MIMH's NailedPenguin's Thread of Facebook Hatred

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:36 am

Shad turned her gai

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:41 am

She did play softball, so the jury is out on that one.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:30 pm

the next person who shares the post with elf on the shelf getting swirlied or waterboarded is getting blocked or at least unfollowed until after Christmas.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:32 pm

woaaahhh forgot about elf on the shelf. Wonderful unintended result from ignoring facebook since before thanksgiving.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:56 pm

Another day another person on Facebook who thinks OCD just means that you're organized.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:16 am

Another day another person on Facebook who thinks OCD just means that you're organized.
Ha let me know when they start lock and unlocking the door repeatedly until you feel that you've sufficiently locked it. I've never been diagnosed, and honestly I'm worried about going to the doctor to get diagnosed, but I count everything. Steps, door locks, I stand at doors counting in my head until I can trust that my brain remembers it.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:46 pm

It's about more than just the charming Hollywood stuff. I don't have any of those symptoms but have still been diagnosed.

I'm not offended or anything by the FB stuff. It's just a silly leap for people to make.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Steps, door locks, I stand at doors counting in my head until I can trust that my brain remembers it.
This is probably just autism, no?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:57 pm

Steps, door locks, I stand at doors counting in my head until I can trust that my brain remembers it.
This is probably just autism, no?
Could be, well most likely is. WAIT A MINUTE.

My magic number is 5, and 10 - depending on the seriousness of the task. Also reading through that, and going to the sexual obsessions things makes me feel like a creeper. I don't have any of that stuff, that I know of, so I just attribute it all to anxiety.

http://www.ocdtypes.com/counting-ocd.php

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Whenever I start to doubt my abilities as an application developer, I just need to remember that when I flip thru Facebook on my phone, the same 3 posts appear on my feed an infinite amount of times. Shmenguin - 1. All of Silicon Valley - 0.

But seriously...what's up with that? How can that be ok with the brain trust there?

columbia

Postby columbia » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:14 pm

Whenever I start to doubt my abilities as an application developer, I just need to remember that when I flip thru Facebook on my phone, the same 3 posts appear on my feed an infinite amount of times. Shmenguin - 1. All of Silicon Valley - 0.

But seriously...what's up with that? How can that be ok with the brain trust there?
They (and also Twitter) don't want to admit that they created a framework, which - by definition - is designed to push out too much "information." I would expect it to get worse, not better.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:17 pm

They managed to completely destroy one of the best features - the 'Trending' section. I don't want to hover my mouse over each god damn word to see a title. The old way was vastly superior, and their argument for making the change sounds like it crawled right out of the toilet bowl.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:31 pm

They (and also Twitter) don't want to admit that they created a framework, which - by definition - is designed to push out too much "information." I would expect it to get worse, not better.
when FB started applying artificial intelligence to the news feed to accommodate weirdos with 600 friends who couldn't whittle down their own content, they lost me.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:54 pm

GOOD GRIEF I GET WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT CURRENT POLITICS

Could you please cut back on the sharing of crap you see by half?

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Ha let me know when they start lock and unlocking the door repeatedly until you feel that you've sufficiently locked it. I've never been diagnosed, and honestly I'm worried about going to the doctor to get diagnosed, but I count everything. Steps, door locks, I stand at doors counting in my head until I can trust that my brain remembers it.
My friend would lock and unlock her car door, poke her palms with her keys, keep food to one side of her mouth.

She was obsessive about it like leaving parties to Walk down the block over black ice in the middle of the night to check. Repeat over and over throughout the night. I've seen her excuse herself from conversations just to poke her head out the door and lock the already locked car. I used to think I could even hear the car be like, "still locked! See youin 15 minutes!"

Same anywhere we go. She will repeatedly ask everyone if they saw her locking the door if she really can not get to it like if we are walking in a mall and deep into it. Eventually we will have to go back to check.

She ended up doing an evaluation and they told her she should get checked out for OCD and wanted her to lighten her work load bc it was interfering with her work.

She did end up having it.

Now she's a super awesome brilliant speech pathologist.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:23 pm

My friend would lock and unlock her car door, poke her palms with her keys, keep food to one side of her mouth.

She was obsessive about it like leaving parties to Walk down the block over black ice in the middle of the night to check. Repeat over and over throughout the night. I've seen her excuse herself from conversations just to poke her head out the door and lock the already locked car. I used to think I could even hear the car be like, "still locked! See youin 15 minutes!"

Same anywhere we go. She will repeatedly ask everyone if they saw her locking the door if she really can not get to it like if we are walking in a mall and deep into it. Eventually we will have to go back to check.

She ended up doing an evaluation and they told her she should get checked out for OCD and wanted her to lighten her work load bc it was interfering with her work.

Man, I sympathize with this. I haven't gotten to the part going back out - but I have to stand there for a few minutes on any door I shut to the outside world to have my brain confirm that I've locked it. I make my wife check after I'm done if I'm feeling more anxious or not.

If I have to fly? I better be prepared to spend an entire night counting socks, boxers, undershirts to make sure I have enough - and I typically overpack just in case.

I do feel that most of this may be anxiety or stress related because I don't remember it getting bad until about 3 years ago when I started at my first agency job. It hasn't gotten better, though, that's for sure.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:50 pm

HAY GUYZ OBAMAS INAUGURATION WAS BETTER BECAUSE HE HAD MOAR PEOPLES!!11!

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:55 pm

and if I may, since the title is for Facebook hatred and not overall social media hatred, the Twitter mute function is worthless.

I have muted Trump, Obama, Hillary/Hilary, #feelthebern, alternate facts, alternative facts, and even the word politics in general over the past weekend. Every damn word that I have listed has made it onto my timeline since muting. Not through retweets or through article previews, but directly in my ****ing timeline.

It's not that I'm taking one side or another. It's now to the point where I'm tired of reading about it.

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:16 am

Man, I sympathize with this. I haven't gotten to the part going back out - but I have to stand there for a few minutes on any door I shut to the outside world to have my brain confirm that I've locked it. I make my wife check after I'm done if I'm feeling more anxious or not.

If I have to fly? I better be prepared to spend an entire night counting socks, boxers, undershirts to make sure I have enough - and I typically overpack just in case.

I do feel that most of this may be anxiety or stress related because I don't remember it getting bad until about 3 years ago when I started at my first agency job. It hasn't gotten better, though, that's for sure.
I'm sorry that you're going through this. The best way to go that I know of is to see someone professional, but that can be hard. I know my friend always knew she had OCD but she never sought out help until it became debilitating at work. And even then I think she was relieved but sad.

OCD doesn't have to take over your life. If you talk to someone they can help you figure out not only what's going on but how to deal with it and manage it.

I do hope things get better for you and that you find peace of mind.

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 am

Kaiser's dad and my mom have the same politics and sometimes I have this image of them crazy, wild eyed, eating cray cray berries and running around the playground that is FB screaming out stupid stuff and cheering each other on and cackling while everyone else tells them to sit down and read a freaking book.

It's kind of funny that my mother met her political match bc of my marriage but it can also be really scary.

He posted a meme of Dicaprio toasting the reader and it said something like, here's to all the women who are smart enough to know they have equal rights. And my mom responded, "Thankyou"

Shudder.

BigMck

Postby BigMck » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:33 am

Facebook is still the thing? Interesting.

Received an actual paper Christmas card from a friend that pointed me to a page that comprised their family year on Facebook.

Hope their year was fantastic.

Yeah, Facebook.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:30 am

I'm sorry that you're going through this. The best way to go that I know of is to see someone professional, but that can be hard. I know my friend always knew she had OCD but she never sought out help until it became debilitating at work. And even then I think she was relieved but sad.

OCD doesn't have to take over your life. If you talk to someone they can help you figure out not only what's going on but how to deal with it and manage it.

haha thanks. The only time I find it annoying is with the things I mentioned above. The reason why I think it's anxiety, is that I always have a crushing fear that I'm never doing my job well enough so I just want to always try to be perfect and work as hard as possible.

Who knows. It's manageable right now, but I think if it gets worse I'm gonna have to see/talk to someone.

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:23 am

haha thanks. The only time I find it annoying is with the things I mentioned above. The reason why I think it's anxiety, is that I always have a crushing fear that I'm never doing my job well enough so I just want to always try to be perfect and work as hard as possible.

Who knows. It's manageable right now, but I think if it gets worse I'm gonna have to see/talk to someone.
Me too. My boss talked to me about it.

BigMck

Postby BigMck » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:20 am

Facebook related question. My corporate recruiter suggested that we place a job posting on Facebook. For $300+, Facebook advertises there are 15,000 people within a zip code of a job opening I have.

Is there an employment section on Facebook and Twitter?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:39 am

Facebook related question. My corporate recruiter suggested that we place a job posting on Facebook. For $300+, Facebook advertises there are 15,000 people within a zip code of a job opening I have.

Is there an employment section on Facebook and Twitter?
There is, and it's heavily IT focused IIRC.