dodint's Thread of Concerts and Public Events

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:06 pm

Source of the post 6) Seen Most: Slayer x6
The next closest is probably Lamb Of God with at least four shows. What's funny is that I never bought a ticket specifically to see one of their shows, but they always ended up as one of the openers. Saw them at Mayhemfest, saw them with Slayer in Youngstown, saw them open for Pantera this past summer, and I want to say they opened for somebody that I saw at Stage AE.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:25 pm

Lamb Of God was supposed to open for MetallicA when we saw them in 2008. But the religious group that owned The Forum at the time banned them from the venue, so we did not, in fact, see Lamb Of God open for MetallicA.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:30 pm

Lamb of God is a killer live band, (and on albums too). I saw them at Stage AE indoors once as a headliner (Anthrax opened). I also saw them way back when at a mayhem fest or ozzfest. They are one of those bands that IMO are much better in smaller venues.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:13 am

I may have been at that indoor AE show.

Edit: nope, I couldn't have been at that show. Never saw them as a headliner. I want to say the AE indoor show might have been Lamb of God, Anthrax, and the previously mentioned Slayer.
Last edited by iamjs on Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:56 pm

One Maiden off the board... Going to see Blind Guardian in Cleveland in May.

Kind of annoying because they are playing Hershey and then Cleveland with a day in between, and will likely be driving right past the Burgh. Oh well.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:03 pm

Completely shifting the theme here :lol: our family and my inlaws went to the Christmas show at Sight and Sound outside of Lancaster today. It's the first time I've been there in about 25 years.

The production/sets/performers were all incredible. I forgot how great that venue is.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:49 pm

My family loves Sight and Sound. I said I would go if they do Noah again.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:36 pm

My family loves Sight and Sound. I said I would go if they do Noah again.
That was the show I saw in the late 90s. I remember being utterly blown away. They really go all out.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:45 pm

My wife goes with my parents once or twice a year. I don't care enough to go to David but would do Noah.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:27 am

https://trustarts.org/production/90351/ ... -christmas

If anyone is bored at 2pm today I have 3 to 5 free tickets for this if you want to go. My Mom bought 10 non-refundable tickets and the flu knocked out 5 attendees.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:59 am

Bump

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:21 pm

Yup, still have 5.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:07 pm

Question for concert goers: what are your thoughts on sitting vs standing for a concert? I prefer standing up and dancing, especially if it's that kind of show and 90% of the crowd is doing the same, but have no issues sitting if it's a problem.

While attending a show recently with my family, my kids could not see over the people standing in front of us so we all stood and danced. The people behind us ***** and complained the entire time, but never once asked us to sit down, instead they were just rude and whined and yelled about how they couldn't see. My family sat down when the people in front of us did, but I remained standing out of spite because of how jerky they were. I even apologized at one point saying we can't see when they stand in front of us and I'm not taking that lump in cost for them. They continued to dodint, talk through the entire show and left early to beat the rush so it actually made me happy "ruining" their experience as it was brought in by themselves and probably just being miserable people.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:13 pm

I go into any concert expecting to stand for the actual show. If the crowd is sitting I'll join them but to be honest it takes some of the fun out of it. The people behind you should've just politely asked you to sit and then understood that you couldn't because the people in front of you were standing. Who goes to a concert expecting to sit down the whole time? If they can't stand, they should've bought handicap seating.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:28 pm

Yeah unless the concert is like Heinz Hall or Benedeum or something...I go in expecting to stand even if I'm in seats. I expect others would behave similarly. I also go to rock/metal shows...so no one ever really sits anyways.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:40 pm

Completely normal responses, good to hear

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:41 pm

Question for concert goers: what are your thoughts on sitting vs standing for a concert? I prefer standing up and dancing, especially if it's that kind of show and 90% of the crowd is doing the same, but have no issues sitting if it's a problem.

While attending a show recently with my family, my kids could not see over the people standing in front of us so we all stood and danced. The people behind us ***** and complained the entire time, but never once asked us to sit down, instead they were just rude and whined and yelled about how they couldn't see. My family sat down when the people in front of us did, but I remained standing out of spite because of how jerky they were. I even apologized at one point saying we can't see when they stand in front of us and I'm not taking that lump in cost for them. They continued to dodint, talk through the entire show and left early to beat the rush so it actually made me happy "ruining" their experience as it was brought in by themselves and probably just being miserable people.
Was it the Billy Strings show? Did you go again? How was it if you did?

Mine is very much a crowd around me deal. If the group is standing, I'm standing, if the group is sitting, I'm sitting. I go with the flow.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:46 pm

Mine is very much a crowd around me deal. If the group is standing, I'm standing, if the group is sitting, I'm sitting. I go with the flow.
It was. I looked back at one point and it looked like our section was the only section sitting, but in front of us, there were a good 15-20 people standing. I would have sat if someone asked nicely, instead they were jerks. People talking loudly through a concert is probably my biggest turn off for attending shows (especially when you pay for a family of 5 to attend).

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:56 pm

At smaller shows, it's always interesting to see how the musicians handle talkers. I've seen it done two different ways. Jonah Matranga said something like "if you're talking, that's totally cool, but could you please move to the back of the room so the people who are here to enjoy the show can do so?" Shockingly that actually worked. Christine Fellows, on the other hand, yelled "Are people actually **** talking? I didn't come all the way here to play for talking people." She then threatened to end her set early if people didn't stop talking. Shockingly, that didn't work and Mountain Goats came on a bit earlier than they planned.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:38 pm

It was. I looked back at one point and it looked like our section was the only section sitting, but in front of us, there were a good 15-20 people standing. I would have sat if someone asked nicely, instead they were jerks. People talking loudly through a concert is probably my biggest turn off for attending shows (especially when you pay for a family of 5 to attend).
For sure. How was the show though?

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:03 pm

We went to 2nd night in Pittsburgh, it was excellent. They are fully cranking and maybe not even in their prime yet. I was completely blown away by the talent on stage, somehow they keep getting better. Can't wait to see them again. I got tix to king Gizzard and the lizard wizard next summer in Cleveland, that is going to be exciting

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:09 pm

If the venue has seats, and we all paid for those seats on a per-seat basis, then sit your butts down. If you want to stand, go stand somewhere else.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:43 pm

I sat down for intermission and that really recharged me to stand for the next 1.5 hours to finish the 2nd set. Oh now you **** sit you dadholes was all I heard over and over at intermission. I made sure to stretch towards end of intermission so they knew what was coming. At the end of the day, how do people think being a jerk is how you approach an issue?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:49 pm

I had lawn seats for a concert this past summer... We brough a blanket and sat through the openers and stood for the main event. So did pretty much everyone else.

I think I'm going with a buddy to MSG for a concert in the spring. I dunno what that will look like, but I'll go with what everyone else does.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:51 pm

If the venue has seats, and we all paid for those seats on a per-seat basis, then sit your butts down. If you want to stand, go stand somewhere else.
Bad take. The entire pavilion at Starlake has seats so only the pit and lawn are allowed to stand? The Blink182 floor at PPG was seats, you really expect people to sit? The entire T Swift floor layout for the Eras tour was seats and those people paid a ton of money. I doubt any of them sat. It depends on the act and the crowd, not the venue.