Politics And Current Events

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:57 pm

Could you just not? Like, just stop being a psychopath. Please?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:52 pm

cannot believe people are willing to give up their lives for Donald Trump. One of the most insane things to happen during my lifetime

dude openly lies all the time and is generally just a bumbling moron

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:04 pm

During an outdoor speech that was whipped by strong winds and punctuated by some profane language, Trump predicted that if he does not win the Nov. 5 general election, American democracy will come to an end.

"If we don't win this election, I don't think you're going to have another election in this country," Trump said.

Trump, who is under criminal indictment in Georgia for trying to overturn the result of the 2020 election there, this week won enough delegates to mathematically clinch the Republican nomination.

A general election rematch with Biden is likely to be extremely close. A Reuters/Ipsos poll last week found the two candidates in a statistical tie with registered voters.

Trump opened his remarks in Dayton with a tribute to his supporters who are currently in jail for rioting at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, as they sought to block certification of Biden's 2020 election win.

Trump saluted and called them "patriots" and "hostages".
Nothing good is going to come from this election.
I’d be interested to hear an expert on free speech explain how this treasonous talk is allowed.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:14 pm

so this is just everything that’s wrong with modern politics

apparently in the speech he talked about falling behind other countries and how it would be a blood bath if he lost (in context, he means an economic one). Pelosi and the Dems are taking this out of context and making it seem like he’s referring to a literal bloodbath (ie an insurrection) if he were to lose: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/16/us/p ... -ohio.html

so him saying that (his fear-mongering is bad) is the first stupid thing, then the Dems taking this line out of context while he said some some in-context terrible **** is stupid thing number 2 and of course Republicans who support Trump are hyper-focusing in on the out-of-context-quote taking (“oh my god Dems will do anything to win!!”) and ignoring all of the other despicable **** he said is the third stupid thing and is the cake-taker

it’s all so dumb

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:04 am

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:31 am

apparently in the speech he talked about falling behind other countries and how it would be a blood bath if he lost (in context, he means an economic one). Pelosi and the Dems are taking this out of context and making it seem like he’s referring to a literal bloodbath (ie an insurrection) if he were to lose: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/16/us/p ... -ohio.html

so him saying that (his fear-mongering is bad) is the first stupid thing, then the Dems taking this line out of context while he said some some in-context terrible **** is stupid thing number 2 and of course Republicans who support Trump are hyper-focusing in on the out-of-context-quote taking (“oh my god Dems will do anything to win!!”) and ignoring all of the other despicable **** he said is the third stupid thing and is the cake-taker

it’s all so dumb
Parsing words on this is also “so dumb”

When your last official act was instigating a mob riot, maybe saying there will be a bloodbath is a poor choice of words.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:07 am

Also a very deliberate choice of words.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:19 am

Also a very deliberate choice of words.
Yes, I listened to the quote and it's obvious what he said.

It's really nothing new.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:14 am

Could you just not? Like, just stop being a psychopath. Please?
My initial reaction still holds, even with context and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:14 am

Putin won

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:25 am

Putin won

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:27 am

Putin received 100% of the votes, I'm assuming?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:46 am

87%.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:53 am

My mother, to this day, uses "Ovechkin" as a swear substitute due to that commercial. Decades worth of children were exposed to it in 5th grade math class. :lol:

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:27 am

Democrats need to start running campaign ads with footage from January 6 with Trump saying all of this violent rhetoric and saying the people involved are patriots and hostages.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:29 am

Democrats need to start running campaign ads with footage from January 6 with Trump saying all of this violent rhetoric and saying the people involved are patriots and hostages.
The bloodshed thing from the other day is annoying. Everyone on X is saying "HERES THE CONTEXT" and all the liberals are saying "BUT BLOODSHED!"

I don't want to see that on my TV lol.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:53 am

The bloodshed thing from the other day is annoying. Everyone on X is saying "HERES THE CONTEXT" and all the liberals are saying "BUT BLOODSHED!"

I don't want to see that on my TV lol.
Not wanting to see it is kind of the point right?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:39 am

No this is more of the, I don't need to see these ads because I know the guy is a clown and is a non-starter vote anyways. I feel like if you're an independant and still need to decide, I don't know if an ad like that is going to do much.

I'd be running on the anti-abortion stuff, etc.

Maybe try legalizing weed.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:43 am

And the insurrectionist stuff would galvanize the other clowns, who don't believe anything said by the other side anyway.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:31 am

Trump can't find the funds for the 400+ million ruling for appeal.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:38 am

Trump can't find the funds for the 400+ million ruling for appeal.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:41 am

He said Pissbaby, not Pissbaby Jr.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:46 am

it’s all so dumb
Parsing words on this is also “so dumb”

When your last official act was instigating a mob riot, maybe saying there will be a bloodbath is a poor choice of words.
look at the bold

but also his poor choice of words doesn't excuse the left for taking his poor choice of words out of context

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:46 am

:lol: A++

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:27 pm

if Trump is elected again, prepare yourselves for his motion to do away with POTUS term limits.