2017 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:31 am

I just heard an ad for Don's Appliance here in the burgh. They are doing some promo/wager if the Steelers shut out the Browns; appliance purchases made on some day this week will be free. :lol:

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:20 am

Myles Garrett is officially out for Sunday vs the Steelers.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:22 am

Guess he won't be taking Ben out any time soon.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:16 pm

Guess he won't be taking Ben out any time soon.
Sounds like they expect him to be out at least 4 weeks now.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:17 am

Trading marginal players for draft picks = going all in?

swaggyPconfused.jpeg
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1709080172

#vindicated

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:19 am

I forgot all about McDonald. And I didn't realize Wilcox was really anything. But good

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:12 pm

Nice

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:32 pm

I'll never understand the broadcasting rules with regards to the NFL. It's opening weekend, and not only do I not get the Steelers game, but CBS will be airing 4 hours of infomercials during that time slot. Just show us the **** game, jagoffs.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:05 pm

I'll never understand the broadcasting rules with regards to the NFL. It's opening weekend, and not only do I not get the Steelers game, but CBS will be airing 4 hours of infomercials during that time slot. Just show us the **** game, jagoffs.
Lancaster gets Ravens and Bungles. :thumbdown:

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:48 pm

And I get the Steelers game here in SC...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Tuitt is apparently week-to-week, and Tomlin won't rule him out for this Sunday.

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Ex-Steeler Rashard Mendenhall Talks Dream Job Writing for HBO's 'Ballers'

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2734 ... =editorial

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:57 pm

TJ Watt out for the Bears game. This is the other side of the Watt coin.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Silverback has to get some snaps, then.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:56 pm

He did indeed get "some".

Looks like Big Al is the owner of the highest selling NFL jersey over the past 24 hours. Sold out in several locations. Trying to keep this as football (and not politics) related as possible... everyone deservingly has the utmost respect for him and his service to this country, but it looks like Shannon Sharpe and the ole Super Genius are the only two brave enough to speak the truth at this point. The players got together as a team and decided to silence their individual opinions and remain united as a football team and then Villanueva said **** you guys my right to free speech is more important than yours, and in the process made his teammates, his coaches, and the entire franchise look like absolute ****. Can't imagine he has a lot of friends in that locker room right now.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:02 pm

Source of the post He did indeed get "some".
Were those snaps actually in the game? Unless it happened during one of my frantic attempts to find a new stream, I didn't see him in there for a single snap.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Looks like Big Al is the owner of the highest selling NFL jersey over the past 24 hours. Sold out in several locations. Trying to keep this as football (and not politics) related as possible... everyone deservingly has the utmost respect for him and his service to this country, but it looks like Shannon Sharpe and the ole Super Genius are the only two brave enough to speak the truth at this point. The players got together as a team and decided to silence their individual opinions and remain united as a football team and then Villanueva said **** you guys my right to free speech is more important than yours, and in the process made his teammates, his coaches, and the entire franchise look like absolute ****. Can't imagine he has a lot of friends in that locker room right now.

Like anyone is going to **** with a 6ft9 320lbs army ranger.

And how do we know if he didn't say **** you to them during the meeting?

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Were those snaps actually in the game? Unless it happened during one of my frantic attempts to find a new stream, I didn't see him in there for a single snap.
Three snaps. 5% of defensive plays. He's probably exhausted from the increased workload.

If he said "**** you" to them during the meeting his teammates and coaches wouldn't have been so surprised that it wasn't 100% participation as they had planned. And really who gives a **** how big he is. It's a football locker room. There's a lot of very large human beings in there, including some who can actually block for their quarterback.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Source of the post There's a lot of very large human beings in there, including some who can actually block for their quarterback.
rekt :lol:

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:27 pm

This is the kind of stuff that can divide a locker room and is pretty much a distraction now. Tons of national media coverage. We'll see. I've read more about the pre-game stuff than about their awful on-field performance. One of the players interviewed said the anthem stuff and the team meeting Saturday night was a factor in their loss?

Based on their body of work as of now, I'm not liking how this season is looking. Its still early and I want them to win the Super Bowl but not looking too great at the moment.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:38 pm

Three snaps. 5% of defensive plays. He's probably exhausted from the increased workload.

If he said "**** you" to them during the meeting his teammates and coaches wouldn't have been so surprised that it wasn't 100% participation as they had planned. And really who gives a **** how big he is. It's a football locker room. There's a lot of very large human beings in there, including some who can actually block for their quarterback.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/2 ... nthem.html
Offensive tackle Chris Hubbard told Penn Live that the players, by a slim majority, voted in favor of staying off the field instead of standing on the sideline holding hands.

"We thought we were all in attention with the same agreement, obviously," linebacker James Harrison told the website. "But, I guess we weren't."

Hubbard, however, said everyone in the locker room accepted that Villanueva would be exempt from the team's decision.

"Al was cool with it, with whatever we went through. He was on board. That's Al, man," Hubbard said. "He's a good guy."
So maybe they knew he would do it.... :pop:

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:32 pm

From Big Ben:
I was unable to sleep last night and want to share my thoughts and feelings on our team’s decision to remain in the tunnel for the National Anthem yesterday. The idea was to be unified as a team when so much attention is paid to things dividing our country, but I wish we approached it differently. We did not want to appear divided on the sideline with some standing and some kneeling or sitting.

As a team, it was not a protest of the flag or the Anthem. I personally don’t believe the Anthem is ever the time to make any type of protest. For me, and many others on my team and around the league, it is a tribute to those who commit to serve and protect our country, current and past, especially the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice.

I appreciate the unique diversity in my team and throughout the league and completely support the call for social change and the pursuit of true equality. Moving forward, I hope standing for the Anthem shows solidarity as a nation, that we stand united in respect for the people on the front lines protecting our freedom and keeping us safe. God bless those men and women.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:39 pm

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2081 ... nueva-move
Alejandro Villanueva's emergence from the Soldier Field tunnel during Sunday's national anthem surprised many members of the Pittsburgh Steelers, a source told ESPN.

Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who served terms in Afghanistan, was the lone Steeler to appear despite an expectation from Saturday's players-only meeting that the entire team would remain in the locker room, the source said.

The starting left tackle was a key figure in the team's protest planning because of his background. Players wanted to accommodate Villanueva, who expressed during their 30-minute session that he didn't want to be singled out, the source said. Moving the protest off the field entirely was a way to keep solidarity without isolating an individual.

"That's where the confusion came in," the source of the anthem sequence said.
Helps plan it, doesn't want to be singled out, **** everyone over after the fact. Shitbag move.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:42 pm

So, I'm lost. Is geezer only going to watch Villanueva now?