Pet Thread

skullman80

Pet Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:29 am

The sweater thing seems to work for Murphy when people come over. We had our niece over last weekend, so we put it on him before she came over. He did some minor jumping when she first came in, but then was calm the whole rest of the night. We let him out the following morning without it on, and he acted like a maniac again. Went back and put the sweater on...and boom he was calm again instantly pretty much.

My mother in law came over last night.. same thing. Jump or two and a bark when she came in the door, but after that...calmness. The power of the sweater is amazing haha.

May have to invest in several sweaters to give some variety and a thunder jacket at some point if this is going to be a thing that works.

shafnutz05

Pet Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:28 am

Molly passes along her holiday wishes to everyone!

willeyeam

Pet Thread

Postby willeyeam » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:50 am

Good girl

willeyeam

Pet Thread

Postby willeyeam » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:09 pm

I solved imgur

Gaucho

Pet Thread

Postby Gaucho » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:16 am

dodint

Pet Thread

Postby dodint » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:29 pm

She could stand to eat a cheeseburger or two but I think she'll be in fine shape by Christmas.
Ava update!

This is her default position, asleep at my feet, snoring. Her coat is starting to fill back in which is great, we've been working on that with some special food formulations and some medication for itchiness so she doesn't rub it away. The vet thinks she may be part Shar Pei which would account for some of the skin rolls.

The bad news is she has Lyme disease. This may account for why she walks around looking sore all the time. So we have her on a month of antibiotics to see if we can clear that up. Seems to be helping as she shuffles around a little better now, even broke into a run once when I made her go out into the rain to potty. :lol:

The worse news is that despite all her bloodwork numbers coming back in good ranges, it is possible that she has cancer. She has a large lump on her backside under her tail. The doc stabbed it with a needle thinking it was a mass and it turned out to be full of blood and tissue, which isn't great. We were going to put her under and remove some lumps and properly biopsy the big one tomorrow. However; we're going to do the course of treatment for Lyme disease first to see how she responds.

Either way, she's in good spirits and is having a warm, merry Christmas. She's very comfortable at home now, even trying to steal sandwiches off of the coffee table. In a puppy I'd correct that, but at her stage I'm just happy she feels comfortable enough to be mischievous.
Our nickname for her is 'pig' because she spends all her waking hours on the hunt for food despite being well fed at a regular interval.

skullman80

Pet Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:39 pm

She could stand to eat a cheeseburger or two but I think she'll be in fine shape by Christmas.
Ava update!

This is her default position, asleep at my feet, snoring. Her coat is starting to fill back in which is great, we've been working on that with some special food formulations and some medication for itchiness so she doesn't rub it away. The vet thinks she may be part Shar Pei which would account for some of the skin rolls.

The bad news is she has Lyme disease. This may account for why she walks around looking sore all the time. So we have her on a month of antibiotics to see if we can clear that up. Seems to be helping as she shuffles around a little better now, even broke into a run once when I made her go out into the rain to potty. :lol:

The worse news is that despite all her bloodwork numbers coming back in good ranges, it is possible that she has cancer. She has a large lump on her backside under her tail. The doc stabbed it with a needle thinking it was a mass and it turned out to be full of blood and tissue, which isn't great. We were going to put her under and remove some lumps and properly biopsy the big one tomorrow. However; we're going to do the course of treatment for Lyme disease first to see how she responds.

Either way, she's in good spirits and is having a warm, merry Christmas. She's very comfortable at home now, even trying to steal sandwiches off of the coffee table. In a puppy I'd correct that, but at her stage I'm just happy she feels comfortable enough to be mischievous.
Our nickname for her is 'pig' because she spends all her waking hours on the hunt for food despite being well fed at a regular interval.
You are doing amazing things for Ava. She is lucky you adopted her.

Bring away from our dogs for a few days now I kind of miss the jerks lol.

Troy Loney

Pet Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:51 pm

She's being raised right now, as a strict Malthusian.

willeyeam

Pet Thread

Postby willeyeam » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:52 pm

Good vibes to Ava

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Pet Thread

Postby meow » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:58 pm

My 13 GSP has Lyme. Never really saw any symptoms from him. If he has stiffness from it, the daily NSAID he is on for being old af probably takes care of it.

Troy Loney

Pet Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:00 pm

My 2 year old has it. No issues.

DigitalGypsy66

Pet Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:32 pm

Shania Twain got vocal chord paralysis from Lyme disease.

I do wish some of the dogs in our neighborhood were similarly afflicted. Bark. All. Damn. Night.

RonnieFranchise

Pet Thread

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:04 pm

So my cat is badass. She is roughly 17 and got her checkup today. She was in bad shape last year when she was diagnosed as diabetic. Went on diabetic food and insulin once a day. She has lost 1/3 of her weight and her checkup was fabulous. Doc was surprised that not only does she have all her teeth but they and her gums look great. He asked if I was sure she was 17... I said she could maybe be as young as 15 but yeah, she's old.

He said we could do a blood panel if I wanted... well, she's a 17 year old former barn cat (only one of her litter who survived) and is around her expected lifespan. If she looks good I'm good.

dodint

Pet Thread

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:48 pm

Sounds like one of the rare good cats.

tifosi77

Pet Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:00 pm

Local community Facebook group just had a post of a man in a park beating his GSD. When confronted, he said he was 'training' the dog. Apparently he has been sighted at this park several times.

I think tomorrow morning I'm going to pay a visit to this park and see about doing some of my own 'training'.

Joegap

Pet Thread

Postby Joegap » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:26 pm

I have two little 15 pound dogs.Today during our walk a lady could not control her Great Dane, and it drug her across the street and tried to attack my dog. Thankfully my wife and I picked them both up and ran up the street. Afterwords the lady had the audacity to say “I can’t believe you kept walking past us”. People that can’t control their dogs are the worst, and I am just glad my pups are ok. I’m still pretty shaken up from the entire ordeal.

robbiestoupe

Pet Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:57 pm

Our cat is having troubles jumping more than a foot high. He just got his vaccines last week, but I don’t think that’s it. He’s been doing some backflips chasing his feather toy, so maybe he landed on his paw funny. He does seem to be favoring his front right paw. Going to have to call the vet tomorrow.

dodint

Pet Thread

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:39 pm

This dog continues to be defective; she now spends her day in the chair next to the bed. Instead of in the bed.

tifosi77

Pet Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:41 pm

Defective? Or being an absolute boss?

dodint

Pet Thread

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:42 pm

She takes her wins where she can get them, for sure.

tifosi77

Pet Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:48 pm

Plz scratch her head obo Uncle Tif.

Troy Loney

Pet Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:54 pm

Essential Chomsky. Dodint the radical.

dodint

Pet Thread

Postby dodint » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:43 pm

My dog has taken to pushing the bedroom door shut and then trying to hurry up and catch it before it swings closed. The problem is when she doesn't catch it she pushes it shut and gets locked in the bedroom. She's done it a few times while we were away running errands, but last night she did it while we were in bed trying to fall asleep.
I was trying to think of a baby-proof kind of device to keep the door open, but I might just replace one of the hinges with a spring hinge. I'm not sure she would be able to apply enough pressure to latch it if there was progressively more resistance as the door got closer to closing.

As a minor update we took her to the vet last week to do some testing for cancer. None found, she just has extra body parts here and there. :lol:
We had a dangling nipple growth removed. She also has a sack on her hind end that we thought might be cancer. Turns out it's just full of blood, no tissue. *shrug*

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Pet Thread

Postby meow » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:56 am

Two far more temporary things would be wrap a gum band around the knob so it keeps the latch bolt compressed or slice a pool noodle and slide it over the edge of the door so it can’t close.

Kane

Pet Thread

Postby Kane » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:03 am

My dog has taken to pushing the bedroom door shut and then trying to hurry up and catch it before it swings closed. The problem is when she doesn't catch it she pushes it shut and gets locked in the bedroom. She's done it a few times while we were away running errands, but last night she did it while we were in bed trying to fall asleep.
I was trying to think of a baby-proof kind of device to keep the door open, but I might just replace one of the hinges with a spring hinge. I'm not sure she would be able to apply enough pressure to latch it if there was progressively more resistance as the door got closer to closing.

As a minor update we took her to the vet last week to do some testing for cancer. None found, she just has extra body parts here and there. :lol:
We had a dangling nipple growth removed. She also has a sack on her hind end that we thought might be cancer. Turns out it's just full of blood, no tissue. *shrug*