Poor Tomas.

Beveridge

Politics And Current Events

Postby Beveridge » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:45 pm

Where did he go? He disappeared, hopefully all ok. @Tomas

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:53 pm

Princess Kate was diagnosed with cancer. Just released.

I dont' care much about the royal family, but cancer sucks.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:16 pm

But it’s echo chamber non-sense. It’s the only way he’ll change.

What makes you believe the polls are wrong?

Certainly, things can change between now and the election, but based on current polling, if the election were tomorrow, say, Trump would win handily. This is not something being reported by just one poll or pollster (to be clear, because you seemed to be confused last time, these X accounts are only reporting polls, not doing the polls).

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:21 pm

Kennedy won’t get that high a percentage in any state.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:23 pm

Are these polls still done by cold calling land lines?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:34 pm

Polls are good when they say what we want, bad when they don't... the election isn't today or next week or next month. None of this means anything at the moment.

I do find a poll saying RFK is at 16% in PA odd. Anyone here know a single RFK Jr. voter? Most of us live in PA. I'm sure we collectively know at least 100 people. Now due to the difference between the polling population and our population, I don't expect there to be 16 people, but surely someone here knows at least one RFK Jr. voter...

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:36 pm

Shyster “I don’t like Trump” immediately responds with 27 polls from multiple different Twitter users. Its sort of like he’s actually a Trump supporter or something

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:41 pm

I think he's just an obvious troll

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:41 pm

Shyster “I don’t like Trump” immediately responds with 27 polls from multiple different Twitter users. Its sort of like he’s actually a Trump supporter or something
Whoa whoa whoa. This is conservative boogie man talk. Not staunch Libertarian batshit craziness.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:44 pm

Different names, same Canaans.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:59 pm

40 dead in Moscow concert hall shooting.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:05 pm

I was specifically responding to Morke's wish that Trump "just can’t go away fast enough." He won't be going away very fast if he gets elected president in November, and at least at the moment, the polls indicate that he will get elected president in November. That was my point.

As for that election, I've already started my preparations by ordering one of these signs for my yard.

https://www.amazon.com/EVERYBODY-SUCKS- ... 0CT62LH3R/

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:06 pm

40 dead in Moscow concert hall shooting.
“See?! It’s just as bad over in those shitholes!” -Republicans

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:10 pm

I do agree that Trump isn't the problem, he's just the guy that opened the box... it's the people that support him that are the problem. And once he's gone, that attitude isn't going away. They'll find someone else to rally around. Probably not with the same staying power as Trump, but someone.

My one coworker was a 2x Trump voter who turned sour on him a bit after Jan. 6th. She said the school district she's in announced they're closing early for the solar eclipse and the amount of MAGA crazy people that flooded the facebook announcement caused them to take the page private, clean it up, and then limit who is allowed to post replies. These psychos aren't going away even if Trump does.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:14 pm

If Truth Social becomes public, the value will immediately plummet.

As the merger is currently structured he isn't permitted to sell his shares in any resultant public company or use them as collateral for financing for a period of time. He could always seek a waiver, of course.

I haven't really followed this super closely (or at all, even), but apparently the original CEO and a couple other folks who were co-founders of Trump Media/Truth Social were ousted last year, and they banded together to form the holding company that's acquiring Trump Media in this merger. They are also suing Trump (*shocked face*) for [insert reasons of business dickheadery here], and that litigation might impact the value of Trump's stake in this merger. Or not. I don't know. I keep sacrificing goats in the hopes that a meteor hits him and makes this all go away, but alas. I think I need better goats.
I am seeing that the tick tock owner just bought a stake in the spac that will make Trump’s stake worth billions.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:28 pm

My one coworker was a 2x Trump voter who turned sour on him a bit after Jan. 6th. She said the school district she's in announced they're closing early for the solar eclipse and the amount of MAGA crazy people that flooded the facebook announcement caused them to take the page private, clean it up, and then limit who is allowed to post replies. These psychos aren't going away even if Trump does.

What they just did is likely unconstitutional after last week's SCOTUS decisions in O’Connor-Ratcliff v. Garnier and Lindke v. Freed, which unanimously held that public officials can violate the 1A by deleting posts and blocking people and comments on social-media pages so long as the official had authority to speak and the page contains official communications. If we're talking about an official Facebook page that is maintained by the school district itself and contains messages and posts that are communications from the school district, then the district would be violating the 1A and subjecting itself to the risk of § 1983 suits by deleting comments and blocking people.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:31 pm

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:35 pm

I am seeing that the tick tock owner just bought a stake in the spac that will make Trump’s stake worth billions.
Are you talking about Yass? The person who was able to get Trump to change his mind about banning ticktok. Did he invest 545mm in the spac?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:37 pm

Polls are good when they say what we want, bad when they don't... the election isn't today or next week or next month. None of this means anything at the moment.

I do find a poll saying RFK is at 16% in PA odd. Anyone here know a single RFK Jr. voter? Most of us live in PA. I'm sure we collectively know at least 100 people. Now due to the difference between the polling population and our population, I don't expect there to be 16 people, but surely someone here knows at least one RFK Jr. voter...
Dems need to hammer RFK Jr on his crackpot views.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:38 pm

"Trump met with a billionaire GOP donor with a big stake in TikTok just days before he publicly tried to save the app" -- March 11, 2024

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:39 pm

Are you talking about Yass? The person who was able to get Trump to change his mind about banning ticktok. Did he invest 545mm in the spac?
Yeah, looks there are layers to it, but the major shareholder of the entity that bought into the trump thing is owned by Yass

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:40 pm

"Trump met with a billionaire GOP donor with a big stake in TikTok just days before he publicly tried to save the app" -- March 11, 2024
Yeah, good thing we know how serious the republicans are about selling influence with the Biden impeachment hearings

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:41 pm

As the merger is currently structured he isn't permitted to sell his shares in any resultant public company or use them as collateral for financing for a period of time. He could always seek a waiver, of course.

I haven't really followed this super closely (or at all, even), but apparently the original CEO and a couple other folks who were co-founders of Trump Media/Truth Social were ousted last year, and they banded together to form the holding company that's acquiring Trump Media in this merger. They are also suing Trump (*shocked face*) for [insert reasons of business dickheadery here], and that litigation might impact the value of Trump's stake in this merger. Or not. I don't know. I keep sacrificing goats in the hopes that a meteor hits him and makes this all go away, but alas. I think I need better goats.
Need to talk to the folks in the ruminant procurement division.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:45 pm

That’s not concerning given the current debt he holds, the reversal he’s taken on banning TikTok, his recent meeting with TikTok, and the current legal troubles.

Does anyone care about how the amount of debt Trump has puts him in a position to be easily compromised?

Edit: got pulled away while typing and finished to see it mentioned a bunch of times.