Fast Food Thread

NTP66

Fast Food Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:36 am

Yeah, it's definitely one of those treat meals.

RonnieFranchise

Fast Food Thread

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:12 pm

Made the mistake of stopping at Popeye's on the South Side yesterday. Nightmare. Got hit up by a panhandler actually in the freaking store, and the soda machine was down, all they had was lemonade. Spicy chix sandwich made it semi worth it.

Speaking of which, I have been to Popeye's between here and North Carolina maybe 10 times now and at least 3 of those their soda has been down and/or out. I don't recall this ever happening anywhere else in all my years of hitting fast food joints.
Further Popeyes data (all my daughter wanted for her birthday dinner was a Popeyes chicken Sammy)

Erie, yesterday on the way home from WNY on vacation, figured we'd stop. No chicken sandwiches. Got her to accept chix tenders and a Sprite. No Sprite. Not hanging around to find out what else you don't have, bye.

Told her we'd go over and pick up in Youngstown today. Had chix sammies, good there. No diet coke. Everyone had T Shirts on pimping their new nuggets- no nuggets. She loves the chocolate beignets for dessert- no beignets. Get to the window and oh sorry- we ran out of biscuits for one of the meals. Also, we were 2 cars back from the ordering station when we got there and didn't get to the window until 35 minutes later.

I know there are supply chain issues everywhere right now but I haven't seen the type of issues Popeye's seems to have anywhere else. Get y'all act together Popeye.

Side note, the new Meijer in Boardman is money. It's not Wegman's but if the only knock I can think of is it's not Wegmans, that's pretty damn good. Another place in that area with an excellent beer selection.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Fast Food Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:09 am

Made the mistake of stopping at Popeye's on the South Side yesterday. Nightmare. Got hit up by a panhandler actually in the freaking store, and the soda machine was down, all they had was lemonade. Spicy chix sandwich made it semi worth it.

Speaking of which, I have been to Popeye's between here and North Carolina maybe 10 times now and at least 3 of those their soda has been down and/or out. I don't recall this ever happening anywhere else in all my years of hitting fast food joints.
Further Popeyes data (all my daughter wanted for her birthday dinner was a Popeyes chicken Sammy)

Erie, yesterday on the way home from WNY on vacation, figured we'd stop. No chicken sandwiches. Got her to accept chix tenders and a Sprite. No Sprite. Not hanging around to find out what else you don't have, bye.

Told her we'd go over and pick up in Youngstown today. Had chix sammies, good there. No diet coke. Everyone had T Shirts on pimping their new nuggets- no nuggets. She loves the chocolate beignets for dessert- no beignets. Get to the window and oh sorry- we ran out of biscuits for one of the meals. Also, we were 2 cars back from the ordering station when we got there and didn't get to the window until 35 minutes later.

I know there are supply chain issues everywhere right now but I haven't seen the type of issues Popeye's seems to have anywhere else. Get y'all act together Popeye.

Side note, the new Meijer in Boardman is money. It's not Wegman's but if the only knock I can think of is it's not Wegmans, that's pretty damn good. Another place in that area with an excellent beer selection.
We're getting a Popeyes in Robinson soon, where the old Long John's/A&W used to be.

I can't wait for the line of cars to overflow onto Steubenville Pike for the next month or so. Luckily I don't have to venture down that far too often.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Fast Food Thread

Postby count2infinity » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:15 am

My wife used to live right across the street from the popeyes on the southside.... was an interesting year of visiting her. :lol:

dodint

Fast Food Thread

Postby dodint » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:59 am

The only Popeyes I have access to is on the Ohio Turnpike and it's pretty bad. I want to like it, but it's a letdown every time.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Fast Food Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:36 am

I generally try to avoid Popeyes because it runs through me in 15 minutes. Learned that lesson at multiple airports and had to choose between boarding on time vs hitting the restroom and being the dude who shows up as the doors are closing. Turns out I gave Popeyes a second chance since I thought maybe it was a one-off at a different airport. Nope. Was just as bad as I remembered.

Fast forward about 4-5 years and I tried the one on 30. You can probably guess how that worked out for me.

So long story short, I won't be trying the one up the road from me when it opens. And the same thing goes for me, that I want to like it but I don't like what it does to me afterwards.

willeyeam

Fast Food Thread

Postby willeyeam » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:17 am

I had the KFC spicy chicken sandwich and it is the leader in the clubhouse of the new chicken sandwich war imo

NTP66

Fast Food Thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:23 am

I had the KFC spicy chicken sandwich and it is the leader in the clubhouse of the new chicken sandwich war imo
Interesting. I never thought to try it in the past, but maybe I will next time.

MR25

Fast Food Thread

Postby MR25 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:43 am

Maybe it was the KFC I went to, but I had it a week or so ago, and it wasn't even close to the CFA spicy sandwich.

willeyeam

Fast Food Thread

Postby willeyeam » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:51 am

Maybe I got lucky. But the chicken itself was actually excellent. If that piece of chicken was on a sandwich I ordered at a decent restaurant I would have been satisfied

MR25

Fast Food Thread

Postby MR25 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:06 am

That's fair. It definitely seemed like the people working there at 7pm on a Sunday didn't want to be there, so it may have affected the quality I got.

My BBQ chicken little was good though, even though they only put the sauce on one side of the chicken.

the wicked child

Fast Food Thread

Postby the wicked child » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:07 am

Location is definitely an X factor in rating things. Given the nature of the job, most ff places vary between locations, some to the extreme.

The one outlier for me is Chick-fil-A; somehow they always seem to be a well oiled machine in my experience.

RonnieFranchise

Fast Food Thread

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:30 pm

My wife used to live right across the street from the popeyes on the southside.... was an interesting year of visiting her. :lol:
That location takes the worst fast food restaurant location award.

Shyster

Fast Food Thread

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:11 pm

NTP66

Fast Food Thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:14 pm

“This ain’t no five star… pick it up witch yo hands!!”

:lol:

tifosi77

Fast Food Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:54 pm

I saw an African American comedian who said one of her friends went to gender-neutral pronouns, they/them/theirs. She was like, "I don't mind, because why would it bother me? It's just........... it make me sound like a runaway slave when I talk. 'Is They comin' over? What time is They arriving? Is They alone?"

One of those jokes that made me white dude awkward-laugh.

shoeshine boy

Fast Food Thread

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:36 pm

today's lunch: KFC chicken sandwich.
verdict: damn good.

nocera

Fast Food Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:38 pm

Just got an email that my local Chic-fil-A will now be closing at 8pm. Last week they sent an email that indoor dining and curbside are no longer offered due to "hiring issues" which is a nice way of saying "we don't pay enough so nobody wants to work for us." Less contributions to hateful organizations by your CEO and a higher hourly pay and benefits might help.

Also damn you for having a delicious sandwich.
Last edited by nocera on Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MR25

Fast Food Thread

Postby MR25 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:42 pm

High school kids are going back to school now, too, and I feel like the majority of their employees are that age.

DigitalGypsy66

Fast Food Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:42 pm

We went to one last weekend and curbside was gone. Very depressing to go back to eating in the car again. That location had indoor dining, but that's a big nope with how crowded it was.

dodint

Fast Food Thread

Postby dodint » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:28 pm

They have no problem finding people to eat copious amounts of hate chicken; I doubt that is the barrier to staffing. As much as I wish it were.

faftorial

Fast Food Thread

Postby faftorial » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:34 pm

Finally had the Popeye's chicken sandwich (sans mayo) and I like it better than CFA but I like the CFA pickles more.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Fast Food Thread

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:15 pm

Drove by the McDonalds on West Liberty about 2 hours ago and there were about 3 cop cars in the parking lot along with the usual outrageous drive thru line. I can only imagine the circumstances

faftorial

Fast Food Thread

Postby faftorial » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:19 pm

We tried CFA the other day and it was two-lanes deep. 45min wait at a minimum. I left.

RonnieFranchise

Fast Food Thread

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:33 pm

For my daughter’s birthday, I drove 50 miles round trip to Boardman for Raising Cane’s chicken fingers. Her birthday is the only day I would do such a thing.

One more thing we don’t have in Pittsburgh.