Politics And Current Events

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:06 am

My guess is he thinks he'll lose the non-crazies that he still has following him if he admits it was a fair election. And that probably sinks any future chances.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:06 am

My guess is he thinks he'll lose the non-crazies that he still has following him if he admits it was a fair election. And that probably sinks any future chances.
Exactly. So long as he still says it's an issue, his sheep will believe it.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:17 am

I think admitting he knows he lost is bad for his legal argument with the 1/6 stuff going on. He has to own it and play like he really believes it

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:20 am

I don't know why, but the "I don't want to be your friend anymore..." line cracks me up.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:21 am

Needs it as a pretense to steal the 2024 election.

With all the Trump cronies running for SOS and Governor in the key swing states who have made it clear they intend to rig elections running this cycle. And the Dems in line to face backlash due to all the bad vibes (failure of the media here, inflation sucks, but how many people have either found more gainful employment or gotten pay boosts in the last few years?)

The GOP base failed a ton in their primaries and allowed folks that identify as Trump apparatchiks to win their party nominations. The democrats have absolutely nothing to offer their base because of the senate, so they are stuck with trying to motivate people they can't help (hard left / left leaning disengaged voters (young/poor)) or convincing center-right folks that no, they do not in fact support reparations, making their kids change genders, getting rid of police...etc, etc.

And to reinforce that this is all vibes based, just saw a note that Fetterman is comfortably leading Oz, while Mastriano and Shapiro are in a dead heat. The latter is such a more important seat for a democrat to hold.

Shad, keep spreading the negative word about Mastriano.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:23 am

Exactly. So long as he still says it's an issue, his sheep will believe it.
And continue to fundraise for a legal defense fund and next campaign. Plus, all of the MAGA merch. Someone's making a killing on all of that.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:26 am

I don't think I've seen a single Oz sign yet. I've seen a small handful of Fetterman and Shapiro signs. The Mastriano signs are EVERYWHERE up this way. Dude's got something going with the local yokels.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:45 am

I mean, I kind of truly believe it's all moot. If Biden runs in 2024, it doesn't matter who's against him, that person is winning. I think Biden is a poison pill based on what's happening now. RIghtfully blamed or not, everyone is feeling the pressure.

I actually told my wife today it's time to start thinking about reeling some spending in here, I never have done that in the entirety of my life.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:55 am

I mean, I kind of truly believe it's all moot. If Biden runs in 2024, it doesn't matter who's against him, that person is winning. I think Biden is a poison pill based on what's happening now. RIghtfully blamed or not, everyone is feeling the pressure.

I actually told my wife today it's time to start thinking about reeling some spending in here, I never have done that in the entirety of my life.
We had that same conversation yesterday, and like you, probably for the first time in my life. As long as we keep our jobs, we'll be good to go, and even can handle probably 6 months if one of us lost our job, but we should cut back on multiple trips throughout the year, or going out and dropping $100 on video games or stuff like that.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:03 am

Yup, doesn't matter at this point who's in charge. I am one of the people who thinks that everyone should be doing more to get this under control and I don't feel like anyone political is taking it serious. *even though they may be, I'm not seeing nearly enough discussed about mitigation plans, etc.*

Certainly lowest common denominator stuff here - but whoever leads, takes the blame.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:14 am

Trump is probably the only one that Biden could beat.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:16 am

I still agree with this. I think Trump may be able to win the Republican nomination, but even though he got his hardcore base all riled up and have them under his wing, I think people like me, shad, and many others have absolutely no appetite to vote for him again. I'd rather vote for zombie Biden than Trump.

Now, hopefully it doesnt' come down to either of them.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:22 am

Yeah if Trump wins the nomination, there's no way the GOP can win. I mean, legally win. I'm sure there will be another big lie and who knows how that will go this time around.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:29 am

DeSantis is the more weaponized version of Trump, and I think he beats Trump for the nomination.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:35 am

No chance.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:38 am

I’d actually argue that desantis running and winning states in the primary would risk political violence

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:43 am

Conspiracy meter leads me to believe that we've been coming to this moment for awhile, and that's why I think it's likely.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:46 am

I don't think I've seen a single Oz sign yet. I've seen a small handful of Fetterman and Shapiro signs. The Mastriano signs are EVERYWHERE up this way. Dude's got something going with the local yokels.
Oz is a muslim. They might vote for him but I doubt Mastitrumpo fans will put his sign in their yard. Miscalculation by Trump on continued anti muslim sentiment among the yokels IMO. Think Fetterman would roll anyway.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:50 am

I still agree with this. I think Trump may be able to win the Republican nomination, but even though he got his hardcore base all riled up and have them under his wing, I think people like me, shad, and many others have absolutely no appetite to vote for him again. I'd rather vote for zombie Biden than Trump.

Now, hopefully it doesnt' come down to either of them.

I'm not at the wipe my ass with the constitution or whatever it was point some of you are but if it is Trump v Biden again I need to seriously consider it.

My prediction is Trump is nominated and Biden gets primaried, but I have absolutely no clue by whom. I'm in the registered R, no Trump bandwagon with NAN and Shaf but driving around Beaver County I feel like we're a small minority- the Trumpies are extremely vocal though so maybe I'm wrong.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:37 am

Uh oh, Elon’s gotta squelch the wokeness at spacex

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:41 am

I read that article, and it was never mentioned how many people were behind it. A dozen people? Nobody will care. 20%? Different story.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:44 am

I read that article, and it was never mentioned how many people were behind it. A dozen people? Nobody will care. 20%? Different story.
They fired at least 5 people in retaliation.
https://www.reuters.com/technology/spac ... reddit.com

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:50 am

Ouch. Is that even legal?

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:53 am

The reason given was that they harassed other people into signing the petition. This one could get juicy

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:59 am

And if they did that, they're dumb and deserve to be terminated.