Politics And Current Events

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:19 pm

I flew to Pittsburgh for the first time last week and I was surprised (and annoyed) at how far the airport is from the city proper. why the hell is the entrance to the airport on the west side of it making it even further??

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:21 pm

Where’d he say that?

In a radio interview with Charlamagne tha God on Friday, May 22, 2020.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:22 pm

So yes or no?

No, he said that black people can only be authentically black if they vote Democrat.
Where’d he say that?
What are you trying to accomplish here? Biden did say it. He was on a radio show and it was an off the cuff remark that he pretty much immediately (hours later) apologized for it:
“The bottom line of all of this perhaps I was much too cavalier. I know that the comments have come off like I was taking the African American vote for granted but nothing could be further from the truth. I’ve never, ever done that and I’ve earned it every time I’ve run,” he said.

“I was making the point that I never take the vote for granted and in fact I know in order to win the presidency, I need the African American vote,” Biden said. “I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy. I shouldn’t have been so cavalier.”
So, he said it. Also, anyone not infected with MAGA mind can tell how it's different from what Trump said.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:25 pm

No goal really, just poking the bear.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:27 pm

I’m surprised you guys reply to Shyster at all

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 pm

I’m surprised you guys reply to Shyster at all
:lol: He can’t help it and it’s an interesting exercise watching an otherwise logical person throw everything out the window on principle.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:36 pm

I flew to Pittsburgh for the first time last week and I was surprised (and annoyed) at how far the airport is from the city proper. why the hell is the entrance to the airport on the west side of it making it even further??

The original terminal was on the east side of the field to the east of runway 14/32, and it was accessed off of Business 376 with the main entrance at what is now Horizon drive. They had to keep the old one open while the new one was being constructed, and the only place to go was to the west side of the field.

While the entrance is farther away, I'm not sure it takes any more time to get there. Business 376 to the airport was regularly backed up, and there were traffic lights to sit through. Now the airport is its own exit off the highway. It's way more convenient to get to now, albeit slightly farther away.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:40 pm

Again, I love it how you guys consider a registered libertarian to be the conservative boogieman.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:45 pm

Again, I love it how you guys consider a registered libertarian to be the conservative boogieman.
Case in point. We know who you are. It’s batshit stuff like saying NATO left Putin without any option but to attack Ukraine that keeps us coming back.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:47 pm

Case in point. We know who you are. It’s batshit stuff like saying NATO left Putin without any option but to attack Ukraine that keeps us coming back.
And that's not a libertarian view, that's a MAGA view.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:49 pm

Trump has said that about the Jews and Israel before. That's not a "gaffe", a POV he has reiterated.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:17 pm

You can get from the airport to the city in 20-25 minutes in normal traffic. I feel like that's fairly average.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:22 pm

Are we
Source of the post Again, I love it how you guys consider a registered libertarian to be the conservative boogieman.
MAGA, Libertarian, Conservative are not all interchangeable words nor does being one nullify you from being the other. There are overlaps, for sure. But when I say "MAGA mind" and you whip out the "REGISTERED LIBERTARIAN!" card... uhh.. k? They are not mutually exclusive, my man.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:24 pm

Are you of the impression that if you just claim I said that enough times, it will make it true that I said that? We went through this before, and I never said that.

The libertarian position would be that the US shouldn't be in NATO in the first place (or a party to any other entangling alliances).

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:27 pm

You can get from the airport to the city in 20-25 minutes in normal traffic. I feel like that's fairly average.
I haven't flown to a ton of places, but San Diego and Boston are awesome as far as airport being *BOOM* right there next to downtown. Denver and Houston both feel like they're way the f*ck out there from the downtown area. Pittsburgh feels average to longer side of average.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:29 pm

Multiple traffic choke points if you aren’t going at off times though

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:31 pm

I haven't flown to a ton of places, but San Diego and Boston are awesome as far as airport being *BOOM* right there next to downtown. Denver and Houston both feel like they're way the f*ck out there from the downtown area. Pittsburgh feels average to longer side of average.
Ah I haven't flown into those cities. Most airports feel like a solid 20 minutes at least. It took us 2 hours to get from Heathrow to our hotel in London but that was mostly due to traffic.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:32 pm

Multiple traffic choke points if you aren’t going at off times though
That's true. If you're going into the city during peak traffic, you're going to have a bad time. You know you're **** if you hit stop and go traffic in Green Tree.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:34 pm

Atlanta is like Dever/Houston at least where I lived in Lawrenceville.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:35 pm

Not a lot of things are as painful as cresting that hill right before the 79 376 interchange and seeing traffic backed up to the on ramp from 79, especially if you are going from the airport to the east end

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:36 pm

I picked some random nearly cities and had Google give me directions from the city hall to the airport and took the distance of the recommended route:

Pittsburgh 17 miles
Cleveland 13 miles
Cincinnati 13 miles
Baltimore 10 miles
Charlotte 8 miles

Pittsburgh is a little longer than the others but I don't think excessively so. On the other hand, the distance from the Denver city hall to DEN is 22 miles, so it could be worse.

Rylan

Postby Rylan » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:39 pm

Pittsburgh just always feels farther than the distance the crow flies. This is with everything in this city.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:49 pm

Those fckin crows don’t fly through tunnels or deal with these infernal hills

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:51 pm

Boston is good because they built that huge underground highway. I believe it was tortuous before that, like NYC.

I don't have an incredible memory of it, but I think the Chicago airports are well placed.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:57 pm

I only ever go to Chicago for connecting flights... same with Dulles.