meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Politics And Current Events

Postby meow » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:01 am

Can we deport Musk?

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:03 am

So, you want him to be working remotely as president...?

meow

Postby meow » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:04 am

I want him to get on one of his rockets and then have it not come back to earth

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:32 am

And if they did that, they're dumb and deserve to be terminated.
More likely, some higher ups questioned some of the signees and harassed them into saying they were harassed.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:36 am

Harassed is a loaded word here.

Musk is a grade-A piece of **** and it's not like he has disguised this fact, so with the engineers or whoever that drafted this letter, I don't sympathize (plant corn).

I am simply reveling in the "wokeness uprising"

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:41 am

And if they did that, they're dumb and deserve to be terminated.
More likely, some higher ups questioned some of the signees and harassed them into saying they were harassed.
Terminate them, too.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:57 pm

I bet Elon isn’t even a Real American.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:02 pm

Interesting that Trump is sticking to the voter fraud thing... like, it's clearly not a thing. You've been working now for a year and a half to try to find the evidence and it doesn't exist.
They aren't looking for evidence, they don't need it. 70+% of GOP voters already do not believe Joe Biden legitimately won the 2020 election, and they've come to that conclusion in the absence of anything other than hair-on-fire bullshittery.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:30 pm

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:49 pm

... the cops shot a 4th grader, didn't they?

Can't really imagine why they'd want to fight this *that* hard.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:52 pm

I can. Even if they didn't shoot a kid, the video evidence has to be completely damning to every single officer in the department. This just makes them look even guiltier.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:59 pm

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/1 ... s-00040267

This does not bode well for the committee, if there's crimes, send it to the DOJ - otherwise it allows people to hammer the "just for show" mantra.
The Justice Department on Thursday revealed a deepening rift with the Jan. 6 House select committee, accusing the panel of a “failure” to share its 1,000 witness transcripts.

Department officials say those documents would aid the prosecution of people who breached the Capitol, including leaders of the Proud Boys.

“The Select Committee’s failure to grant the Department access to these transcripts complicates the Department’s ability to investigate and prosecute those who engaged in criminal conduct in relation to the January 6 attack on the Capitol,” the department wrote in a letter Wednesday, signed by Criminal Division chief Kenneth Polite Jr. and National Security Division head Matthew Olsen, as well as the U.S. attorney for D.C., Matthew Graves.

The Justice Department officials said it was “critical” that the panel provide prosecutors “copies of the transcripts of all its witness interviews.”

The letter was the latest reflection of escalating tensions between House investigators and Justice Department prosecutors in recent weeks. It marked the first time prosecutors directly and publicly accused the select committee of undermining efforts to impose criminal penalties on those responsible for the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:05 pm

Those poor cops, all that emotional stress. The stress and embarrassment that they face is definitely the worst thing that happened that day.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:10 pm

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/1 ... s-00040267

This does not bode well for the committee, if there's crimes, send it to the DOJ - otherwise it allows people to hammer the "just for show" mantra.
The Justice Department on Thursday revealed a deepening rift with the Jan. 6 House select committee, accusing the panel of a “failure” to share its 1,000 witness transcripts.

Department officials say those documents would aid the prosecution of people who breached the Capitol, including leaders of the Proud Boys.

“The Select Committee’s failure to grant the Department access to these transcripts complicates the Department’s ability to investigate and prosecute those who engaged in criminal conduct in relation to the January 6 attack on the Capitol,” the department wrote in a letter Wednesday, signed by Criminal Division chief Kenneth Polite Jr. and National Security Division head Matthew Olsen, as well as the U.S. attorney for D.C., Matthew Graves.

The Justice Department officials said it was “critical” that the panel provide prosecutors “copies of the transcripts of all its witness interviews.”

The letter was the latest reflection of escalating tensions between House investigators and Justice Department prosecutors in recent weeks. It marked the first time prosecutors directly and publicly accused the select committee of undermining efforts to impose criminal penalties on those responsible for the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.
Is there a rationale present for why these transcripts haven't been released?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:15 pm

Yeah if Trump wins the nomination, there's no way the GOP can win. I mean, legally win. I'm sure there will be another big lie and who knows how that will go this time around.
Let me introduce you to my little friend. *pushes Electoral College forward*

He absolutely can win legally.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:19 pm

Uh oh, Elon’s gotta squelch the wokeness at spacex
Full text of letter, fwiw
An open letter to the Executives of SpaceX,

In light of recent allegations against our CEO and his public disparagement of the situation, we would like to deliver feedback on how these events affect our company’s reputation, and through it, our mission. Employees across the spectra of gender, ethnicity, seniority, and technical roles have collaborated on this letter. We feel it is imperative to maintain honest and open dialogue with each other to effectively reach our company’s primary goals together: making SpaceX a great place to work for all, and making humans a multiplanetary species.

As SpaceX employees we are expected to challenge established processes, rapidly innovate to solve complex problems as a team, and use failures as learning opportunities. Commitment to these ideals is fundamental to our identity and is core to how we have redefined our industry. But for all our technical achievements, SpaceX fails to apply these principles to the promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion with equal priority across the company, resulting in a workplace culture that remains firmly rooted in the status quo.

Individuals and groups of employees at SpaceX have spent significant effort beyond their technical scope to make the company a more inclusive space via conference recruiting, open forums, feedback to leadership, outreach, and more. However, we feel an unequal burden to carry this effort as the company has not applied appropriate urgency and resources to the problem in a manner consistent with our approach to critical path technical projects. To be clear: recent events are not isolated incidents; they are emblematic of a wider culture that underserves many of the people who enable SpaceX’s extraordinary accomplishments. As industry leaders, we bear unique responsibility to address this.

Elon’s behavior in the public sphere is a frequent source of distraction and embarrassment for us, particularly in recent weeks. As our CEO and most prominent spokesperson, Elon is seen as the face of SpaceX—every Tweet that Elon sends is a de facto public statement by the company. It is critical to make clear to our teams and to our potential talent pool that his messaging does not reflect our work, our mission, or our values.

SpaceX’s current systems and culture do not live up to its stated values, as many employees continue to experience unequal enforcement of our oft-repeated “No dadhole” and “Zero Tolerance” policies. This must change. As a starting point, we are putting forth the following categories of action items, the specifics of which we would like to discuss in person with the executive team within a month:

Publicly address and condemn Elon’s harmful Twitter behavior. SpaceX must swiftly and explicitly separate itself from Elon’s personal brand.

Hold all leadership equally accountable to making SpaceX a great place to work for everyone. Apply a critical eye to issues that prevent employees from fully performing their jobs and meeting their potential, pursuing specific and enduring actions that are well resourced, transparent, and treated with the same rigor and urgency as establishing flight rationale after a hardware anomaly.

Define and uniformly respond to all forms of unacceptable behavior. Clearly define what exactly is intended by SpaceX’s “no-dadhole” and “zero tolerance” policies and enforce them consistently. SpaceX must establish safe avenues for reporting and uphold clear repercussions for all unacceptable behavior, whether from the CEO or an employee starting their first day.

We care deeply about SpaceX’s mission to make humanity multiplanetary. But more importantly, we care about each other. The collaboration we need to make life multiplanetary is incompatible with a culture that treats employees as consumable resources. Our unique position requires us to consider how our actions today will shape the experiences of individuals beyond our planet. Is the culture we are fostering now the one which we aim to bring to Mars and beyond?

We have made strides in that direction, but there is so much more to accomplish.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:29 pm

Perhaps they haven't verbally expressed how privileged they are to work with Musk recently.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:35 pm

Yeah if Trump wins the nomination, there's no way the GOP can win. I mean, legally win. I'm sure there will be another big lie and who knows how that will go this time around.
Let me introduce you to my little friend. *pushes Electoral College forward*

He absolutely can win legally.
Sure, he can. I don't think he will, though.

meow

Postby meow » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:43 pm

I bet those cops are in emotional distress. I’d be depressed to if I found out how huge of a **** ***** I was.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:38 pm

Uh oh, Elon’s gotta squelch the wokeness at spacex
Full text of letter, fwiw
An open letter to the Executives of SpaceX,

In light of recent allegations against our CEO and his public disparagement of the situation, we would like to deliver feedback on how these events affect our company’s reputation, and through it, our mission. Employees across the spectra of gender, ethnicity, seniority, and technical roles have collaborated on this letter. We feel it is imperative to maintain honest and open dialogue with each other to effectively reach our company’s primary goals together: making SpaceX a great place to work for all, and making humans a multiplanetary species.

As SpaceX employees we are expected to challenge established processes, rapidly innovate to solve complex problems as a team, and use failures as learning opportunities. Commitment to these ideals is fundamental to our identity and is core to how we have redefined our industry. But for all our technical achievements, SpaceX fails to apply these principles to the promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion with equal priority across the company, resulting in a workplace culture that remains firmly rooted in the status quo.

Individuals and groups of employees at SpaceX have spent significant effort beyond their technical scope to make the company a more inclusive space via conference recruiting, open forums, feedback to leadership, outreach, and more. However, we feel an unequal burden to carry this effort as the company has not applied appropriate urgency and resources to the problem in a manner consistent with our approach to critical path technical projects. To be clear: recent events are not isolated incidents; they are emblematic of a wider culture that underserves many of the people who enable SpaceX’s extraordinary accomplishments. As industry leaders, we bear unique responsibility to address this.

Elon’s behavior in the public sphere is a frequent source of distraction and embarrassment for us, particularly in recent weeks. As our CEO and most prominent spokesperson, Elon is seen as the face of SpaceX—every Tweet that Elon sends is a de facto public statement by the company. It is critical to make clear to our teams and to our potential talent pool that his messaging does not reflect our work, our mission, or our values.

SpaceX’s current systems and culture do not live up to its stated values, as many employees continue to experience unequal enforcement of our oft-repeated “No dadhole” and “Zero Tolerance” policies. This must change. As a starting point, we are putting forth the following categories of action items, the specifics of which we would like to discuss in person with the executive team within a month:

Publicly address and condemn Elon’s harmful Twitter behavior. SpaceX must swiftly and explicitly separate itself from Elon’s personal brand.

Hold all leadership equally accountable to making SpaceX a great place to work for everyone. Apply a critical eye to issues that prevent employees from fully performing their jobs and meeting their potential, pursuing specific and enduring actions that are well resourced, transparent, and treated with the same rigor and urgency as establishing flight rationale after a hardware anomaly.

Define and uniformly respond to all forms of unacceptable behavior. Clearly define what exactly is intended by SpaceX’s “no-dadhole” and “zero tolerance” policies and enforce them consistently. SpaceX must establish safe avenues for reporting and uphold clear repercussions for all unacceptable behavior, whether from the CEO or an employee starting their first day.

We care deeply about SpaceX’s mission to make humanity multiplanetary. But more importantly, we care about each other. The collaboration we need to make life multiplanetary is incompatible with a culture that treats employees as consumable resources. Our unique position requires us to consider how our actions today will shape the experiences of individuals beyond our planet. Is the culture we are fostering now the one which we aim to bring to Mars and beyond?

We have made strides in that direction, but there is so much more to accomplish.
Elon didn't fire them. He just "separated them from his brand." I would imagine that all of those former SpaceX employees are thrilled that they are no longer associated with Elon Musk.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:53 pm

You know what's really sad? I think a voted contingent of our board could do a better job running this nation. I think we respect each other more than they do.

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:15 pm

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:38 pm

File that under "burying the lede":

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:47 pm

Yeah that’s a really good headline… for me to poop on.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:50 am

Oh please, please tell me that we’re going to get a Triumph Storms the Capitol episode, please.