Politics And Current Events

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:41 pm

Again, Roe v Wade was an objectively bad decision... Trying to find a right to abortion in the 14th amendment is an exercise in thinking outside the box, as it were.

That said, it's been settled law for 50 years. I honestly liked Robert's interpretation/ruling the most. He recognized that the decision was flawed but also recognized that overturning it now would create a dangerous situation in more ways than one.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:42 pm

Most "pro life" (not you, Beveridge) aren't really pro life at all. They're in favor of the death penalty, whine about programs like food stamps and WIC, refused to cooperate with covid precautions, etc. They're not pro-life. They're anti-choice.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:48 pm

This is also going to disproportionately affect poor black people. Look at how bad the familial situation is across that demographic and just imagine that it's going to get much worse imo.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:50 pm

This is also going to disproportionately affect poor black people. Look at how bad the familial situation is across that demographic and just imagine that it's going to get much worse imo.
Poor whites all over the southern US too.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:52 pm

Yep. Middle and upper class millennials will just drive or fly to a blue state.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:59 pm

The GOP is the party of freedom except for everything that they disagree with

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:13 pm

Those attempted axioms are always silly...the left is liberal about everything except for the stuff they don't want you to do or say...that's probably the most obvious "both sides" of all time...

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:14 pm

Sorry just doing a little silly political goofin

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:24 pm

I have no idea who this woman is but I love her:

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:46 pm

I know I said it a week or so ago, but it bears repeating:

If we didn't live in the US and saw what has been happening within the last month+, we all (lib and conservative) would be talking about how much of a **** hole the US is.

The era of "American Exceptionalism" is over.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:59 pm

But hey, at least you can **** your sister with no repercussion.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:05 pm

This is a decision that affects me way less than those people. But the GOP poor people that voted/support for this and are going to have a much harder time because of it. Thoughts, prayers, and the child suffers longer.

Which is the shame in all of this. All these kids born, kicked to the curb.

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:10 pm

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:19 pm

I heard today that there are actually people out there who are against abortion even in the case of ectopic pregnancies. I guess I’m not convinced there are more than a few. If those few would like to stop by my house and tell my wife she should have died along with the baby we agonizingly lost who was never going to have any chance of being viable, let me know so I can start the popcorn.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:29 pm

I heard today that there are actually people out there who are against abortion even in the case of ectopic pregnancies. I guess I’m not convinced there are more than a few. If those few would like to stop by my house and tell my wife she should have died along with the baby we agonizingly lost who was never going to have any chance of being viable, let me know so I can start the popcorn.
I think people should be against elective abortions to their hearts content. But the alternative to legal abortions is infinitely worse for people.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:36 pm

Anyone want to try and convince me they don't go for gay marriage next?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:47 pm

Anyone want to try and convince me they don't go for gay marriage next?
What happens to those currently married? Annulment?

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:57 pm

But hey, at least you can **** your sister with no repercussion.
To be fair, she is the prettiest girl in 3 counties except for that one pig on the Henderson’s farm.

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:08 pm

Following the reversal of Roe v. Wade, DICK’s Sporting Goods announced they will be reimbursing employees in states who must travel to access abortions.

In a statement issued by Lauren Hobart, CEO, and Ed Stack Executive Chairmen, they announced they will offer up to $4,000 in travel expense reimbursement for employees to travel to the nearest location where that care is legally available. This will be offered to any teammate, spouse or dependent that is enrolled in the DICK’s Sporting Goods medical plan, along with one support person.

We recognize people feel passionately about this topic — and that there are teammates and athletse who will not agree with this decision. However, we also recognize that decision involving health and familes are deeply personal and made with thoughtful consideration. We are making this decision so our teammates can access the same health care options, regardless of where they live, and choose what is best for them.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:18 pm

Corporate wokeness run amok.
Last edited by faftorial on Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:19 pm

Something, something, God’s will.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:27 pm

If I knew anyone that was anti abortion in ectopic pregnancies (and other severe situations), I would tell them to **** right off. That includes anyone in my congregation.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:40 pm

Imo one of the bigger problems happening in this country is religion taking over political decisions and airtime.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:06 pm

Imo one of the bigger problems happening in this country is religion taking over political decisions and airtime.
I honestly would have guessed things would have been going in the opposite direction, where things are becoming more post-religious. I think there is a lot of that but damn if there don’t seem to be a lot of Mastriano types who want to see the USA become the Christian equivalent of Saudi Arabia. **** off with that ****.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:09 pm

While we’re passing the blame around for this, I’d like to include the Bernie bro psychos. PA, MI, WI in 2016 had a smaller margin of victory for trump than the number of people that voted Bernie in the primary and then trump in the general election.

I voted Bernie and then Hillary because I’m a grown up that realized at that point you swallow your ideological views and you vote the lesser of the two evils. We all knew at the time what trump was and is capable of doing. We’re seeing it play out well after he’s gone.