Politics And Current Events

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:11 pm

Part of the problem (IMO) is that this discussions seems to only happen after a mass shooting.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:14 pm

Part of the problem (IMO) is that this discussions seems to only happen after a mass shooting.
We are expressly not to have this conversation in the wake of a mass shooting. Emotions n'at.

I'm still waiting to find out what constitutes a sufficient passage of time, or if it's even possible in this country to go x number of weeks without an incident like this.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:16 pm

Source of the post or if it's even possible in this country to go x number of weeks without an incident like this.
It is certainly looking like we can't :-(

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:17 pm

In campaign news:

Corey Lewandowski out as Trump campaign manager
Ivanka Trump, the candidate's daughter, played a pivotal role in convincing Trump to take action against Lewandowski. She had been critical of Lewandowski for months and this was not the first time that she had leaned on her father to part ways with his top aide. Contributing to Ivanka Trump's recent dissatisfaction with Lewandowski were intensifying tensions between Lewandowski and Ivanka Trump's husband, Jared Kushner, an influential force behind the scenes. One source said rumors swirled that Lewandowski had attempted to plant negative stories in the press about Kushner -- a final straw for Ivanka Trump.
I don't know much about this Lewandowski fellow, but it seems like planting negative stories in the press about your client's son-in-law isn't........ smart? He doesn't have a very good brain.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:17 pm

I was going to crack a joke about that second part, but that's too much of a dick move, even for me.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:18 pm

In campaign news:

Ivanka Trump, the candidate's daughter, played a pivotal role in convincing Trump to take action against Lewandowski. She had been critical of Lewandowski for months and this was not the first time that she had leaned on her father to part ways with his top aide. Contributing to Ivanka Trump's recent dissatisfaction with Lewandowski were intensifying tensions between Lewandowski and Ivanka Trump's husband, Jared Kushner, an influential force behind the scenes. One source said rumors swirled that Lewandowski had attempted to plant negative stories in the press about Kushner -- a final straw for Ivanka Trump.
I don't know much about this Lewandowski fellow, but it seems like planting negative stories in the press about your client's son-in-law isn't........ smart? He doesn't have a very good brain.
Is that the daughter that Trump wants to bang?

columbia

Postby columbia » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:18 pm

I'd also like to bang.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:20 pm

In campaign news:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:20 pm

This should be getting a lot more attention than it is getting. The "lack of propaganda" reason is preposterous. Everyone in the known world know that he was an Islamic extremist that "martyred" for his cause, there's no need to release a tape to prove that. ISIS is having plenty of luck.
"[Mateen] does not represent the religion of Islam, but a perverted view," Hopper said, later adding: "Part of the redacting is meant to not give credence to individuals who have done terrorist attacks in the past. We're not gonna propagate their violent rhetoric."
Does he, now?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:21 pm

In campaign news:

lol, man is that creepy.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:30 pm

Ivanka is ridiculously hot.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:36 pm

She's only like 15 in that photo, so it's total Creepersville.

This is a much more appropriate photo for the discussion:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:37 pm

Source of the post She's only like 15 in that photo, so it's total Creepersville.
Trump being in the photo already kills bonerville, so no worries there.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:26 pm

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Yeah I still don't see this as being motivated by Islam

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Ivanka is ridiculously hot.
Meh. Not impress.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:49 pm

:lol:

He had been radicalized for the last year, by most estimates. Come on.

I noticed they replaced "Allah" with "God" in the transcripts. That was a nice, subtle touch.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:53 pm

He had been radicalized for the last year, by most estimates. Come on.

I noticed they replaced "Allah" with "God" in the transcripts. That was a nice, subtle touch.

I know I left the slug and pop emotes out on purpose but come on dude. I don't think anyone could deny his motivation after this...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:57 pm

It's Monday, my sarcasm detector needs emotes to operate

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Wendy Bell files discrimination lawsuit against WTAE
In the lawsuit against Hearst Stations filed by attorney Sam Cordes, Ms. Bell alleges that she was fired without cause and that her employer repeatedly called her a ”model anchor and newsroom leader” and encouraged her to use social media in her work.

The lawsuit includes claims for race discrimination under the federal Civil Rights Act.

“Defendant fired Ms. Bell because of her race and therefore deprived Ms. Bell of the same right to make and enforce contracts as is enjoyed by white citizens,” Mr. Cordes wrote.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/ ... 1606200140

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:17 pm

Is she the one with those loopy Facebook word salads?

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:18 pm

She's the one.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:19 pm

Yes, nearly every Facebook post is either a humblebrag or white whine.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:19 pm

Source of the post The lawsuit includes claims for race discrimination under the federal Civil Rights Act.
wut