Did you have a molotov with you?

faftorial

Politics And Current Events

Postby faftorial » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:10 pm

I have this on record.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:57 pm

The case is Tatel v. Mt. Lebanon Sch. Dist. (W.D. Pa.).

Apparently, Mount Lebo teacher Williams decided to go off reservation and off curriculum, "which included showing videos or reading books about transgender topics and telling the first-grade students in her class (ages six and seven years old) to keep her discussions with them about transgender topics secret from their parents." Williams, who has a transgender child, "told parents she 'has an agenda' and intends to teach 'right on the edge.' Williams told one Plaintiff 'as long as I am on this earth, I am going to teach children what I feel they need to learn.' ... In March 2022, Williams began to discuss with her class her child's gender dysphoria and explained that her child was once a boy, but is now a girl. On March 31, 2022 (the Transgender Day of Visibility), Williams provided direct classroom instruction on gender dysphoria and transgender transitioning. Williams explained to her students that sometimes "parents are wrong" and parents and doctors "make mistakes" when they bring a child home from the hospital. ... These materials were not listed on the first-grade curriculum and parents were given no notice or opportunity to opt their children out of having those materials presented to them in school." Judge Conti held that parents have a constitutional right to be notified of subjects like this and to opt their children out of such subjects.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:23 pm

She shouldn't be allowed in a classroom again

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:48 pm

Well, Mt Lebo School District says in the link:

The Mt. Lebanon School District deeply values and appreciates the close partnership we have with our families and strives to be a place where every student feels welcomed, valued, and respected. The complaint filed against the District, its Board, and employees contains various allegations that are untrue or based on partial truths that mischaracterize events for sensational effect. The District looks forward to the opportunity to set the record straight.

I'm withholding judgement at this point.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:54 pm

The hysteria over trans kids reminds me the McMartin trials.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:36 pm

Who the hell is chris deluzio

What the hell is he even running for

Who the hell is running against him? I see a bunch of anti deluzio ads but i cant even figure that out

Why the hell is someone spending so much money to bash this guy

Why the hell does it seem like this deluzio chooch is getting outspent 15 to 1? Is he the bob nutting of politicians?

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:42 pm

Interesting moment, and topic, of bipartisanship.

I'm not sure I would have expected Dems in PA to repeal the law outlawing "any dagger, knife, razor or cutting instrument, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or otherwise," but the bill passed the Senate unanimously and the House 202–1.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:48 pm

Who the hell is chris deluzio

Although I believe the boundaries of the district have changed some because of redistricting, Chris Deluzio (D) and Jeremy Shaffer (R) are the candidates for the district north of Pittsburgh that is currently represented by Conor Lamb.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:30 am

So jack is just gonna make twitter again and twitter as we know it will just be Parler

https://consent.yahoo.com/v2/collectCon ... 6686ad4821

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:42 am

Had an introductory chat with a new guy we brought in at work to be the new payments/crypto sme.

Every time someone starts explaining why the blockchain makes something better, my brain just implodes, my questions are always off base and I can’t find any practical applications. Like, apparently the sofi guy got me too’d and his thing is now blockchain mortgage servicing, which is good apparently.

Moral of the story, “decentralized social media”, **** you dorseyw

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:48 am

The article talked about why he isn't using Blockchain so

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:59 am

So one of the knocks being used against one of these guys in the congressional race is that he’s a millionaire. The definition of which as I understand it is- has a net worth of at least a million dollars. At this point in time haven’t a not-insignificant number of “regular people” amassed that? We’re nowhere near there yet but for my wife and I to retire comfortably I think a mil is what it’s gonna take. It doesn’t automatically put you out of touch with reality, anymore.

Standard class warfare crap I suppose but at this point I’m not sure “millionaire” is any huge deal.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:35 am

There are 21,951,000 millionaires in the U.S., according to the 2021 Global Wealth Report by Credit Suisse.

In 2020, there were 168.31 million people registered to vote in the United States.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:41 am

So one of the knocks being used against one of these guys in the congressional race is that he’s a millionaire. The definition of which as I understand it is- has a net worth of at least a million dollars. At this point in time haven’t a not-insignificant number of “regular people” amassed that? We’re nowhere near there yet but for my wife and I to retire comfortably I think a mil is what it’s gonna take. It doesn’t automatically put you out of touch with reality, anymore.

Standard class warfare crap I suppose but at this point I’m not sure “millionaire” is any huge deal.
Yep. I'm considered a millionaire based on that definition.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:18 am

I know we’re all worried about Twitter but I just went through my Facebook feed and 8 of the first 10 posts are ads or “suggested” posts. And that’s why I never go on Facebook. Could Musk buy meta too?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:34 am

I know we’re all worried about Twitter but I just went through my Facebook feed and 8 of the first 10 posts are ads or “suggested” posts. And that’s why I never go on Facebook. Could Musk buy meta too?
It’s something I noticed too. I hardly use Facebook so I don’t really care but it’s amazing how Facebook has really just become an app for ads first and foremost

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:04 pm

Kyrie doubling down on Kanye’s antisemitism

its funny/sad how so many black celebrities don’t see the issue with Nation of Islam’s ludicrous antisemetic theories

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:35 pm

Thank you for doing your part in propagating it, though.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:49 pm

I for one am shocked that Kyrie is saying idiotic things.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:15 pm

lol I’m sure you say this anytime MTG or another Trumper says something hateful

this is honestly part of the reason why I think it’s important to share stuff like this. when peoples first reaction is “who cares?”, that’s sad

Kanye and Kyrie are easy to discard as just straight up douchebags but there are a lot of celebrities that share these views. Jaylen Brown, a player on the Celtics, originally tweeted a defense of Ye but eventually changed his tune when he realized it was bad for business to align with Ye
Last edited by MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:15 pm

On twitters new moderation:

But European regulators reminded Musk on Friday that they’d be closely scrutinizing any changes he made to the platform, 75 percent of whose users live outside the United States. A sweeping new law set to come into force in the European Union would force Twitter and other tech companies to fight misinformation and limit the spread of illegal content. E.U. officials said during a news conference Friday that they will be watching to make sure Twitter complies with these new regulations, known as the Digital Services Act.

“In Europe, the bird will fly by our rules,” Thierry Breton, an E.U. commissioner who has helped oversee tech policy, tweeted Friday, a reference to Twitter’s bird logo. Musk earlier had tweeted that the bird had been uncaged.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... ist-posts/

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:27 pm

lol I’m sure you say this anytime MTG or another Trumper says something hateful

this is honestly part of the reason why I think it’s important to share stuff like this. when peoples first reaction is “who cares?”, that’s sad

Kanye and Kyrie are easy to discard as just straight up douchebags but there are a lot of celebrities that share these views. Jaylen Brown, a player on the Celtics, originally tweeted a defense of Ye but eventually changed his tune when he realized it was bad for business to align with Ye
Also, reposting to a couple dozen people here is not really propagating.

I think that propagating thing holds when we’re talking about Maggie haberman or some such figure posting some looney thing without proper explanation/context/actuals. I guess I would just say it only applies to public figures

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:13 pm

Halloween celebrity sighting stampede in Seoul now has 120+ dead victims (suffocation, heart stoppage)...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:48 pm

Halloween celebrity sighting stampede in Seoul now has 120+ dead victims (suffocation, heart stoppage)...
jesus christ

crushes/stampedes in large crowds is my absolute biggest fear