Robot B9

Comedy and Humor

Postby Robot B9 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:58 am

Great show
Loved it. Wish they made new ones.

Craig

Comedy and Humor

Postby Craig » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:03 am

Attell doesnt drink any more so i think it would be a problem.

FreeCandy44

Comedy and Humor

Postby FreeCandy44 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:43 am

Attell doesnt drink any more so i think it would be a problem.
Wow really?? I find this very surprising.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Comedy and Humor

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:47 am

Dave Attel's "Insomniac" show on CC was great. My roommate and I used to watch it in college. What a job that had to be. Travel the country getting drunk at dive bars, then going to that cities late night drunk food spot.
He also went to weird places on that show, which was cool.

They also need to bring back Tough Crowd w/ Colin Quinn

Clams Herbert

Comedy and Humor

Postby Clams Herbert » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:32 am

Totally forgot about Eugene Mirman and Mike Birbiglia. Good stuff.

Mulaney just needs a new set, his stories are great.

blackjack68

Comedy and Humor

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:41 pm

Dave Attel's "Insomniac" show on CC was great. My roommate and I used to watch it in college. What a job that had to be. Travel the country getting drunk at dive bars, then going to that cities late night drunk food spot.
He also went to weird places on that show, which was cool.

They also need to bring back Tough Crowd w/ Colin Quinn
Wouldn't be the same without Patrice O'Neal and Greg Giraldo.

tifosi77

Comedy and Humor

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:35 pm

Wouldn't be the same without ... Greg Giraldo.
:(

Craig

Comedy and Humor

Postby Craig » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:36 pm

Why remove patrice for that sad face?

tifosi77

Comedy and Humor

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:29 pm

Because I am not sad that he is dead. Not in a heartless sense, just that he didn't mean anything to me and I didn't find him particularly funny. So when he died, it didn't really register or resonate with me. Conversely, Greg Giraldo was one of my favorites.

Craig

Comedy and Humor

Postby Craig » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:41 pm

I feel the exact opposite haha.

blackjack68

Comedy and Humor

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:10 pm

Is this offensive or humorous?

In 2009 he wrote, "Almost bumped a Jewish kid crossing the road. He didn't look b4 crossing but I still would hav felt so bad in my german car!"

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Comedy and Humor

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:20 pm

Totally forgot about Eugene Mirman and Mike Birbiglia. Good stuff.

Mulaney just needs a new set, his stories are great.
I can't stand Mirman. Every set up is this...

"And I was like..."
"Then she's like..."
"So then I was like..."

Jofa Guy

Comedy and Humor

Postby Jofa Guy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:35 am

So I'm not so acclimated to great comics of their prime. I didn't get to see many of these great comedians from the early 90's and even in the 80's. I love louis ck, and I've also loved Eddie Murphy as well as Andrew Dice Clay, but I have a question.

I just saw Howard Stern's "private parts" movie. How do you guys feel about it? I'm in a younger generation so maybe that's why I kind of respect him for his humor and for not giving a washington capital about WNBC giving him a ride, and I've also watched about 3 Letterman appearances as well. He seems like a likeable guy, and I know it depends on how you feel about his style of DJ'ing, I was just curious on how other feel about him.

I've also watched some classic Seinfeld from 1984, I love "Seinfeld", and his stand up made me laugh a few times.

tifosi77

Comedy and Humor

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:14 pm

'Private Parts' is an outstanding comedy. And I think it holds up whether you are a Stern fan or not; it is just funny. That's thanks in large part to two people: Betty Thomas, the director, and Paul Giamatti as Pig Vomit.

****-a-doodle-doo! :lol:

It was also the first movie I ever saw at the Chinese Theater, on the trip to Los Angeles where I decided to move here, so it has a bit of nostalgia for me.

PFiDC

Comedy and Humor

Postby PFiDC » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:42 pm

'Private Parts' is an outstanding comedy. And I think it holds up whether you are a Stern fan or not; it is just funny. That's thanks in large part to two people: Betty Thomas, the director, and Paul Giamatti as Pig Vomit.

****-a-doodle-doo! :lol:

It was also the first movie I ever saw at the Chinese Theater, on the trip to Los Angeles where I decided to move here, so it has a bit of nostalgia for me.
I saw it in the theater as well and though it was very funny. What I remember most about that experience is that I went into the theater feeling absolutely fine and over the course of the film I went from healthy to full blown bronchitis. I ended up moving to a section of the theater where nobody was sitting.

Jofa Guy

Comedy and Humor

Postby Jofa Guy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:54 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this haha. If I heard correctly, he was number one in radio and also number one in theaters when the movie came out, right?

Him on Letterman is really funny as well. His wife was hottttt (In the movie at least, not sure if she was that hot in real life)

tifosi77

Comedy and Humor

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:07 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this haha. If I heard correctly, he was number one in radio and also number one in theaters when the movie came out, right?
He was the first DJ to have the #1 radio show in NYC and LA simultaneously, both his books entered the NYT best sellers list at #1, his E! show (which is how I first really came to know the show) was among the highest rated shows on cable, the movie opened #1 at the boxoffice, and the soundtrack album (on which he performed) was the top selling record. Just about the only thing he hasn't conquered is opera...... but boy howdy would I love to see a Howard Stern opera.
Him on Letterman is really funny as well. His wife was hottttt (In the movie at least, not sure if she was that hot in real life)
I don't recall Alison (his first wife) being unattractive, but I wouldn't necessarily call her hot. Then again, that's pretty much how I would describe Mary McCormack, the actress who played her in the movie.

Jofa Guy

Comedy and Humor

Postby Jofa Guy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Sheez! That's absolutely insane. My mom always disliked the guy, and I can't really blame her for not trying to get her son exposed to Stern. But many years later I really like Stern, he just makes me laugh and for his accomplishments he seems to be pretty humble.

You have to give him props, Stern fan or not. A Stern opera would be absolutely awesome.

Yeah the actress was definitely a babe, I'm not sure about his wife in real life. You can't blame him for getting a hot actress to portray his wife in the movie lol. I love how he messed with the new news anchor after they fired his former one

Craig

Comedy and Humor

Postby Craig » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:31 pm

The guy does great interviews, i really cant stand him though. He is the nationally succesful version of mark madden.

tifosi77

Comedy and Humor

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Oh, I think that's a tremendous disservice to his talents as a broadcaster. MM is the loudest buffoon in a medium that invites buffoonery. Howard Stern is one of the most gifted entertainers of my lifetime. I can understand not finding his brand of humor funny, or not liking his show. But he genuinely is a force of nature.

Craig

Comedy and Humor

Postby Craig » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:35 pm

I mean his way of doing business. Hes an dadhole and built himself up in every market ge entered the same way madden built himself to the leader in pittsburgh.

eddy

Comedy and Humor

Postby eddy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Sorry to kick the thread off on a bummer note, but............... it has been ten years since Mitch Hedberg died.

>>>Comedians Discuss Mitch Hedberg's Life and Legacy Ten Years After His Death<<<
I remember being in the hotel Pennsylvania getting back from a Who/Robert Plant concert at msg and he came on Letterman, I was hooked. I believe it was a year or two later, he was playing at me college. It was incredible. I'd say about 75% of the people there had no idea who he was. By the end, I think he made fans out of them all.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Comedy and Humor

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Jofa Guy are you still in school? You should check out Dom Irrera next time he makes the campus rounds :slug:

columbia

Comedy and Humor

Postby columbia » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:34 pm

I have wondered the same....

Jofa Guy

Comedy and Humor

Postby Jofa Guy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:39 am

Jofa Guy are you still in school? You should check out Dom Irrera next time he makes the campus rounds :slug:
Yeah, I am. I will be graduating either this December or next May with a finance degree. I currently go to UT- Arlington, right by the Cowboys stadium.

I'm pretty sure Dom wouldn't make his way down there, all they care about getting is people like Rihannareah. They did get Passion Pit one day, I wish I could've seen them but I was doing.... other things