5AF's Premier College Football Thread: 2017-18 Pittsburgh Super Panthers Football Thread (and Basketball)

shafnutz05

5AF's Premier College Football Thread: 2017-18 Pittsburgh Super Panthers Football Thread (and Basketball)

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm a little shocked Watson didn't call one play action pass there.

columbia

Postby columbia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm a little shocked Watson didn't call one play action pass there.

He needs to go away...anywhere.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:19 pm

The rose is totally off Narduzzi. Just terrible on gameday and obviously not getting done during the week at practice. #h2p

columbia

Postby columbia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:21 pm

I want a new OC - immediately - before I would agree with that.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:09 pm

The rose is totally off Narduzzi. Just terrible on gameday and obviously not getting done during the week at practice. #h2p
Not sure I understand this being the takeaway from the game today

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:05 pm

imo

good:

passing game is opened up beyond the first twenty yards with kenny in.

15 yard sideline outs to the opposite side right on the money. does not give a sht about whether someone is covered, its comin anyways.

a lot of youth on d -- phil campbell, chase pine. Reynolds got some run too it seemed but maybe less than those I thought, but maybe I am wrong. Chase Pine does not shut up.

the bad:

did we take a timeout on our first play of second half? come on kenneth. all day long they had trouble getting plays off timely. To be expected for a true FR

I dont know if it was watson or pickett or both of them but no sense of sequencing on the 4 downs at end of game. if you want to run on 1st down (fine with me) have a pass play called in the huddle for second down that you run immediately They called timeout with 30 seconds. If they get a play off they either score or its incomplete, stopping clock with minimum 13-15 seconds left. Then you can run on third if you want (have a TO still) or throw. Seemed like they thought we're just gonna score on first and then it was all just rushed and slapdash.

Couldnt run ball. VaTech has 9 returning starters on D. They won that component handily and made the big pick at a critical point.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:09 pm

also -- alex kessman 10/18 FG is extremely 1985 college kicker of you but start hittin these my man

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:27 am

Looks like jackass Narduzzi did his standard move in the post game press conference and absolved himself and the coaches of blame for the end of the game. According to him Weah should have dove for the goalline and the last four playcalls were fine because the offensive line needs to block somebody. THEY WERE UNABLE TO RUN BLOCK ALL **** DAY. Just like with the defensive scheme, screw putting your players in the best position to succeed, just be a stubborn dadhole who calls the same **** over and over again and then blame it on the players when it doesn’t work. I’ve fully had enough of him.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:21 pm

Depth chart shenanigans for the final game of this horribly miscoached season:

QB: DiNucci OR Pickett
DT: Watts OR Camp, Twyman
MLB: Zeise, Pine;
SLB: Idowu, McKee Jr., Miller

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:29 pm

There is not one legitimate reason in this world that Pickett should not be starting on Friday.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:30 pm

There is not one legitimate reason in this world that Pickett should not be starting on Friday.
Or for the past 5 weeks.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:33 pm

At least we can take solace in the fact that these recent developments mean that Pickett might actually be prepared to start when they play UPS and UCF next year. He wouldn't have gotten any meaningful action against the Albany great danes because Narduzzi treats his playbook like the original receipe for coca cola.

What happened to saleem brightwell? nm dickie dunn was just a dope and said MLB instead of MONEY LINEBACKER and confused me

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Or for the past 5 weeks.
Truth.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Your lack of comprehension skills does not make me a dope. It makes you a dope ya dope. Also, I refuse to conform to this coaching staff's stupid names for their linebacker positions.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:48 pm

I would not be shocked to see several transfers over the winter, including Dinucci to [insert FCS here].

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:59 pm

I could definitely see DiNucci bolting. Not sure who else. Maybe Moss. I'll be interested to see what happens with Whitehead and O'Neill. I don't think either has had a good enough season to leave for the NFL and their return would be a boost to next year's team.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:37 pm

One of the running backs will be gonzo. Some people have complimented oneill, some people have been tough on him; I'm supposedly a dope so I'm not going to opine on Jordan whitehead.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Depth chart shenanigans for the final game of this horribly miscoached season:

QB: DiNucci OR Pickett
DT: Watts OR Camp, Twyman
MLB: Zeise, Pine;
SLB: Idowu, McKee Jr., Miller
I am willing to allow that Pickett needed a few weeks to get up to speed after Cuse given he's a true FR to have any clue (that doesn't mean that he shouldn't have gotten some series throughout) but if he doesn't play 95% of the snaps at QB this week (barring some kind of Nate Peterman on the Bills type meltdown) then I may join you on the ledge.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 pm

I would not be shocked to see several transfers over the winter, including Dinucci to [insert FCS here].
I hope not. I can't get too mad about him being the backup. You're unlikely to get a better option in a grad transfer (they would have to come in knowing they're the number 2) and Nick Patti will be a true FR.

PL has floated he's trying to give DiNucci enough hope to stay.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:51 pm

One of the running backs will be gonzo. Some people have complimented oneill, some people have been tough on him; I'm supposedly a dope so I'm not going to opine on Jordan whitehead.
Good: fills holes and tackles well; is violent; physical specimen.

Bad: doesn't really read the ball well in the air, awful angle on last VT TD being a good example. Doesn't get his hands on the ball on D despite the fact that he can do damage once he gets it (see his RB carries).

Comparator: Karl joseph but smarter

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 pm

@mods imo shad should be banned from Pitt thread if it is a one score game

Pls implement ty and gb

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:53 pm

@mods imo shad should be banned from Pitt thread if it is a one score game

Pls implement ty and gb
Noted, will consider.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:12 pm

Good: fills holes and tackles well; is violent; physical specimen.

Bad: doesn't really read the ball well in the air, awful angle on last VT TD being a good example. Doesn't get his hands on the ball on D despite the fact that he can do damage once he gets it (see his RB carries).

Comparator: Karl joseph but smarter
This is pretty much my opinion of him as well. I think he needs to come back and improve his ball skills (if that's possible since no one has improved their ball skills since this coaching staff showed up) because hard hitting 195 pound safeties aren't a thing in the NFL.

In Coach Dickie Dunn's world, this is the starting lineup for next season:

QB: Pickett
HB: Hall
FB: I think Aston will get another year of eligibility
WR: Mathews, RAL, Ffrench
TE: Clark
LT: O'Neill
LG: Herndon
C: Dintino, with Morrissey sentenced to life on Mars
RG: Bookser
RT: Drake Jr.

DEs: Weaver and Folston Jr./Jones II
NT: Watts
DT: Camp
Money: Pine
Mike: Reynolds
Star: Brightwell
CBs: Coleman, Mathis
SS: Whitehead
FS: Ford
Nickel: Hamlin

I'd win a National Championship with that lineup in NCAA Football 14 if my Xbox 360 still worked.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:21 pm

doepy comment alert: aston is listed as a RS junior on the pitt website. although lets face it, even the pitt website is unreliable

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:22 pm

DiNucci leaving would actually be not good