5AF's Premier College Football Thread: 2017-18 Pittsburgh Super Panthers Football Thread (and Basketball)

Dickie Dunn

5AF's Premier College Football Thread: 2017-18 Pittsburgh Super Panthers Football Thread (and Basketball)

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:24 pm

doepy comment alert: aston is listed as a RS junior on the pitt website. although lets face it, even the pitt website is unreliable
Could have sworn he was a redshirt senior. Looks like I'm the dope now. I made sure to spell out the linebacker positions in my dream depth chart post. You're welcome.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:48 pm

O'Neill will be back. Lots of folks thought Biz and Johnson would be 1st Round picks and they fell.

There are a ton of top level T's available in the '18 draft after being a dearth this year.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:05 pm

O'Neill will be back. Lots of folks thought Biz and Johnson would be 1st Round picks and they fell.

There are a ton of top level T's available in the '18 draft after being a dearth this year.
Neither of them even made a roster out of camp. Looks like Johnson is on the Texans practice squad now while Biz is still on the Giants.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Pantherlair's free board is at a very high level of neurotic, self loathing pitt fandom at the moment. There is a thread touting Charles reeves as the most talent TE in pitt football history; there is a thread arguing about TJ kids and if Danielson deserves a 4th star; a thread dodinting about Gallagher and waton; and a thread questioning why pitt didn't recruit zane dudek. its every sort of pitt grievance

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:53 pm

@mods imo shad should be banned from Pitt thread if it is a one score game
The worst thing about it was that I didn't even intend to do it. I was genuinely thinking they had the game in the bag.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:44 pm

At least the pitt hoops team is giving a good effort tonight

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 pm

The basketball was all you guys really had on us for years. Not anymore. Your old AD literally ruined the program (I know, the ACC move and Dixon’s poor recruiting didn’t help either).

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:54 pm

Pitt is getting doubled up by ups hoops right now 60-29

Wtf guys

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:57 pm

@mods imo shad should be banned from Pitt thread if it is a one score game
The worst thing about it was that I didn't even intend to do it. I was genuinely thinking they had the game in the bag.
I saw your post and I felt unwell, I knew it immediately

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:22 am

The basketball was all you guys really had on us for years. Not anymore. Your old AD literally ruined the program (I know, the ACC move and Dixon’s poor recruiting didn’t help either).
This is nobody level posting right here. Might as well go ahead and say 42-39.

Yes, the coach sucks, the team sucks, but one win does not erase all previous dominance. How many NCAA tourney games has UPS won? Let alone Big10 tourney games?

The ACC move and Dixon's recruiting aren't the problems. It was Dixon's departure and Stalling's hire.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 am

I don't see how they keep Stalling's after this year, honestly. I thought they chose the ACC because they were more focused on the success of their basketball program. I'd love to see them shell out the cash for a big name, or an up and comer to come turn this program back aground.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:35 am

Dixon's recruiting aren't the problems.
This is the only part of your post that inaccurate imo. The steven adams early departure and the khem birch departure were the beginning of the end for Dixon. Dixon's recruiting was never able to recover from these two events...they had to rely on reaches, jucos, and grad transfers, and none of those guys worked out. Plus, I think he found some good "acc style" players like artis, young, and Durand Johnson, but it never fully worked out.

The real problem, of course, is that barnes let Dixon walk and then completely sht the bed during the hiring process.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:38 am

This Pitt team is giving meaningful minutes to players who would have to redshirt at RMU. The conference schedule is going to be brutal.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 am

Chukwuka is brutal. Parket Stewart was billed as Ronnie ramon but has been ice cold.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:48 am

This is nobody level posting right here. Might as well go ahead and say 42-39.

Yes, the coach sucks, the team sucks, but one win does not erase all previous dominance. How many NCAA tourney games has UPS won? Let alone Big10 tourney games?

The ACC move and Dixon's recruiting aren't the problems. It was Dixon's departure and Stalling's hire.
You joke about saying 42-39, the past, then bring up the past. Funny thing is, PSU actually leads the all-time series in hoops. Something like 76-71 now, I believe.

Anyway, PSU is on the rise and Pitt is on the fall, football and hoops. Franklin beating Narduzzi like a mule on the recruiting trail is to be expected, but how did Coach Chambers beat out Dixon for these elite Philly recruits :lol: must suck seeing players that should be on your team schooling a bunch of scrubs that ended up on your team instead because your flim-flam man AD ruined your program.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:58 am

Chukwuka is brutal. Parket Stewart was billed as Ronnie ramon but has been ice cold.
Chukwuka is brutal but he's still better than George and Peace. Terrell Brown is also desperately in need of a year to marinate. I know he's the tallest guy on the team but this dude ain't ready for prime time. I don't know what Parker Stewart's deal is, but the kid was a lights out shooter in high school. At this point his confidence is probably shot.

Joegap

Postby Joegap » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:15 am

Pantherlair's free board is at a very high level of neurotic, self loathing pitt fandom at the moment. There is a thread touting Charles reeves as the most talent TE in pitt football history; there is a thread arguing about TJ kids and if Danielson deserves a 4th star; a thread dodinting about Gallagher and waton; and a thread questioning why pitt didn't recruit zane dudek. its every sort of pitt grievance
Wow.. so it is not any different from the paywall board....

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:37 am

There are other things Pitt has on "you guys" but sure go with that

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:38 am

NN is the worst poster on this board. And this board has NAN on it.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:39 am

There are other things Pitt has on "you guys" but sure go with that
For one, Pitt doesn't support child molestation.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:42 am

Welp

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:50 am

sidebar: it has been since November 5th since NAN has graced us with his presence in the super panther thread. I'm ok with that

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 am

Dixon's recruiting aren't the problems.
This is the only part of your post that inaccurate imo. The steven adams early departure and the khem birch departure were the beginning of the end for Dixon. Dixon's recruiting was never able to recover from these two events...they had to rely on reaches, jucos, and grad transfers, and none of those guys worked out. Plus, I think he found some good "acc style" players like artis, young, and Durand Johnson, but it never fully worked out.

The real problem, of course, is that barnes let Dixon walk and then completely sht the bed during the hiring process.
I'll give you that, but my point was more centered around Dixon leaving. He was due to have a couple bad classes. He also recruited to his style, so the guys he brought in weren't always 3-4 stars, but guys who fit his system, and he coached it well. Having a completely different coach handle 1-2 star players (0 star players?) that aren't a part of his system will cause you to lose to the lowlife UPS's of the world.

columbia

Postby columbia » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 am

Truth: UPS has the superior football program.

Next...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:29 pm

sidebar: it has been since November 5th since NAN has graced us with his presence in the super panther thread. I'm ok with that
@NAN