Politics And Current Events

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:07 am

If you write a book about woke indoctrination of children happening in today's society, and then go a crusade to rid libraries of "woke" books, maybe you should be able to define "woke." Like, how do you not have that in the hopper?
Oh Christ, she wrote a book?

Her articles have long demonstrated that she is one of the dumbest people alive. Not surprising that she can’t manage a tv interview, and being like “uh oh, gonna go viral”, her brain is just her twitter feed. Hopefully this stops her from trying to expand beyond her comfort zone (yelling on twitter)

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:14 am

He is charged with lining his pockets with the money he stole, including buying himself, and his close relatives, a 50,000 square foot mansion, a $3.5 million Ferrari and even two $36,000 mattresses, and financing a $37 million luxury yacht,

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:15 am

I loved the end and wish I could see what happened after... "You can take your time." :lol:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:15 am

:lol: @ the bolded text

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:16 am

Oh my... in the comments:

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:20 am

Gonna need bigger Gulags.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:27 am

That is an amazing collection of people that are dumb online.

Mandel, Brianna joy, and then I think that’s Robby suave showing up to close it out. Just seeing those three in one frame, I would like to thank Elon for making me delete twitter.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:31 am

lol

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:33 am

So I’m seeing DeSantis might be banning black fraternities from Florida colleges….I mean if that’s real, I don’t even know what to say

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:05 pm

So I’m seeing DeSantis might be banning black fraternities from Florida colleges….I mean if that’s real, I don’t even know what to say
I'm not sure how true this is. But I will say this: I try to stay away from hyperbole and grandiose statements in this thread. But I'll repeat one grandiose statement, and student is that there is a pretty good chance someone tries to kill desantis at some point. His style, even moreso than Trump's style, will eventually piss off the wrong person or group

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:07 pm

Hopefully they succeed

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:09 pm

It's house bill 999.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... -campuses/

I assume Shyster will tell how it's not actually a big deal shortly.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:13 pm

digging into the bill itself, it's a little scarier than just banning black fraternities
(1) Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, a Florida College System institution, state university, Florida College System institution direct-support organization, or state university direct-support organization may not, directly or through a contract, grant, or agreement that provides services, shall expend any funds, regardless of source, to:

(b) Promote, support, or maintain any programs or campus activities that violate s. 1000.05(4)(a) or that espouse diversity, equity, and inclusion or Critical Race Theory rhetoric.
so wait, universities can't support anything that espouses "inclusion"? what the ****

unless I'm misunderstanding it, this is honestly pretty frightening. it's not just CRT, it's inclusion itself which is...pretty evil. inclusion and equity should be completely uncontroversial ideals
Last edited by MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:14 pm

I'm still surprised Obama served 8 years without an assassination attempt.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:14 pm

Hmph, I honestly didn't know you were even allowed to have an all-[race] fraternity/sorority...I also haven't been in college for a while (but also, not so long ago where that was encouraged...*cough*)

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:15 pm

Hmph, I honestly didn't know you were even allowed to have an all-[race] fraternity/sorority...I also haven't been in college for a while (but also, not so long ago where that was encouraged...*cough*)
I don't think you are. this article talks about how black fraternities have white people in them:

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:17 pm

So what makes it a "black fraternity"...? Also, what's the problem...?

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:18 pm

Historically black fraternities are open to anybody who wants to join. They were created in response to white-only fraternities.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:24 pm

I'm assuming a black fraternity is just a fraternity with primarily black members. This is the one that Obama was a member of. I don't see any references to "we're a black fraternity" but do see things that talk about how they focus on areas that affect the African American community and whatnot

https://apa1906.net/

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:26 pm

"funnily", it's not restrictive of white people...it's restrictive of women: https://apa1906.net/membership/
Any male student of an accredited college may be presented as a candidate for membership in a college chapter
provided that he:

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:29 pm

That's why they have sororities...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:33 pm

lol that's a silly corollary. that's like saying "that's why they have black fraternities" if there was a white frat that didn't accept non-white members

also there are plenty of frats that accept women. my brother met his wife because they were both members of a frat. a frat (or sorority) that doesn't accept other genders is...dumb (and is obviously not useful in the modern world where we realize gender is very complex). Does this mean a trans person can't join? etc

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:35 pm

The DEI backlash is just so incredibly stupid

It's a concept invented by corporate America as just like make-work nonsense. It's an HR function and an internal PR campaign.

If you've worked at a company of any size, you recognize it as meaningless fluff. And yes, it's meaningless fluff even if they pay people to do DEI stuff.

But it's PR and a recruiting keeping up with the Joneses thing. You are just a gullible idiot if you think this is something meaningful enough to be threatening. Well, I guess being a conservative these days is centered mostly around being an idiot, so makes sense that it's now a core GOP political issue.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:40 pm

It's a concept invented by corporate America as just like make-work nonsense. It's an HR function and an internal PR campaign.

If you've worked at a company of any size, you recognize it as meaningless fluff. And yes, it's meaningless fluff even if they pay people to do DEI stuff.

But it's PR and a recruiting keeping up with the Joneses thing. You are just a gullible idiot if you think this is something meaningful enough to be threatening. Well, I guess being a conservative these days is centered mostly around being an idiot, so makes sense that it's now a core GOP political issue.
It's complicated because while this is true...there are very legitimate benefits to having a diverse team. there are many studies that show that a team with diverse backgrounds, etc. build better products than non-diverse teams because having people with diverse backgrounds mean they approach and perceive problems and questions differently. so as a manager I definitely "emphasize" the importance of diversity.

but also it can't be the most important thing. it's one piece of the puzzle and a lot of companies use it as a "see, we care about non white people and women!!!" marketing ploy

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:47 pm

It's complicated because while this is true...there are very legitimate benefits to having a diverse team. there are many studies that show that a team with diverse backgrounds, etc. build better products than non-diverse teams because having people with diverse backgrounds mean they approach and perceive problems and questions differently. so as a manager I definitely "emphasize" the importance of diversity.

but also it can't be the most important thing. it's one piece of the puzzle and a lot of companies use it as a "see, we care about non white people and women!!!" marketing ploy
Very much agree with that. It's one of those things that smart companies/managers/executives do without needing to a PR campaign about.

I guess it's mostly just the same circular nonsense with how everything works in life. If people just recognized this is as smart management and smart hiring, it would happen and no one would know. But because ways of being become ingrained for a lot of things, some folks need the PR campaign. But ultimately, no one would be mad with the actual product of a meaningful diversity and inclusion effort. They're mad that they have to hear about it.