Gaucho

Politics And Current Events

Postby Gaucho » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:56 pm

What MIMH said.

Wait, did I actually say that? :scared:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:59 pm

shaf, if you want people on here to take articles you post seriously, try not to grab articles from obviously very conservative sources.

that article that you linked to just now has 0 sources or external links to it. It just sounds like one random racist guy ranting.
Here is a center-left source for you discussing the consequences of Germany's migrant policy :

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/o ... oor-policy

Is that better? I have a degree in political science and have studied world politics for years, I don't need advice from you on how to appear more "credible" :pop:
Arson attacks on refugee shelters continue on an almost daily basis. Reports of refugees being greeted at the doors of their new homes by neo-Nazis humming Third Reich songs or being pelted with banana skins are not uncommon. There are mounting concerns that elements of the far-right have found new oxygen in the crisis by tapping into ordinary people’s fears that Europe’s largest economy may be unable to cope with the decision to allow so many to take refuge within its borders.
That's from the article. Mass Migration is never easy, but all the problems aren't stemming from the refugees it seems. I guess I see it as a situation where as long as people say something won't work, isn't working, that's enough for a program/initiative to fail.

ExPatriatePen

Postby ExPatriatePen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:00 pm

The examples I cited actually happened. These things are actually occurring. This isn't propaganda. If you don't want to discuss it, that's fine.

I don't know how anyone could be on board with Merkel's misguided attempt at compassion, but whatever. I guess we will revisit this in twenty years.
I just think that Gaucho would be better able to decipher whether these are just a string of random isolated incidents or any sort of trend that you seem to think.
Gauchos political leanings are well known on this board. He's far from an unbiased source,

Citing Gaucho as a reliable source isn't much different from Shaf quoting a conservative news media account.

I too would like to see someone speak to the facts.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:01 pm

The neo Nazi stuff is hideous, no doubt.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:01 pm

shaf, if you want people on here to take articles you post seriously, try not to grab articles from obviously very conservative sources.

that article that you linked to just now has 0 sources or external links to it. It just sounds like one random racist guy ranting.
Here is a center-left source for you discussing the consequences of Germany's migrant policy :

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/o ... oor-policy

Is that better? I have a degree in political science and have studied world politics for years, I don't need advice from you on how to appear more "credible" :pop:
yes, it is a lot better.

you posting a conservative article just tells us that you're confirming your own bias. Agreeing with the opposite side of the political spectrum strengthens your argument a hell of a lot more than agreeing with Fox News

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:02 pm

The examples I cited actually happened. These things are actually occurring. This isn't propaganda. If you don't want to discuss it, that's fine.

I don't know how anyone could be on board with Merkel's misguided attempt at compassion, but whatever. I guess we will revisit this in twenty years.
I just think that Gaucho would be better able to decipher whether these are just a string of random isolated incidents or any sort of trend that you seem to think.
Gauchos political leanings are well known on this board. He's far from an unbiased source,

Citing Gaucho as a reliable source isn't much different from Shaf quoting a conservative news media account.

I'll trust Gaucho with what is going on in Germany as I will trust you with Dom Irrera's current tour.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:04 pm

I would gloat in 40 or 50 years once the worldwide caliphate is established, but the Internet will probably be declared haram by then :wink: :lol:

columbia

Postby columbia » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:06 pm

I would gloat in 40 or 50 years once the worldwide caliphate is established, but the Internet will probably be declared haram by then :wink: :lol:
You'll always have to take your shoes off before entering a mosque. Can you handle that loss of freedom?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:06 pm

You'd be too busy hectoring your four wives anyway.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:07 pm

I can tell you this has been an issue in Sweden for at least the last five years. Our factory there was in a nice sea side town, that as more Muslim immigrants arrived the locals refused to put us up at the local hotel for fear of our "safety." Now, their idea of safe and my idea of safe are totally different things, but there's been a definite increase in poverty and everything that comes with it.

I can't speak for 'towns where women have to wear burkas,' nor would I say these troubles are due to the Syrian refugees (this has been building for 5-10 years), but there's the opinion of those that have to live it everyday.

There's also Sweden's non-confrontational nature to take into account. Culturally, they'd definitely let an issue grow to terminal mass before raising opposition to it, so you get where they are now.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:34 pm

"Cool knife Faisal Mohammad. want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more ppl to be like you. It's what makes America great"

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/05/us/univer ... index.html

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:43 pm

wut?

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:04 pm

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Chicago gonna Chicago.

ExPatriatePen

Postby ExPatriatePen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:44 pm

I'll trust Gaucho with what is going on in Germany as I will trust you with Dom Irrera's current tour.
I'd say those are roughly equivalent. Thanks.

columbia

Postby columbia » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:03 pm

What does that even mean?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:50 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:19 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:29 pm

TIL that Ben Carson believes the pyramids in Egypt were grain silos, built by Joseph (of Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat fame). This was proffered as a refutation of the 'scientific' claim that aliens built the pyramids.

columbia

Postby columbia » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Seems legit

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:35 pm

The AP is reporting that the Governor of CA used government resources to explore the potential oil resources on land he privately owns

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/7780d1a9 ... -oil-ranch

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Just as an FYI for those wondering the Jews built large store cities, just not the pyramids.

There is extra-biblical archaeological support for this, but here is the biblical record.

"And [the Jews] built for Pharaoh treasure cities, Pithom and Raamses" -- Exodus 1:11

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:42 pm

TIL that Ben Carson believes the pyramids in Egypt were grain silos, built by Joseph (of Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat fame). This was proffered as a refutation of the 'scientific' claim that aliens built the pyramids.
I'm really not sure if this is a person who was brainwashed at a young age or someone with an actual mental illness.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:56 pm

In Carson, we're talking about a guy who to date has had 17 public statements checked out by PolitiFact, and none of them rated 'Mostly True' let alone 'True'

3 half-true
4 mostly false
8 false
2 pants-on-fire

(They haven't yet weighed in on the pyramids thing, but I'd be okay rating that pants-on-fire)

columbia

Postby columbia » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:00 pm

some brewing tips for @count2infinity

Pharaoh Ale: Brewing a Replica of an Ancient Egyptian Beer
http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/z ... tian-beer/