Joegap

dodint's Thread of Concerts and Public Events

Postby Joegap » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:31 am

Ticketmaster is such a freaking joke

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:34 am

You've been waiting 90 minutes? Online?
Yes, and this is just the limited super fan verified presale. At 2 they open it up to Capital One cardholders. They better figure it out quick.
They won’t.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:34 am

Is this at PPG?

We're kind of done with that venue I think. Each time I've been there the sound is just flat and washed out. We're going to catch Trans Siberian Orchestra there in December, and sit somewhere else to see if it's just where we've been sitting, but I'm not hopeful.
Where are you sitting? We're in the upper bowl again and I've always thought it sounded good up there. But I'm easy to please with TSO.
We usually sit in the upper bowl, to the right of the stage. For TSO we're sitting in the lower bowl, but higher up. My wife bought the tickets so I don't know exactly where.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:48 am

LMAO the Swifties are seriously going to invade Ticketmaster HQ. They broke TM and I think they might break Twitter dodinting about it.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:51 am

TicketMaster deserves the hate. They're takers. Charging exorbitant fees to do one job and they can't even do that.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:54 am

Pearl Jam was right. Back in 1995 or whenever they testified in Congress.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:56 am

It's kind of remarkable that nobody has managed to break into Ticketmaster's space. I'm hard pressed to think of tickets I've bought to a major venue recently that hasn't gone through them.

Their platform is always breaking down and it doesn't get improved because who the hell else you gonna get to sell tickets to your concert, Taylor?

The best part is they knew exactly how many codes they issued but they didn't expect how many people were going to try to get tickets?
Last edited by RonnieFranchise on Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:59 am

It finally let me select seats, clicked purchase, it errored and sent me back to the beginning of the queue. Neat.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:05 pm

It's kind of remarkable that nobody has managed to break into Ticketmaster's space. I'm hard pressed to think of tickets I've bought to a major venue recently that hasn't gone through them.

Their platform is always breaking down and it doesn't get improved because who the hell else you gonna get to sell tickets to your concert, Taylor?

The best part is they knew exactly how many codes they issued but they didn't expect how many people were going to try to get tickets?

Almost positive it's because Ticketmaster has deals with all promoters (LiveNation, etc) to run initial ticket sales through them. Other places like Stubhub only exist for re-sale tickets.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:35 pm

I wonder whose bright idea it was to have every single show go on sale on the same day at the same time (for each time zone)?
We should get Musk to buy Ticketmaster

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:40 pm

Is this at PPG?

We're kind of done with that venue I think. Each time I've been there the sound is just flat and washed out. We're going to catch Trans Siberian Orchestra there in December, and sit somewhere else to see if it's just where we've been sitting, but I'm not hopeful.
Where are you sitting? We're in the upper bowl again and I've always thought it sounded good up there. But I'm easy to please with TSO.
We usually sit in the upper bowl, to the right of the stage. For TSO we're sitting in the lower bowl, but higher up. My wife bought the tickets so I don't know exactly where.
We saw TSO a few years ago a PPG, we were in the lower bowl but towards the top of the section and sound was not bad at all. Agree that it is hit or miss though at PPG for concerts sometimes.

Kane

Postby Kane » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:53 pm

...(LiveNation, etc)... for re-sale tickets.
They merged a long time ago. It's why they have a monopoly.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:25 pm

We are stuck at the Pizza Tracker halfway. Mrs. F wanted to refresh- I told her that's a very bad idea. It's probably stuck because the Central Time shows went up.
Were you able to get through? I finally got through after my second wait in the queue. Most of the good seats were eaten up by then so we're up in the nose bleeds.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:38 pm

My sister won some lottery and that's how she bought tickets today.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:40 pm

We got 3 mid upper deck north end zone, took a little more than 4 hours.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:17 pm

Finally got in and got an error, this whole thing is a joke.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:22 pm

Almost positive it's because Ticketmaster has deals with all promoters (LiveNation, etc) to run initial ticket sales through them. Other places like Stubhub only exist for re-sale tickets.
Venues, too. And as the market 'evolves' venues (at the behest of TM/LiveNation) move away from physical tix to digital only. And then TM/LN can control the secondary market by only accepting transfers to secondary buyers that go through the TM/LN portal...... where that secondary buyer is also charged a 'convenience fee', creating a nice double dip situation where the same ticket is charged fees twice.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:27 pm

I had no idea TS was so popular with 5AF posters.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:28 pm

We got 3 mid upper deck north end zone, took a little more than 4 hours.
We're in the 500s parallel with the stage, which I'm assuming isn't going to be a super great view but my options were limited. Plus every time I selected a group of seats and tried to check out, somebody else swooped in and they were no longer available. I guess I should be happy to get anything considering what a cluster **** this was.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:30 pm

We have wives and daughters. I wouldn't go on my own, but they didn't have to twist my arm.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:30 pm

My wife really wants to go but let's not act like Folklore isn't great.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:36 pm

I'm blissfully unaware of any of her music.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:38 pm

I'm blissfully unaware of any of her music.
She has good stuff and unlike some of popular acts, she has a lot of musical talent when you strip away the dancers and ballyhoo. Check out her Tiny Desk if you're curious.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:57 pm

I am a firm believer in the 'kitchen table test'..... play the song like you're sitting at the kitchen table with just your voice and an acoustic guitar (or vox+piano, depending on your kitchen); if it sounds good there, it's a good song. While 99% of TS's music isn't my cup of tea, nearly everything of hers I've ever heard would pass the kitchen table test. She's a good songwriter...... it's all the non-kitchen tabley stuff that I don't care for.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:06 pm

As mentioned my sister won a lottery to get her chance to buy. She had to do it by phone. She was around 2000th in line when she called in and it took all day to work through the queue. She almost had to leave work but finally got through.