Politics And Current Events

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:00 am

The dude is old and misremembers years where he was getting ready to leave the White House and his son had just recently died. I'm 37 and I sometimes forget how old I am and have to do the math back to my birthday. I have to sit and think about when I graduated college, and when I started grad school, and when I finished grad school, and what year I was married, and what year I started dating my wife, and what year my kid was born. Most of these things happened within the last decade or two and I still have to sit and think about them.

This whole thing is silly.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:09 am

The dude is old and misremembers years where he was getting ready to leave the White House and his son had just recently died. I'm 37 and I sometimes forget how old I am and have to do the math back to my birthday. I have to sit and think about when I graduated college, and when I started grad school, and when I finished grad school, and what year I was married, and what year I started dating my wife, and what year my kid was born. Most of these things happened within the last decade or two and I still have to sit and think about them.

This whole thing is silly.
Also, the exact year a person passed away is not the thing that you remember about the event. You remember things like where you were and what time of year. It's not like the start date of a job. For my wedding, I remember the date but sometimes get the year mixed up.

Just an absolutely obnoxious detail to include in the report to support your argument that he's borderline senile if your using that response from the transcript. True POS Hurr proved himself to be.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:28 am

My mom passed away two years ago in April. I honestly couldn't tell you the exact date in April unless I looked it up and I'm 40. I just know it was early April. You tend to block alot of that time out in your head when things are bad/emotionally draining.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:32 am

Yes, my dad died in August and my mom died in September. I wrote their obits and handled some of the probate/estate stuff, and I couldn't tell you without looking it up what the exact dates were. In fact, back in November, while talking with my sister, I had the entire timeline off - I thought my mom had died in October and my dad in September. It was just a whole lot of stuff going on in a short amount of time: hospital stays, home, then more hospital then rehab centers. Then rinse and repeat with my mother and her bad heart valve and COVID stays in the hospital...ugh. And I'm 50!

Grief is weird with memory.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:30 am

It's strange to make a big deal out of it or make it out to mean the man has dementia and is cognitively failing, and it's strange to defend it or call it a "lie" that he forgot the year his son died.

Just all around weird.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:33 am

There are days I legit can't remember the login code to my kids daycare, and I go there every. single. day.

Also, can't even remember how old I am. I am bouncing between 37/38 constantly. This is stupid.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:48 am

With all of this being said does anyone really think that Biden is sharp enough to be the leader of the free world?

I ask this as a person that will most certainly vote for Biden in November

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:52 am

https://x.com/wired/status/1767884330515186010?s=46

This is death penalty worthy. The more inhumane the better

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:53 am

With all of this being said does anyone really think that Biden is sharp enough to be the leader of the free world?

I ask this as a person that will most certainly vote for Biden in November
No. I just merely think the cheap shot in the sc report was gross.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:54 am

Yea, he's not. It's not a shock, honestly, it's just dumb like not being able to remember a date is the end all be all sign.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:55 am

But given our other choice in the election, yes. I think Biden will likely have a competent cabinet, chief of staff, etc that will effectively lead the government. I do not have similar faith in the other elderly presidential candidate or his party writ large.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:02 am

I do not think Biden alone is sharp enough to be our president. I did/do not want him to run in November.

That said, I trust Biden over Trump. I trust the people that Biden is surrounded by over the people that Trump is surrounded by, I trust the DNC over the GOP to be in the White House.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:02 am

I do not think Biden alone is sharp enough to be our president. I did/do not want him to run in November.

That said, I trust Biden over Trump. I trust the people that Biden is surrounded by over the people that Trump is surrounded by, I trust the DNC over the GOP to be in the White House.
This is where I'm at.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:09 am

I think the comment in the report is careless and misleading. It's technically true that he didn't have the years right, but it's not completely out of the course of the conversation. He knew the exact day, and in the paragraph leading up to it he's talking about the end of his term as VP and the 2016 election. His recollection of the things all happening at the same time: Obama telling him not to run, those in the Senate asking him to, dealing with Beau's death, deciding to write the book (which was the last of the several things Hur mentioned in his question) all happening together. That he was apparently looking at notes that said something about 2017 and combined the two doesn't set off clueless old guy with early onset dementia alarms.

To paraphrase what Shyster has said many times, there's plenty of reasons to think he's not sharp enough currently to lead the country, inflating a nothing-burger like this does more harm than good.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:09 am

The GOP is just a comical institution at this stage.

You have to either want or not care if the federal government becomes a Soviet style patronage program. Or i suppose just want that so that you can live out your dystopian world hellscape before you die.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:09 am

I'm of the mindset that if Biden stays in and wins, he will step aside somewhere within the 2 year mark to allow Harris to serve 2 years to finish his term and 2 more full terms. Who knows if she can win an election beyond finishing Biden's term, but I think that's the play.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:10 am

I'm of the mindset that if Biden stays in and wins, he will step aside somewhere within the 2 year mark to allow Harris to serve 2 years to finish his term and 2 more full terms. Who knows if she can win an election beyond finishing Biden's term, but I think that's the play.
“Step aside”, do you mean die?

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:12 am

I note that Joy Reid in that video did say that Biden raised the issue of his son's death himself, but she omits that Biden mentioned it in response to a question about a timeframe of two years later. A lie of omission.

I can understand that Dems want to spin this as Biden not being mentally diminished, but the transcript says what it says. When being asked about stuff in 2017-2018, he starts talking about his son's death, which happened in 2015.

I can say I personally had to think hard about the exact day my mother died. I sure as eff know what year it was, though. Biden didn't.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:13 am

That's what everyone was saying in 2020 as well.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:13 am

I still think there’s a possibility he drops out post primaries due to “illness” and essentially nominates someone he likes, possibly Newsom

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:13 am

Love seeing how Trump is setting cronies in at the rnc to just gut that organization.

Donations just going straight to the trump org coffers. Who could have seen that coming?

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:16 am

I still think there’s a possibility he drops out post primaries due to “illness” and essentially nominates someone he likes, possibly Newsom
No way. They'll Weekend at Bernies his ass first.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:16 am

Source of the post I can say I personally had to think hard about the exact day my mother died. I sure as eff know what year it was, though. Biden didn't.
Biden sure as eff knew the exact day. He just had to think about the year (and was in the pressence of other people having a conversation with him at the time of him thinking about it).

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:17 am

This is such a dumb story that it's embarrassing to see people whine about it.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:18 am

“Step aside”, do you mean die?
I mean, sure, but I also think he'll say "I've done what I set out to do..." etc. and basically retire. Health issues could force him to do the same.