Politics And Current Events

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:17 am

Wet Blanket Weenie?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:19 am

WWWBWD?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:24 am

Hey I'm the king of the world
You oughta hear my song
You come on measure me
I'm twenty inches long
Hey I'm king of the world
Wet blanket weenie
You oughta hear my song
Wet blanket weenie
You come on measure me
Wet blanket weenie
I'm thirty inches long
Wet blanket weenie

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:08 am

What non-conspiracy ways are there to attack him?

You can't figure out non-conspiratorial ways to attack the guy who was impeached twice?
So you can’t name any legit criticisms?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:11 am

Hmm, memes or a guy routinely talking stupid **** and getting criminal charges like it's going out of style. I'll go with memes.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:19 am

or, well, I know he doesn’t actually post tweets, but it’s embarrassing that someone who represents him posts that kind of stuff
Considering what else was happening during the game, it's admittedly disappointing. I thought I voted for the grown-ups.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:26 am

Imo memes will help win back a disaffected young person voter base turned off by his oldness and inability to please young people on things like the Gaza cluterfck

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:27 am

Politics and internet culture is completely intertwined.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:36 am

Additionally, Trump rambling on Truth from his golden toilet about whatever the f*ck he's rambling about at that time vs. a silly meme poking fun at people that are convinced Joe Brandon wrote a script for the Super Bowl... I know everything is equal, but these two are not the same.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:51 am

comparing anything to Trump is silly. Trump is the worst version of a politician these days. Saying "well at least he's not Trump" is effectively the lowest bar to overcome

idk, it's just indicative of where politics is these days. I kind of chuckle when people call me a wet blanket because I feel like I have a hard time taking things seriously. But the country is going the wrong way (wealth inequality being worse than its ever been, RvW being repealed and major state laws being passed that force women to carry dangerous pregnancies, Israel vs Palestine crescendoing, etc.) and it's embarrassing that the president and his office are playing into these dumb jokes. It hurts the state of the country much more than it helps. Trump and his fans see this and probably become more adversarial which is not what we need

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:52 am

comparing anything to Trump is silly. Trump is the worst version of a politician these days. Saying "well at least he's not Trump" is effectively the lowest bar to overcome

idk, it's just indicative of where politics is these days. I kind of chuckle when people call me a wet blanket because I feel like I have a hard time taking things seriously. But the country is going the wrong way (wealth inequality being worse than its ever been, RvW being repealed and major state laws being passed that force women to carry dangerous pregnancies, Israel vs Palestine crescendoing, etc.) and it's embarrassing that the president and his office are playing into these dumb jokes. It hurts the state of the country much more than it helps. Trump and his fans see this and probably become more adversarial which is not what we need
This is tunnel vision. The entire republican party is a **** show.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:54 am

Source of the post It hurts the state of the country much more than it helps.
:lol:

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:54 am

It's the lowest bar to overcome, sure - but it's where we are lol.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:55 am

My FB feed is flooded with anti-Swift/Kelce comments this morning. It's pretty darned hilarious how the people who call liberals snowflakes freak out over musician and her boyfriend. Top comment so far:
Suck it Kelce!!! Take your lil girlfriend and leave the country, like she says she will, WHEN Trump wins the election.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:56 am

To be fair Kelce is awful and it'd be great if he left the country. Can't wait for their 'breakup.'

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:57 am

My FB feed is flooded with anti-Swift/Kelce comments this morning. It's pretty darned hilarious how the people who call liberals snowflakes freak out over musician and her boyfriend. Top comment so far:
Suck it Kelce!!! Take your lil girlfriend and leave the country, like she says she will, WHEN Trump wins the election.
Tucker said he'd kill himself if the Chiefs won. Still waiting.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:58 am

Also, love RFKJ disavowing the political ad while it still is pinned to the top of his Twitter timeline.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:20 am

This is tunnel vision. The entire republican party is a **** show.
Republicans aren't 'becoming' adversarial, they've glommed onto it as their reason of existence. And otherwise sensible (if disagreeable) people in charge have ceded leadership to the loons.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:22 am

I agree that the Republican Party is a shitshow but these actions encourage it to become a bigger **** show

at some point “when they go low we go high” needs to happen. But it’s not and things will continue to devolve

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:22 am

It's the lowest bar to overcome, sure - but it's where we are lol.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:34 am

I agree that the Republican Party is a shitshow but these actions encourage it to become a bigger **** show

at some point “when they go low we go high” needs to happen. But it’s not and things will continue to devolve

It did happen, for years, during the Obama administration.

Then Trump happened, so what good did it really do?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:35 am

This is complaining for the sake of complaining

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:20 pm

"When they start insanely idiotic conspiracy theories about the super bowl being rigged by a pop musician to win the election 10 months later, we go high."

That tweet is white house correspondents dinner joke caliber. Just because some redneck loaded his shotgun over it doesn't make it any worse than that.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:36 pm

meecrofilm

Postby meecrofilm » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:39 pm

Maybe this will make conservatives care about gun control.