Politics And Current Events

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:34 pm

This is another one of those situations where I only know about some douchebag because of this thread.
I still have no idea who that guy is.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:46 pm

So I go to deactivate my Twitter this morning and I get hit with an error please try again later button

I’m sure this is a total coincidence
Took me a couple tries and a password reset, but I nuked mine. Not a huge deal, I only created it to send one DM to PopeHat and ask a question in one of their Twitter threads like four years ago. That was the sum total of my personal engagement on the Twitter. The account really only survived the automatic termination after 30-days of inactivity rule because of clicking links ITT refreshing my login.

Sadly, I have to retain a 'professional' account to monitor my company's social media activity.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:53 pm

https://triblive.com/local/police-respo ... n-heights/

At least 6 people have been shot. Still an active scene.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:55 pm

If it was outside a funeral, it was likely a street beef.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:56 pm

The man who allegedly attacked Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s husband early Friday posted memes and conspiracy theories on Facebook about Covid-19 vaccines, the 2020 election and the Jan. 6 attack.

David DePape, 42, was identified by police Friday as the suspect in the assault on Paul Pelosi at the speaker’s San Francisco home.
Last year, David DePape posted links on his Facebook page to multiple videos produced by My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell falsely alleging that the 2020 election was stolen. Other posts included transphobic images and linked to websites claiming Covid-19 vaccines were deadly. “The death rates being promoted are what ever ‘THEY’ want to be promoted as the death rate,” one post read.

DePape also posted links to YouTube videos with titles like “Democrat FARCE Commission to Investigate January 6th Capitol Riot COLLAPSES in Congress!!!” and “Global Elites Plan To Take Control Of YOUR Money! (Revealed)”

Two days after former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of killing George Floyd, DePape wrote that the trial was “a modern lynching,” falsely indicating that Floyd died of a drug overdose.

He also posted content about the “Great Reset” – the sprawling conspiracy theory that global elites are using coronavirus to usher in a new world order in which they gain more power and oppress the masses. And he complained that politicians making promises to try to win votes “are offering you bribes in exchange for your further enslavement.”

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:57 pm

This is another one of those situations where I only know about some douchebag because of this thread.
I still have no idea who that guy is.
Some clown that shows up as a guest on FOX News.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:59 pm

Crazy. Hopefully we vote in more maga at the midterms. Probably be a good idea.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:07 pm

The man who allegedly attacked Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s husband early Friday posted memes and conspiracy theories on Facebook about Covid-19 vaccines, the 2020 election and the Jan. 6 attack.

David DePape, 42, was identified by police Friday as the suspect in the assault on Paul Pelosi at the speaker’s San Francisco home.
Last year, David DePape posted links on his Facebook page to multiple videos produced by My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell falsely alleging that the 2020 election was stolen. Other posts included transphobic images and linked to websites claiming Covid-19 vaccines were deadly. “The death rates being promoted are what ever ‘THEY’ want to be promoted as the death rate,” one post read.

DePape also posted links to YouTube videos with titles like “Democrat FARCE Commission to Investigate January 6th Capitol Riot COLLAPSES in Congress!!!” and “Global Elites Plan To Take Control Of YOUR Money! (Revealed)”

Two days after former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of killing George Floyd, DePape wrote that the trial was “a modern lynching,” falsely indicating that Floyd died of a drug overdose.

He also posted content about the “Great Reset” – the sprawling conspiracy theory that global elites are using coronavirus to usher in a new world order in which they gain more power and oppress the masses. And he complained that politicians making promises to try to win votes “are offering you bribes in exchange for your further enslavement.”
I have no qualms about voting straight D until these people go away or at least quit being catered to by the right

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:17 pm

I find boycotts to be idiotic. I have an uncle who won't wear Nike because of kaepernick, wont drink coca cola for whatever wacked out political reason, won't fly certain airlines, etc etc etc. Why inconvenience yourself to prove a point nobody cares about?
Yeah well you’re an idiot

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:47 pm

I have no qualms about voting straight D until these people go away or at least quit being catered to by the right
Yeah, this is how I've felt for a couple years. Repeating myself here, but this ceased being a question of the role of government and related policy questions some time ago. This is just about rejecting crazy people, and why I reject the notion NAN and others have put forward here that's just a vocal minority. Crazy is the GOP DNA in 2022.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:48 pm

Pelosi's Husband violently assaulted during break-in.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... -rcna54510

Guy was arrested, interested to see just how bad "violently assaulted" is, given it's election time.
turns out he got beat with a hammer and is having surgery on his skull

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:54 pm

Nancy Pelosi certainly has to drum up sympathy to win reelection in San Francisco. Without it, she might dip below 75% in the general and give the other Democrat on the ballot a whisp of hope at not being clowned.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:30 pm

I'm for, forced sterilization when people do things like this. Not that he'd be procreating anyways, but I would make sure it was impossible no matter what.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:50 pm

Guess whose mother got one of the Czech national awards today (Czech Independence Day)?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:06 pm

Lol, glad to see that your country is full of morons, too.

meow

Postby meow » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:14 pm

I'm for, forced sterilization when people do things like this. Not that he'd be procreating anyways, but I would make sure it was impossible no matter what.
This is my proposed solution to most crimes.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:19 pm

You should probably vote for a moderate Republican then.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:23 pm

lol nah, they wouldn't do anything either. Thoughts and Prayers is something I'm not interested in hearing. No team will do what I think is necessary to violent offenders.

meow

Postby meow » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:51 pm

You should probably go **** yourself then

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:58 pm

You should probably go **** yourself then
I’ve been doing this for a while

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:00 pm

This might be the most bizarre account on Twitter, mainly because it is a real and serious person.

Jesus that guy tweets about being an alpha male so much I figure Trump must use his best ball gag on him.

Real alpha males don’t flex nuts. Real alpha males know they got ‘em.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:05 pm

they’re so underrated

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:09 pm

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:11 pm

Or as shyster points out, corporate greed has zero to do with it and it’s all the gubmints fault. Specifically Joseph Brandon Biden.

I never said it was Biden's fault. I said it was government monetary policy. Both parties have supported the monetization of debt, and have been doing that for years. The problem is the Fed and central-banking policy. Inflation is a factor of increases in the money supply. What has the money supply been doing recently? Let's see.

This is the M1 money supply over the last 10 years. M1 is the money supply that is composed of cash and checking deposits:

This is the M2 money supply over the last 10 years. M2 is the money supply that is composed of M1 plus stuff like savings deposits, money market securities, and other stuff than can be converted into cash fairly readily:

And this is the balance sheet of the Federal Reserve over the last 10 years:

The money supply has exploded since 2020. That was because the Fed has been busy creating money out of thin air in order to monetize all of the spending that the fedgov has been doing since the start of the pandemic. When the money supply goes up, the value of each individual dollar goes down. The solution is to stop printing money.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:43 pm

Ran out to grab dinner... Yep :lol:

The intersection of 30 and 41....prime MAGA drive by territory