Fast Food Thread

NTP66

Fast Food Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:33 pm

They were thicker, crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside. I rarely have BK, but they definitely changed. Yet, I can’t find anything official on Google about it.
Whopper?
Yep. Only even went because it was close and I had a coupon.

mac5155

Fast Food Thread

Postby mac5155 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:49 pm

When was the last time you had it?

BK used to have THE BEST fries... I'm talkin around like early 2000s?

I think I last had BK like the first few weeks of the pandemic.

NTP66

Fast Food Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:36 am

Probably 1-2 months ago? That's why I know for sure that they changed. Watch it be chalked up to something like BK running out of fries and going and buying store bought frozen fries. :lol:

Viva la Ben

Fast Food Thread

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:30 am

🚨🚨🚨the former LJS across from Kennywood has been torn down and replace by Popeyes🚨🚨🚨

Dickie Dunn

Fast Food Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:36 am

Last time I was at Kennywood, the surrounding area felt like a war zone. Popeyes is worth it though.

skullman80

Fast Food Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:46 am

Last time I was at Kennywood, the surrounding area felt like a war zone. Popeyes is worth it though.
It's still a war zone.

Dickie Dunn

Fast Food Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:47 am

It's still a war zone.
But now there’s a Popeyes. I imagine peace will be achieved soon.

willeyeam

Fast Food Thread

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:49 am

they should put a popeyes in the capitol lobby

skullman80

Fast Food Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:49 am

It's still a war zone.
But now there’s a Popeyes. I imagine peace will be achieved soon.
Heh. It's a warzone, but I will pay admission just to get some potato patch fries with bacon and cheese. :lol:

Viva la Ben

Fast Food Thread

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:54 am

The pro move will be to buy a bucket of chicken and take it into the park with some bacon&cheese potato patch fries:

Dickie Dunn

Fast Food Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:57 am

I remember reading a story a couple years ago about Six Flags AstroWorld in Houston. In an attempt to drive up attendance they introduced a season pass that was reasonably priced, but coincidentally was significantly cheaper than the cost of daycare, so future parent of the year award winners would buy the pass and drop their hoodrat kids off at the park day after day without parental supervision to terrorize the park-going families and employees while never spending an extra money in the park. Place shut down a couple years later because the already low attendance plummeted after the park turned into an unsupervised daycare.

That’s what Kennywood felt like the last time I was there. Can’t imagine it’s improved.

skullman80

Fast Food Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:04 am

We honestly only go a few times a year. Normally Halloween, Christmas time (for lights) and once during the summer with my nieces and nephews. It doesn't make sense for us to go cost wise otherwise.

Two years ago my sister in law bought us season passes for Christmas and we went alot more some nights just go to and get some potato patch fries and walk around for a bit in the park during the summer.

Everytime we go though... potato patch fries with bacon and cheese, ice cream cone dipped in chocolate with sprinkles that is literally like a half gallon of ice cream and a funnel cake to close out the day ha.

shoeshine boy

Fast Food Thread

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:42 am

Had Burger King tonight, and they definitely changed their fries (in a good way).
BK onion rings > BK fries

Willie Kool

Fast Food Thread

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:54 am

Had Burger King tonight, and they definitely changed their fries (in a good way).
DQ onion rings > BK onion rings

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Fast Food Thread

Postby iamjs » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:58 am

Probably 1-2 months ago? That's why I know for sure that they changed. Watch it be chalked up to something like BK running out of fries and going and buying store bought frozen fries. :lol:
[Southside Burgers has entered the chat]

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/bogus-b ... 140380374/

nocera

Fast Food Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:58 am

DQ onion rings > BK onion rings
As a former slinger of Blizzards and Brazier burgers, I wouldn't eat anything that came out of those fryers.

By the way, working at DQ during my high school years and occasional college break taught me that it pays to be nice to those who prepare your food.

Willie Kool

Fast Food Thread

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:16 am

Pretty sure that most people who have worked at a fast food joint get turned off to eating there. My sisters both worked at Arbys decades ago and neither of them have eaten there since.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Fast Food Thread

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:26 am

I remember reading a story a couple years ago about Six Flags AstroWorld in Houston. In an attempt to drive up attendance they introduced a season pass that was reasonably priced, but coincidentally was significantly cheaper than the cost of daycare, so future parent of the year award winners would buy the pass and drop their hoodrat kids off at the park day after day without parental supervision to terrorize the park-going families and employees while never spending an extra money in the park. Place shut down a couple years later because the already low attendance plummeted after the park turned into an unsupervised daycare.

That’s what Kennywood felt like the last time I was there. Can’t imagine it’s improved.
It was a while back, but anyone used to be able to stroll right into KW for any reason at any time and just buy tickets (not a ride all day tickets, but those strips of tickets. Anyone remember that? like 3 for the old mill but like 6 for the kangaroo or more for the thunderbolt) for an individual ride. They had problems with lack of institutional control and started charging $6 general admission (plus the cost to buy ticket strips). They got rid of ticket strips probably in the mid to late 2000s. I always wanted to steal a ticket can when I worked there but never got around to it. Would have made a gr8 piece of memorabilia.

skullman80

Fast Food Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:33 am

It was a while back, but anyone used to be able to stroll right into KW for any reason at any time and just buy tickets (not a ride all day tickets, but those strips of tickets. Anyone remember that? like 3 for the old mill but like 6 for the kangaroo or more for the thunderbolt) for an individual ride. They had problems with lack of institutional control and started charging $6 general admission (plus the cost to buy ticket strips). They got rid of ticket strips probably in the mid to late 2000s. I always wanted to steal a ticket can when I worked there but never got around to it. Would have made a gr8 piece of memorabilia.
I remember as a kid (I'm 37) those individual tickets being a thing for sure.

faftorial

Fast Food Thread

Postby faftorial » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:57 am

I remember as a kid (I'm 37) those individual tickets being a thing for sure.
We would have a school trip every year in the 70's and you bought tickets up front from school.

NTP66

Fast Food Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:00 am

The BK onion rings, at least the last time I had them, had too much breading on them, personally.

nocera

Fast Food Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:01 am

Pretty sure that most people who have worked at a fast food joint get turned off to eating there. My sisters both worked at Arbys decades ago and neither of them have eaten there since.
I worked there on and off for over 6 years. I can tell you for a fact that the grease in the fryer was never changed. Ever. The grease traps were cleared out yearly (it was supposed to be done every 3 months) and it was a disgusting process that we would literally draw straws to determine who had to do it.

I watched as employees spit in a banana split they made for somebody they apparently didn't like. Another took a milkshake to the back and claimed he dipped his balls in it before serving it. I didn't see that, but the dude was an dadhole so I believed him.

NTP66

Fast Food Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:02 am

Source of the post I can tell you for a fact that the grease in the fryer was never changed. Ever.
Ultra seasoned grease...

nocera

Fast Food Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:59 pm

NTP66

Fast Food Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:59 pm

I kinda like it.