dodint's Thread of Concerts and Public Events

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:54 pm

I had lawn seats for a concert this past summer... We brough a blanket and sat through the openers and stood for the main event. So did pretty much everyone else.

I think I'm going with a buddy to MSG for a concert in the spring. I dunno what that will look like, but I'll go with what everyone else does.
Seen a few shows at MSG, you are in for a treat! I guess what I was getting at is how do you handle a situation where everyone is standing, but shyster is behind you dodinting about you standing. At the end of the day, I think I worry about other people too much, but it was the first time in 200+ concerts that I've been in that situation

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:55 pm

And to noceras point, the floor was covered with seats, I didn't see anyone sitting.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:01 pm

I had lawn seats for a concert this past summer... We brough a blanket and sat through the openers and stood for the main event. So did pretty much everyone else.

I think I'm going with a buddy to MSG for a concert in the spring. I dunno what that will look like, but I'll go with what everyone else does.
Seen a few shows at MSG, you are in for a treat! I guess what I was getting at is how do you handle a situation where everyone is standing, but shyster is behind you dodinting about you standing. At the end of the day, I think I worry about other people too much, but it was the first time in 200+ concerts that I've been in that situation
Ignore them. dodints get stitches.

At the outdoor show, I knew I would want to stand for parts, so I put my blanket right in front of a tree. I'm a tall dude, and I too worry too much about what other people think, so it was perfect. I could stand and no one would be dodinting about me blocking them.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:03 pm

It seems like more and more venues are doing away with general admission and putting seats on the floor. Obviously helps with crowd control and hopefully prevents something like Astroworld or Roskilde from happening.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:06 pm

Bad take. The entire pavilion at Starlake has seats so only the pit and lawn are allowed to stand? The Blink182 floor at PPG was seats, you really expect people to sit? The entire T Swift floor layout for the Eras tour was seats and those people paid a ton of money. I doubt any of them sat. It depends on the act and the crowd, not the venue.
Yes, I expect all of them to sit. That's why we pay for a seat and not like a square yard of floor space. Sit your butts down.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:09 pm

If you'd like to sit and be completely unobstructed, buy front row. Or you could sit and not see anything. You still have the option to sit.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:20 pm

That's what I was getting at, nobody is saying you can't sit, but when 10,000 people in front of you are standing, you can't really be mad at the one person in front of you for standing as well.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:21 pm

And you all have the option to not be a bunch of rude jagoffs and sit your butts down.

I'm glad that I mostly attend concerts where this isn't an issue. Like when I saw George Thorogood a couple months ago, the vast majority of the crowd was my age or older. No way we're standing up for a whole show.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:27 pm

And you all have the option to not be a bunch of rude jagoffs and sit your butts down.

I'm glad that I mostly attend concerts where this isn't an issue. Like when I saw George Thorogood a couple months ago, the vast majority of the crowd was my age or older. No way we're standing up for a whole show.
Haha, man you are bad to the bone.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:29 pm

The concerts/shows that I've attended where there was fixed seating people sat in their seats. That's not to say that people didn't stand at certain points but in general people sat down from Black Sabbath to Motley Crew to the Residents to Zappa to Tom Waits to King Crimson.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:30 pm

And you can't blame people standing because the people in front of them are standing. Find the row where the standing started and yell at them.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:42 pm

I'm seeing Tyler Childers in June at the pavilion. I am in the covered seating area. I will probably stand.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:01 pm

Anyone ever hear of the band Geese?

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:08 pm

Anyone ever hear of the band Geese?
Is this because shyster is being a silly goose?

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:21 pm

Ha, no I just saw they were opening for a concert next year I was going to and never heard of them.

On a side note, has anyone ever seen fallout boy live?

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:23 pm

Yes. This summer I did. That was the outdoor event I went to and what I’m planning to see at MSG.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:27 pm

That was indeed one of the songs he played.

George Thorogood knows his audience. He opened the show by saying that they would not be playing anything even remotely new.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:41 pm

That was indeed one of the songs he played.

George Thorogood knows his audience. He opened the show by saying that they would not be playing anything even remotely new.
Ha, I saw him a long time ago in concert, George struck me as the guy who has the same setlist for every show

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:42 pm

Yes. This summer I did. That was the outdoor event I went to and what I’m planning to see at MSG.
Good show? My daughter wants to see them and I'll probably be the dad who attends with them if we can still get tix

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:46 pm

It was a really nice show. Royal and the serpent was one of the openers and then bring me the horizon, who were incredible.

The show was a great mix of old and new from FOB. Part of the tour was a unique rarely played song at each show. We got 27, which is one of my favorites from them so that was cool.

Jimmy Eat World is playing with them for this leg of the tour so that’s even better.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:58 pm

I get them and Goose confused, so I assume they're mediocre

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:36 pm

Stones tix procured!

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:43 pm

go to the opera if you want everyone to sit for the whole show