Politics And Current Events

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:56 pm

That's where I see it having the most impact. Groceries are out of control, gas is out of control. Run on those two things and that hurts Biden/whoever as they have the "majority" now.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:32 pm

I understand that most voters are morons that don't understand how things work. Perhaps I'm one as well, but beyond nationalizing the oil industry, what could actually be done in the legislature or white house to bring gas prices and/or grocery prices down? I genuinely have zero idea what tangible thing they could do except ride it out.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:39 pm

I think it's the fact for me, that they don't even appear to be trying - minus that one failed legislature bid and Biden doing press conferences.

These types of things should be front and center about being worked on - but because they're negative, they just try and avoid it.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:44 pm

It’s not just the gas price bill but…what else has he or other Dems done this far? Albeit they can only do so much given the Craig Adamses like Manchin, Sinema and the republicans but still…what if consequence has been done over the last year and a half?

legalize pot, forgive student loans, idk do SOMETHING. Otherwise people who voted Dem in 2020 are going to become disillusioned and Republicans are gonna sweep both the mid terms and the next presidential election

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:41 pm

"I understand when I talked to Mike Lindell..." and "internets". I lost it. :lol:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:51 pm

If I'm Biden's chief of staff I am jettisoning this guy over the long weekend

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:55 pm

Liberal World Order? As if the conspiracy nuts needed any more ammo.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:06 pm

man Vince McMahon needs to come up with better stable names than that

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:16 pm

Hahaha

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:22 pm

The first rule of liberal world order is: you do not talk about liberal world order.

The second rule of liberal world order is: you do NOT TALK about liberal world order!

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:47 pm

Labash is such a good writer

https://mattlabash.substack.com/p/american-judas
For as long as he’s been a public self-servant, the towel boy who served as Donald Trump’s fourth and last chief of staff has been a professional sleazebag. He’s no cartoon villain, mind you. If Meadows were a color, he’d be beige. Blessed with the pleasantly dishonest face of a swampland timeshare hustler, the former congressman, who once described himself as being a “fat nerd” as a kid, rarely says anything funny or compelling, unlike his Lord & Savior Donald H. Christ. Yet he forever manages to be controversial without actually being interesting, the sinisterness equivalent of a white noise machine.
When the coup failed (perhaps Meadows was just taking batting practice for January 6 some years later), Boehner was told Meadows wanted to meet with him one-on-one. Boehner assented. Meadows came to his Capitol office, sat down on the couch across from Boehner, and they talked for a second or two. Then things got weird, as it is worth letting Boehner tell at length:

He had dropped off the couch and was on his knees. Right there on my rug. That was a first. His hands came together in front of him as if he were about to pray. ‘Mr. Speaker, please forgive me,’ he said, or words to that effect. I was so startled I can’t remember exactly what the hell he was saying. For a moment, I wondered what his elite and uncompromising band of Freedom Caucus warriors would have made of their star organizer on the verge of tears, but that wasn’t my problem. I hadn’t expected any sort of apology, and I really hadn’t expected to see a man huddled on the rug at my feet. So I did the only thing that came to mind. I took a long, slow drag of my Camel cigarette. Let the tension hang there a little, you know? I looked at my pack of Camels on the desk next to me, then I looked down at him, and asked (as if I didn’t know) ‘For what?’ Yeah, I said, I’d forgive him. But I knew he was carrying a backpack full of knives – and sooner or later, he’d try to cut me again with them. Which, of course, he did. (Boehner cashed out a short time later.)

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:02 pm

Man I’m usually joking but maybe we are screwed.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:13 pm

I think there's a good chance you are.

meow

Postby meow » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:18 pm

I’m going to move in with you, G

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:22 pm

He doesn’t have room for all your sex dolls

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:23 pm

****, I set myself up for another mom joke

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:23 pm

I'll make room.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:26 pm

meow

Postby meow » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:28 pm

I can use G’s. We can share

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:31 pm

I'll make room.
Build the [Berlin] wall!

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:48 pm

I'm pretty sure he was referring to this. Obviously still a dumb thing to mention, especially in response to a question on $5 gas prices :lol:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal ... onal_order

It was obvious he was using the word in the small "L" sense but most voters are not nuanced enough to understand that.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:20 pm

How **** up in the head do you have to be to tell a *pregnant by rape* 10 year old this rape baby is an "opportunity"

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:50 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-gas- ... ging-bill/
The House vote was 217-207: no Republican supported the bill, suggesting it's likely headed for failure in the Senate.
Good. Price controls cause shortages. Do the Democrats want to increase the Biden / Carter comparisons even more by bringing back 1970s gas lines? Because price controls are how you would get gas lines.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:56 pm

I understand that most voters are morons that don't understand how things work. Perhaps I'm one as well, but beyond nationalizing the oil industry, what could actually be done in the legislature or white house to bring gas prices and/or grocery prices down? I genuinely have zero idea what tangible thing they could do except ride it out.
Stop spending so damn much money. Stop borrowing so damn much money. Tell the Fed to stop printing so damn much money.Tell the fed to stop printing money, period. In fact, tell the Fed to contract the money supply.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:56 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-gas- ... ging-bill/
The House vote was 217-207: no Republican supported the bill, suggesting it's likely headed for failure in the Senate.
Good. Price controls cause shortages. Do the Democrats want to increase the Biden / Carter comparisons even more by bringing back 1970s gas lines? Because price controls are how you would get gas lines.

Late 70's gas rations (could only buy every other day based on license plate) were in select states (PA, NJ, etc) and weren't on a federal level. I'm not sure about the ones when Nixon or Ford were president.

And I'd hardly call that system "gas rationing." More keeping some (today's toilet paper hoarders) from topping off their tank daily.