dodint's Thread of Concerts and Public Events

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:13 am

Just bought the wife and I tickets for Ghost & Volbeat on Valentines Day at the Pete. I already am hyped for round two of Ghost.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:21 am

Trey Anastasio is at Stage AE next week. Haven't bought a ticket yet (was keeping an eye on weather), but it likely shouldn't be sold out so I feel like I'd have no trouble getting one beforehand.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:25 am

Trey Anastasio is at Stage AE next week. Haven't bought a ticket yet (was keeping an eye on weather), but it likely shouldn't be sold out so I feel like I'd have no trouble getting one beforehand.
I'm right here with you, let me know if you go, schedule at home isn't great for this, so I doubt I get there, but fingers crossed

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:45 pm

Just bought the wife and I tickets for Ghost & Volbeat on Valentines Day at the Pete. I already am hyped for round two of Ghost.
**** yes. I think it's like round 6 or 7 for me, but I am ALWAYS hyped for Ghost. They're literally like 1 of 2 modern day bands I give a crap about.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:56 pm

I’m still working on convincing my wife that Ghost is a good Valentine’s Day plan.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:57 pm

I am 99% sure my wife got me tickets to Genesis this fall, but not sure :lol:

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:23 pm

I just realized I missed a show at Mr. Smalls last night. Oops.

By the time I left work yesterday, I was such a zombie and couldn't keep my eyes open. Even after the postwork nap, I still wouldn't have had the energy to drive to Millvale for a show.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:25 pm

I’m still working on convincing my wife that Ghost is a good Valentine’s Day plan.
I'm a good wife - the man had no choice but to take me to Ghost for V-day.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:02 am

*Got us

Kane

Postby Kane » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:03 am

I'm a good wife - the man had no choice but to take me to Ghost for V-day.
Haha, twas also my wife that spotted the event and suggested it.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:32 am

I'm right here with you, let me know if you go, schedule at home isn't great for this, so I doubt I get there, but fingers crossed

I bought tickets Saturday night. Weather looks perfect for some Trey (even without the horns)

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:44 am

I bought tickets Saturday night. Weather looks perfect for some Trey (even without the horns)
Enjoy, looks like a great night, I have way too much going on to head down. Got a nice day in the burgh for great race yesterday so I'm set on my visits this week.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:26 am

anybody ever been to Crafthouse for a show? Agent Orange is playing there in two weeks and I kicked around seeing them. It doesn't look like a very big place, almost like it holds 300 people tops.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:04 pm

Enjoy, looks like a great night, I have way too much going on to head down. Got a nice day in the burgh for great race yesterday so I'm set on my visits this week.

Welp, horns were already out and now the drummer tested positive so it's Trey solo acoustic in Columbus tonight. No word on tomorrow's show.

On one hand, I was excited for TAB as a whole. On the other hand, when Trey came and played solo acoustic at the Benedum 2 or 3 years ago tickets were double what I paid for tomorrow. Here's hoping he has at least one more night in him.

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:45 pm

Welp, horns were already out and now the drummer tested positive so it's Trey solo acoustic in Columbus tonight. No word on tomorrow's show.

On one hand, I was excited for TAB as a whole. On the other hand, when Trey came and played solo acoustic at the Benedum 2 or 3 years ago tickets were double what I paid for tomorrow. Here's hoping he has at least one more night in him.
Fingers crossed for you, but I have a feeling tonight may be the last one for this tour

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:55 am

Oh I'm double pumped now

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:21 pm

Hopefully this Fishman fellow is good

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:36 pm

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:45 pm

lol

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:11 pm

Oh I'm double pumped now
That's awesome, have a good time!

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:21 pm

Negative Approach, 7 Seconds, and Circle Jerks are coming to Mr. Smalls March 29th. The Jerks haven't done a North American tour in 15 years and supposedly haven't been in Pittsburgh since 1983. Keith Morris has, but I think it was with either FLAG or OFF!
7 Seconds broke up in 2018 so hearing that they are touring was a surprise itself. That they were touring on the east coast is a bigger surprise since most of their recent tours didn't stray too far from CA. They haven't been in Pittsburgh since they played Graffiti in 1991.

https://www.ticketweb.com/event/circle- ... s/11397785

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:34 pm

*Got us
This is what my wife did at Christmas. She got 'me' tickets to see Hamilton (on 10/16).

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:20 am

Seriously considering going to this with my wife in Reading. Looks like a really fun night.

https://millercenter.racc.edu/max-weinb ... yca4-U8I78
Performing over 150 shows since April of 2017, Max Weinberg’s Jukebox continues to barnstorm the country, blasting out the hits! As Chuck Berry instructed us in his classic “School Days,”…drop the coin right into the slot” audiences have thoroughly embraced the idea of picking and calling out the songs the band pays—in real time and in a variety of intimate venues.

From Beatles to Bruce and Stones to Steppenwolf the band infuses these classics with the respect the songs deserve.

But don’t take our word for it. Here’s what Marc Steczyk, director of the Lincoln Amphitheater, in Indiana, had to say: “Max Weinberg’s Jukebox was one of the most interactive, energetic performances that we’ve ever had at the Lincoln Amphitheater! Max, literally, leaves the stage to be amongst the crowd—his fans—and lets them pick the set list from a scrolling list of 300+ songs…and they play it…on the spot…spot on! Max is a pro’s pro, as was his entire band—tremendously professional to work with and a great asset to our entire performance series!”

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:32 pm

Seriously considering going to this with my wife in Reading. Looks like a really fun night.

https://millercenter.racc.edu/max-weinb ... yca4-U8I78
Performing over 150 shows since April of 2017, Max Weinberg’s Jukebox continues to barnstorm the country, blasting out the hits! As Chuck Berry instructed us in his classic “School Days,”…drop the coin right into the slot” audiences have thoroughly embraced the idea of picking and calling out the songs the band pays—in real time and in a variety of intimate venues.

From Beatles to Bruce and Stones to Steppenwolf the band infuses these classics with the respect the songs deserve.

But don’t take our word for it. Here’s what Marc Steczyk, director of the Lincoln Amphitheater, in Indiana, had to say: “Max Weinberg’s Jukebox was one of the most interactive, energetic performances that we’ve ever had at the Lincoln Amphitheater! Max, literally, leaves the stage to be amongst the crowd—his fans—and lets them pick the set list from a scrolling list of 300+ songs…and they play it…on the spot…spot on! Max is a pro’s pro, as was his entire band—tremendously professional to work with and a great asset to our entire performance series!”
A lot of that stuff isn't what I'd typically listen to, but that sounds like a fun time.

By the looks of things, they left Misfits' Earth AD off the list. :lol:
https://www.setlist.fm/stats/max-weinbe ... r=43d0bfe3

Kane

Postby Kane » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:33 pm

It's Ghost night dodints.