Politics And Current Events

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:22 pm

Man, I can only imagine the feeling in your gut when that bombshell hits

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:14 pm

I read that the Catholic Church in Kansas spent $3 million on ads in a losing effort for the abortion amendment in Kansas.

Cool that they do not pay taxes, tho.
$3m that could have been spent literally anywhere else that would help their communities.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:22 pm

If I'm president, I call Xi:

"Hey man, let's talk like two gentlemen. I do not condone the senators actions. We come from opposite sides of the world, but if this planet goes, we all do. Destabilization is not in our best interests. Let's work this out."

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:29 pm

what does the military industrial complex want?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:54 pm

Yeah, I'm getting nervous.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:00 pm

Senator?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:04 pm

Yeah and Al Pacino was in Water World

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:05 pm

I read that the Catholic Church in Kansas spent $3 million on ads in a losing effort for the abortion amendment in Kansas.

Gotta save some money to rape more kids.

redwill

Postby redwill » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:21 pm

Gotta save some money to rape more kids.
Nah. They've only paid about $4 billion in settlements so far. There's money to burn and more kids lining up.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:02 am

Senator?
Whatever. :lol:

Used to always get her confused with Barbara Boxer.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:20 am

Saw an article about how the mother of a black child who was 'snubbed' at Chuck E Cheese is going to sue. I'm sympathetic to the kids when this stuff happens, but suing these companies? This is where you lose me.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:49 am

Saw an article about how the mother of a black child who was 'snubbed' at Chuck E Cheese is going to sue. I'm sympathetic to the kids when this stuff happens, but suing these companies? This is where you lose me.
Is this different from the Sesame Place incident? That snubbing of the child looked accidental to me but I think they are suing. Dumb.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:54 am

Is this different from the Sesame Place incident? That snubbing of the child looked accidental to me but I think they are suing. Dumb.
Yep, totally different case, but the same story. The mouse ignored a little black girl, so the mother is suing.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:38 am

Dems spending hundreds of thousands to get probably the most sane GOP member of congress, who voted to impeach, primaried by a certifiable election denier Trumpy?

I guess the theory is they win vs these people more often than not. They'd better be right....

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/02/politics ... index.html

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:41 am

Yeah, it's one of those 'be careful what you wish for' scenarios.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:56 am

There is some nuance to this one, Meier is also the guy that primaried Amash. Amash is the probably the only the republican that actually read the Mueller report, who went on to outline all the actual terrible things Trump did, and deemed him unfit for office.

Then, when all the things about Trump that were obvious to those of us who were paying attention to the Russia stuff, manifest with his attempt to overturn the election. Meijer (or however you spell it) went along with the impeachment, which in hindsight would have made life so much better for everyone, right? Wouldn't things just be much better if Trump got impeached and the party could just coalesce around DeSantis?

This is obviously just a desperate attempt for one house seat, which might be winnable for the dems, and their ads might have influenced the election. In other cases, the move in MD assures a dem becomes governor, and while the guy they sunk was a Hogan disciple, whose to say he's going to stay in that mold? And, maybe PA dems boosted Mastriano, but he won by a ton, he's the guy PA republicans wanted.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:57 am

Man, I can only imagine the feeling in your gut when that bombshell hits
(Me every morning after my first cup of coffee)

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:01 am

Yep, totally different case, but the same story. The mouse ignored a little black girl, so the mother is suing.
Sad that these stories make national news. Now these people are going to have to go out of their way to give special attention to black kids just to be safe and I don't think that's what anyone wants

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:06 am

Yeah stories like that take away from the real actual racial issues in this country IMO.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:09 am

Yeah stories like that take away from the real actual racial issues in this country IMO.
:thumb:

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:11 am

Although not strictly a racial issue, but it does touch on the fact that the justice system isn't so equal when it comes to race:
Unsanitary conditions and staff negligence caused the death of a 27-year-old man in a South Carolina jail earlier this year, a federal lawsuit filed Wednesday alleges.

Richland County officials sent Lason Butler — who displayed “erratic behavior” — to a room at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center where he frequently lay naked with an unflushed toilet and was placed on suicide watch — even though they knew the unit was unfit for inmates with mental health issues, according to the lawsuit.

After a two-week period during which Butler lost more than 40 pounds (18 kilograms) and was assessed to be “floridly psychotic,” he was found dead on Feb. 12 with fresh rat bites and no running water, the lawsuit alleges.

An autopsy report showed Butler died of dehydration. The Richland County coroner ruled Butler’s death a homicide, noting a “lack of action” by the jail staff. At the time of his death, Butler was the third detainee to die this year, the coroner said.

The lawsuit, filed on behalf of Butler's mother, Lakeshia Butler, alleges that staff were deliberately indifferent to Butler's serious medical needs, violating his due process rights under the 14th Amendment. The suit names Richland County and six jail employees.

The defendants’ failure to provide “sanitary conditions, access to health care, and relief from solitary confinement was unreasonable, was done intentionally, willfully, maliciously, and with deliberate indifference and/or reckless disregard for (Butler’s) basic human needs, and caused death,” the lawsuit argues.

Butler's family joined civil rights attorneys Audia Jones and Bakari Sellers, the former Democratic nominee for lieutenant governor, at a news conference Wednesday. There, lawyers walked through a series of witness accounts, medical reports and graphic images to highlight their case.
And folks, this isn't a jail in some backwater county. This is in the state capital, minutes from the SC Statehouse.

https://www.wltx.com/article/news/local ... 65174153ff

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:13 am

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:15 am

Sad that these stories make national news. Now these people are going to have to go out of their way to give special attention to black kids just to be safe and I don't think that's what anyone wants
Here's the Chuck E Cheese video, btw:

This one looks like a problem with the narrow line of sight within those costumes. I have a feeling that performer never saw that kid.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:19 am

Hard to say without more than 15 seconds of context

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:21 am

That's what it looked like in the Sesame Place incident.