Politics And Current Events

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:23 pm

Blame the undecideds.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:26 pm

The PC term is gender neutral, get with the times.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:33 pm

I've only seen a little bit about this...but isn't the attacker saying that he was on a mission to take out [conspiratorial leaders or whatever]...? Where's the "in" for the gay prostitute angle...?
Clearly you've never actually been to San Francisco. All of em are gays.

Joking aside, are you seriously seeking a logical explanation for this?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:36 pm

All I know is that I'm getting about 6 pieces of junk mail everyday from politicians. I'm almost to the point where I'll vote for whomever gives me the least amount of junk
There should be an opt out list for physical mail the same as the do-not-call registry for cell phones.

Also, despite being on the don't-call-me list I get a dozen or so unsolicited political txts every campaign cycle. I'm registered with no party affiliation, so I don't even know how my number is obtained. But I think political violators should face more onerous penalties than commercial senders.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:46 pm

https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/page ... code=en-US

As provided by 25 Pa.C.S. Section 1404(b)(1) (relating to Public Information Lists), as well as the SURE Regulations at 4 Pa. Code Section 184.14(b) (relating to Public Information Lists), the Department of State will provide the Full Voter Export List to requestors.

This version of the Public Information List is a full export of all voters in the county and contains the following fields: voter ID number, name, sex, date of birth, date registered, status (i.e., active or inactive), date status last changed, party, residential address, mailing address, polling place, date last voted, all districts in which the voter votes (i.e., congressional, legislative, school district, etc.), voter history, and date the voter’s record was last changed.

The cost of the Full Voter Export list is 20.00. Upon successful payment an email will be sent to the provided email address.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:46 pm

I'd take it a step further to say political ads shouldn't even be allowed period

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:52 pm

I'd take it a step further to say political ads shouldn't even be allowed period

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:58 pm

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:59 pm

All I know is that I'm getting about 6 pieces of junk mail everyday from politicians. I'm almost to the point where I'll vote for whomever gives me the least amount of junk

There should be an opt out list for physical mail the same as the do-not-call registry for cell phones.

Also, despite being on the don't-call-me list I get a dozen or so unsolicited political txts every campaign cycle. I'm registered with no party affiliation, so I don't even know how my number is obtained. But I think political violators should face more onerous penalties than commercial senders.
Agreed but given all that revenue goes to the US Post Office I don't see that happening.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:01 pm

I've only seen a little bit about this...but isn't the attacker saying that he was on a mission to take out [conspiratorial leaders or whatever]...? Where's the "in" for the gay prostitute angle...?

It does follow some logic - the GOP would rather spread a conspiracy theory about a gay lover than admit that the perpetrator of the crime was inspired by the same ideals that the GOP has been embracing since Trump took over, because that would require them admitting they've royally **** up the direction they've taken themselves.

"We are all domestic terrorists" - CPAC 2022.

bhflyhigh

Postby bhflyhigh » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:18 pm

I went to our early voting location the other day and the amount of signs around that place was insane. There were so many, that the people holding signs standing outside the entrance were totally camouflaged and I didn't even realize there were people there, until some of the signs started to move and shake around. Scared the crap out of me.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:21 pm

Got confirmation that our mail ballots were received and counted yesterday. No ID needed!

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:25 pm

Got confirmation that our mail ballots were received and counted yesterday. No ID needed!
Did you have to date them?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:27 pm

The political mail stuff is annoying enough but it just makes me laugh when the Dems talk so much about environmentalism and then either actively take part in or encourage the printing of millions of these dumb mailers that immediately go into the trash without a second thought

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:50 pm

Not necessarily "logical", in the traditionalist sense, but just kinda generally how they got here. Sure, it's easy to dismiss the conclusion as wrong, but I'm assuming there was sort of "in" to make that claim...like the cops found a bunch of hundreds and three glass weenies at the scene orrrrr Paul recently took long positions in gay stocks or something...

I'm not really interested in conspiracy theory, but I'm interested in the building blocks...

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:57 pm

The building blocks were simply that the original report had police finding them both in their underwear because either a journalist can't understand English or the officer feeding them information couldn't speak it. It was cleared up relatively quickly, but because retractions are always fine print the conspiracy theorists ran with "why would two men be in their underwear together."

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:03 pm

The building blocks were simply that the original report had police finding them both in their underwear because either a journalist can't understand English or the officer feeding them information couldn't speak it. It was cleared up relatively quickly, but because retractions are always fine print the conspiracy theorists ran with "why would two men be in their underwear together."
Outside of class, I just walked around in my undies in college all day. Eventually you are bound to run into another man doing the same.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:05 pm

Outside of class, I just walked around in my undies in college all day. Eventually you are bound to run into another man doing the same.
Title of your sex tape

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:25 pm

I read that sentence basically as NAN just looming, menacingly outside of lecture halls in his boxers...kids whispering "does that guy even go here...?"

And thanks CBear for the source...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:25 pm

Yes. I had to actually sign and date both of them, because I dropped Mrs Tif's ballot on her behalf; honor system!

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:27 pm

'college'

;)

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:37 pm

Between this and the propublica mess, “left” news sites not having a good week

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:38 pm

lol

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:40 pm

Yes. I had to actually sign and date both of them, because I dropped Mrs Tif's ballot on her behalf; honor system!
Mule!!!

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:55 pm

Couldn't have, otherwise they wouldn't have been counted, as that is an indecipherable and very confusing prompt