2017 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Why is ben still talking about it.dramaben.exe

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:09 pm

Was that snippet from his radio show yesterday?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:54 pm

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Maybe Ben shouldn't call folks out in the media and save that **** for the locker room. Or was Brown too busy streaming on Facebook?

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:01 pm

Maybe Ben shouldn't call folks out in the media and save that **** for the locker room. Or was Brown too busy streaming on Facebook?
i dont know what goes on in the locker room but i assume this approach was already tried and not successful. you dont go to the nuclear route immediately

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:18 pm

i dont know what goes on in the locker room but i assume this approach was already tried and not successful. you dont go to the nuclear route immediately
This is my thought on the subject. Tomlin could grow some balls too and either squash all the media questions, or stop doing lip service and sit him down a series.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:23 pm

Trying to deal with him in the locker room has obviously (and logically) been attempted before. The collective shenanigans of AB, Bell, and Bryant has seemingly eroded Ben's desire to continue his career beyond the most immediate future. He's in his last attempt to win a third Super Bowl and is in full "**** it" mode when it comes to dealing with irresponsible and/or self-absorbed teammates. I don't care what Ben says in the media about Brown because unless he says he's "literally Hitler" he's not wrong. Dude is an incredible receiver and also a massive piece of ****, an issue which is further exacerbated by BFF Tomlin's refusal to discipline star players. His Facebook Live punishment should have extended beyond a fine that is the equivalent of $50 to a normal person and his ass should have been plastered to the bench after launching the water cooler onto the field Sunday.

Kicksave

Postby Kicksave » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:26 pm

Ryan Clark on Brown...
“I 100-percent agree with him (regarding what Roethlisberger said about AB),” Clark said. “Antonio has done an extremely good job of tricking people, right? He has that smile and when he talks he seems extremely team and oh, this is a great team guy and he always shows up to play. He didn’t holdout last year to get his money. So he’s done a very good spin-job of having us think, or making people think who dont know him, that it’s like all about the Pittsburgh Steelers. I’m just a hard worker who’s here to win football games.”

“Nah, Antonio Brown loves Antonio Brown,” Clark said. “And Antonio Brown was upset, God forbid, that a guy that has over 10 targets in the first three games of the season is missed one time. Just know that he behaved in a way… if Odell Beckham Jr. does this, it’s on every station, right? It’s on every single show. And for me, I think it’s actually different than any of Odell’s outbursts. Everything Odell did, to me, was an implosion. He was just going nuts because he couldn’t figure out any other way to better express himself. He wasn’t going at coaches, he wasn’t arguing about not getting the ball, he wanted to win games and he wanted to be a part of winning games.

“This [Antonio’s situation] is, you miss me one time on a play I could of scored a touchdown that would have helped me. Not would have helped the team, it would have helped me. God forbid you check the ball down to Le’Veon Bell, Oh my goodness, that’s the worst thing in the world. Lev might get the ball, I can’t take it, I’m going to pass out. So you can’t behave that way because the quarterback came off his read a little early and you were wide-open. This is who he is. I said that is who he was last year when it came to the phone thing. I don’t dislike him, I have no issue with him.”

“If you listen to people talk about him, if you listen to the media, a lot of time the fans, they have an adoration for him that is not necessarily a depiction of who he is,” Clark said. “He’s like most receivers, he’s selfish. And you can see from last year in the locker room he’s also self-centered. And I can actually say I don’t think it’s malicious and mean-spirited though. I think that’s just who he is. If you listen to his story, this is a kid that would pay 20 dollars to sleep in a hotel because he had nowhere to live. And so, I think all he’s ever known is Tone has to get it, Tone has to get it and when something like this happens that affects him, he didn’t care that he didn’t score a touchdown for the team, it affected him, he had an issue with."

Clark was then asked how he thinks Brown’s recent antics are going over in the Steelers locker room right now.

“Nobody cares,” Clark said. “100 percent.”

Clark was asked if Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin is just used to Brown’s ways now.

“Just used it and the difference between the feeling for Antonio outside the locker room and inside is they actually know who he is,” Clark replied. “So for other people, because he’s never had this happen on the sideline before, this is like oh my goodness, like I cant believe it: Antonio Brown behaved this way?”

Kicksave

Postby Kicksave » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:27 pm

I'm not a fan of Ryan Clark either but I'm all for shitting on AB.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:42 pm

Thank god hockey is back tonight.

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:48 pm

Thank god hockey is back tonight.
Me after the puck drops to release my excess anxiety....

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Players and coaches with a fair bit of cache and power don't go public about player performance or off-field issues unless they are trying to change perceptions. I 100% buy Clark's interpretation of events; AB was not upset because they missed a TD, he was upset that he missed a TD.

Altho I do find it funny that I was chastised last year for suggesting Tomlin sit Brown after like his fourth Unsportsmanlike Conduct foul of the year for his dopey TD celebrations. But now, now it's perfectly appropriate. Maybe if he had been sat out a series or two last year, things wouldn't have gotten to this level of stupid.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Trying to deal with him in the locker room has obviously (and logically) been attempted before. The collective shenanigans of AB, Bell, and Bryant has seemingly eroded Ben's desire to continue his career beyond the most immediate future. He's in his last attempt to win a third Super Bowl and is in full "**** it" mode when it comes to dealing with irresponsible and/or self-absorbed teammates. I don't care what Ben says in the media about Brown because unless he says he's "literally Hitler" he's not wrong. Dude is an incredible receiver and also a massive piece of ****, an issue which is further exacerbated by BFF Tomlin's refusal to discipline star players. His Facebook Live punishment should have extended beyond a fine that is the equivalent of $50 to a normal person and his ass should have been plastered to the bench after launching the water cooler onto the field Sunday.
Kenny the kangaroo has been towing this line for a while now. At this point in his career, all ben wants to do is win a goddam championship and he genuinely has a good enough team to do it. The problem is that this team has a long list of asshats that don't care about ben's legacy.

Of course, ben is a disingenuous jagoff, too. So lets not act like he doesn't fit in on this team.

Also, Ryan Clark's analysis was pretty good. And that is saying a lot because Ryan Clark is a moron.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 pm

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1710040130

What a weird three days this has been.

More drama on this team than some of the shows on TV.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Needless to say, the offense is not handling the SB expectations very well.

The defense has played well, but should get a pretty bold asterisk because of the offenses they've faced through 4 games.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:50 pm

the bears loss is going to be a real kick in the dick at the end of the season and will cost them home field

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:30 pm

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:30 pm

AB being a pre madonna
:pop:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:10 pm

AB being a pre madonna
I'm guessing this was ironically done...I think? Which poster was it that used the spelling "pre madonna" before and was befuddled when they were called out?

LITT

Postby LITT » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:19 am

AB being a pre madonna
I'm guessing this was ironically done...I think? Which poster was it that used the spelling "pre madonna" before and was befuddled when they were called out?
:thumb:

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:33 pm

I didn't say nothing...just sitting there eating my popcorn.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:15 am

Nice article on Shazier and his pass defensing abilities. As crappy as the offense has been, the defense looks strong so far, especially the secondary. Mike Glennon notwithstanding. Shazier seems like a cerebral player, happy he's turning out.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-ste ... s-coverage
But Shazier has proven his play improves as he stays healthy, which he's been since the second half of last season. His preseason interception against the Colts was one of five in a six-game stretch dating back to last year. On Sunday in Baltimore, Shazier was constantly in Joe Flacco's vision for four pass deflections and a fourth-quarter interception.

How did he get here? Shazier said viewing the game through the prism of pass coverage revealed new dimensions.

"I started asking DBs questions about things," Shazier said. "We just talk about the route concepts, getting a better idea what the team likes to do in the passing game instead of knowing what they are doing in the running game. It gave me a bigger perspective of what certain formations they might run, allows me to be in better position."

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:56 pm

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:04 pm

AB being a pre madonna
So, like Debbie Harry? Maybe Stevie Nicks?