dodint's Thread of Concerts and Public Events

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:06 am

My wife saw him one other time... and I guess last time he didn't play We didn't start the fire, so she was pumped he played it last night. She also said the set list was just about perfect as well.

It should be an interesting to compare the crowd dynamic from last night to Metallica on Sunday haha.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:17 am

I'm okay with him not playing that, to be honest.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:46 am

Yeah, I really admire him not making pop music any longer. If he's not feeling it, good for him. Still glad he's out touring and performing. Was this a farewell thing?

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:17 am

Yeah, I really admire him not making pop music any longer. If he's not feeling it, good for him. Still glad he's out touring and performing. Was this a farewell thing?
Nothing was advertised as a farewell tour or anything that I could tell. Lots of 50 year merchandise, and specially themed Pittsburgh merchandise.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:15 am

There are people in line already at Metallica at 630am to try to get rail positioning on the field

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:18 am

I’ve been on the rail before, do not recommend.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:22 am

I’ve been on the rail before, do not recommend.
Yeah not my thing but I respect being that diehard to line up 12 hours before the show.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:01 am

Metallica is still the best live band on the planet and it ain't close. Holy **** what a night.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:29 am

Saw Taking Back Sunday in Vegas. Adam’s voice is shot. The band is still great but Adam misses words or whole versus and can’t hold a note anymore. It should have been a blast of nostalgia happiness, instead it was actually a bit sad.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:30 am

Metallica is still the best live band on the planet and it ain't close. Holy **** what a night.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:36 am

When my wife and I saw them in Philly like five years ago, they had a crazy drone display and everything else. It fcking rocked.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:44 am

I have only ever seen Metallica live from the front row, about half a dozen times. /csb

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:54 am

This stadium setup was insane. They were super tight. I was about 25 feet from the stage.

I'll try to post some pics later. I've been pretty much up all night from the adrenaline so I'm sure I'll crash at some point today lol.

My entire body hurts but especially my neck.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:09 am

I feel like I'm about back to normal today. Sucks getting old. Here are some pics from the show (in spoilers for size). One of the best ones below is a dude in a wheelchair who got hoisted up during Sandman and was living his best life.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:28 am

I am irrationally peeved by the number of phones being held up in those pics skull. I'm not opposed to people snapping a couple here and there like you did, but guarantee at least a portion of those holding up their phones are trying to record the entire concert. Talk about a waste of money.

I will pay $200 for a ticket, but don't want to experience this through my own eyes and ears. Would rather watch this in the future through a tiny 4" x 2" screen with suboptimal sound and video quality.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:40 am

I am irrationally peeved by the number of phones being held up in those pics skull. I'm not opposed to people snapping a couple here and there like you did, but guarantee at least a portion of those holding up their phones are trying to record the entire concert. Talk about a waste of money.

I will pay $200 for a ticket, but don't want to experience this through my own eyes and ears. Would rather watch this in the future through a tiny 4" x 2" screen with suboptimal sound and video quality.
Yeah it's def a thing. I tried to just take a few pics here and there, but especially at the beginning and on the popular songs the amount of phones being held up for minutes at a time is a bit much. It's annoying, but it's just accepted practice now I guess? There is no reason to record a whole song, or several whole songs etc.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:41 am

Unfortunately that's the reality of live music nowadays. I was actually going to comment that it was refreshing to not see a bunch of phones in the air since it's mostly older folks at that show (no offense, skull). I'd imagine if you had similar pics from an artist with a younger fanbase you'd see a lot more phones.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:48 am

Unfortunately that's the reality of live music nowadays. I was actually going to comment that it was refreshing to not see a bunch of phones in the air since it's mostly older folks at that show (no offense, skull). I'd imagine if you had similar pics from an artist with a younger fanbase you'd see a lot more phones.
Hey..aren't we almost the same age? haha.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:50 am

Granted it has been ages since my last one, but I have never brought a cell phone to a concert before.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:53 am

Probably and I feel old as hell at shows. I just assumed that Metallica's fanbase aged with them for the most part so the average fan is likely mid-late 30s? Wasn't a dig at you.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:53 am

I get it, it's what today is anymore. My wife is guilty of this quite a bit too. We go on vacation and she wants to spend so much time capturing the moment with her phone and posting it to insta but I just want to enjoy the moment. Every once in a while there is a really cute moment with the kids or something cool to photo, but I'll come back with like 5 pictures from vacation and my wife will have 100.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:54 am

I'm guilty of that on vacation, though I get my pictures over with quickly so that I can put the camera down.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:56 am

As a video guy, I have to remind myself to put the camera away on vacation as much as possible. I've taken to creating short vacation videos of each trip and it's easy for me to get carried away. I do have a few rules though: nobody ever wants to re-watch videos of entire fireworks displays or concerts. Get the shot and then put it away and enjoy.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:58 am

Probably and I feel old as hell at shows. I just assumed that Metallica's fanbase aged with them for the most part so the average fan is likely mid-late 30s? Wasn't a dig at you.
I know it wasn't a dig, but I was like If I'm old...so is he lol.

The crowd def trended older, but Ice Nine Kills brought out some younger people I guess, and there was def a segment where their were younger kids their with their parents who grew up on Metallica (which would be me if I had kids). I'd say late 30's - to mid 40's was the largest segment of the crowd.

Since it was one of only two actual shows this year it also brought people from all over. They sold travel packages so people flew in from other states, lots of people drove in. I talked to people from Ohio, New York, Texas, Michigan, California etc.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:01 am

Source of the post I know it wasn't a dig, but I was like If I'm old...so is he lol.
I slept weird a week ago and my neck still hurts. I'm old af. I guess I meant if you took a photo from that same angle at a Dua Lipa show, you'd see way more phones.