinton is a amalgam of idiocies.
Damn. Wrong conclusion.

You should be realizing that the threat of a Trump administration is enough reason to object to the accumulation of so much power in the executive branch.

Oh well. Maybe once we finally get a real dictator people will get it. :lol:

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:20 pm

Huh?

I was just using it to quote you. I wasn't talking to you, if you know what I mean haha...sorry for the confusion. :thumb: