Estate Question

Viva la Ben

Estate Question

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:27 pm

DO YOUR JOB!

grunthy

Estate Question

Postby grunthy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:28 pm

I’m done. Don’t care enough to continue.

Silentom

Estate Question

Postby Silentom » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Thank god for that.

Troy Loney

Estate Question

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Damn, I thought we were going to be privy to some Latrobe high school gossip.

:pointinggunathead gif:

tifosi77

Estate Question

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:45 pm

dodint, this is a potentially awkward question, but are your wife and her brother both biological children of the same two parents? If yes, it looks like succession of the estate will indeed be equitably split between them.

You probably already sorted that out a while ago, but I'm working with facts that are only an hour or so old to me. :wink:

DigitalGypsy66

Estate Question

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

columbia

Estate Question

Postby columbia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:51 pm

This is uncomfortably weird and not in a good way.
way so.

columbia

Estate Question

Postby columbia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Damn, I thought we were going to be privy to some Latrobe high school gossip.

:pointinggunathead gif:
That time @dodint wore nothing but a Nedved jersey to school?
Totally need pics of that....

Silentom

Estate Question

Postby Silentom » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:16 pm

If he scored that day, then it was nothing but Nedved.

dodint

Estate Question

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:03 pm

dodint, this is a potentially awkward question, but are your wife and her brother both biological children of the same two parents? If yes, it looks like succession of the estate will indeed be equitably split between them.

You probably already sorted that out a while ago, but I'm working with facts that are only an hour or so old to me. :wink:
Yeah, they share the same mother and father. There is some weirdness where my FIL fathered a kid before marrying my MIL, but he died last year and left everything to her. Pretty sure that guy is assed out but judging by the complete lack of interaction between him and the current family he probably doesn't care.

Regarding the high school thing. nobody, because he believes we have some kind of connection due to time and proximity (I have no idea who he is, don't care), thinks he can pull some kind of stalker card. He has nothing on me. I made it into the military and now hold a TS clearance, if there was some issue plaguing my past of any significance I wouldn't have made it this far vocationally.
Back then I was, as I am now, intelligent, arrogant, introverted, and only mesh with a small but loyal group of people that I allow into my social circle. I choose to have friends I can devote time and energy to rather than fill my life with endless acquaintances. This combination of character traits rubs some people the wrong way, particularly in forced settings like high school and the military. I'm okay with it even if some people are not. I had my fair share of 'enemies' both in high school and in the military, I also made it through both without any significant reprimand or lasting issues. There is zero doubt in my mind that nobody knows someone that didn't play well with me and thought I was a 'moron' or 'loser' or whatever was stated. I left those people behind nearly two decades ago, I certainly don't care what they think of me now. Maybe he's friends with the guy who my wife dumped to be with me? Who knows, nobody cares.

Through high school I dated the same college girl the entire time, when we broke up after our graduations I started dating my wife and we've been happy ever since. There are no weird sexual things in my past, no one ever did anything to me and I never did anything to anyone that wasn't having as much fun as I was. To this day I'm still in touch with every person I've dated since 8th grade and we're all friendly.
I wasn't a stellar student because I had a near apathy for it. I was an editor on the school paper and was the officer of a few community outreach clubs, played hockey, etc. I did the things I wanted to do very well and mostly ignored the rest. They let me go to WCCC a half day my senior year because high school life just wasn't my thing. I did well enough that I got into St. Vincent College no problem. I have no skeletons in that closet either.

The accusation is weird and petty, but that's what we've come to expect of someone with that level of intelligence paired with no redeeming character. I just wanted to state this for the record despite the accusations being entirely meritless and without proof or even substance, lest anyone believe my silence signifies some kind of admission that his delusions are somehow validated.

You're a sad man. Get a handle on it because this message board is fun but ultimately not important. If you're struggling with this I fear there are bigger issues for you and your family to endure; get help.

dodint

Estate Question

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Oh, and stop PM'ing me.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Estate Question

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Dodint is cool

willeyeam

Estate Question

Postby willeyeam » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:08 pm

you don't need to explain yourself :fist:

dodint

Estate Question

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:09 pm

I know. But, thanks. :thumb:

columbia

Estate Question

Postby columbia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:11 pm

My review of the dodint post:

slappybrown

Estate Question

Postby slappybrown » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:15 pm

AuthorTony

Estate Question

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:16 pm

I enjoy reading the posts of virtually everyone here. There's only one person in 23 years of internetting that I've blocked/foed. And from what I gather from this thread, that was the right decision.

dodint

Estate Question

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:16 pm

So you want the estate to determine a value for the house? Seems like a given that the two parties would want to do different things with the property. I guess my question would be, if the ownership is split 50/50, can either party make a unilateral decision on the sale and sale price?
That's kind of what I was getting at but didn't express very well. Now that I know it's intestate it really narrows down what's going to happen. Had I known that before I might not have asked the question as my wife has always expressed to me that the house would be left "to both of us 50/50" which is a different mess than splitting the estate 50/50. Also, when intestate, there is no executor, just an administrator. I'm hoping in probate we can express to the court that my wife just wants the property and the court can pay out the balance to her brother. We'll see I guess. I try not to mix into it but the open secret is that I'm going to have to be the one to pay that extra mortgage so I do have a direct stake in reducing the balance if possible.
She was taken out of home care and to the hospital during this discussion so we do have bigger things to worry about at this point. I'm just trying to use what little spare time I have to manage expectations for what will happen later.

grunthy

Estate Question

Postby grunthy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:25 pm

My issue with you is when you said I was worse than a Nazi. Which is complete and utter garbage. It speaks more to me about your actual character than anything else. Go ahead and bash my intelligence and character if you want, it again just shows your true character again. I have no qualms with anyone I correspond with on the outside world, I just mess with certain people in here who get riled up every time I say something regardless of content.

You crossed a line with me when you made that Nazi comment. So I don’t give a **** if I crossed a line in my response to your garbage. I truly hope the situation with your wife is resolved so she doesn’t have to stress about it. I cannot say the same for you though.

Oh and just because you have a TS clearance doesn’t mean you don’t have things you are hiding. I know several that did dumbass things that would disqualify them from TS if ever found out.

Viva la Ben

Estate Question

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:26 pm

um this should end.

Shyster

Estate Question

Postby Shyster » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:30 pm

I believe the value of the house would be fair market value, which would be set by an appraiser. If the parties cannot agree on an appraiser, an appraiser would likely be appointed by the court. I think the house/property is going to be appraised regardless, because the executor or administrator will need to set a value for it when it comes to the final statements for the estate, the final tax returns, etc.

It is certainly possible for heirs to come to settlements and to agree to take property in kind, so for example your wife could agree to take the house and her brother could agree to take other assets like bank accounts.

grunthy

Estate Question

Postby grunthy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:30 pm

um this should end.
It was over. Then he had to insult my character and intelligence again.

dodint

Estate Question

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Literally the entire post in question:
Today is the day nobody goes on ignore. The utility of the move justifies it as the task of slogging through the posts in this thread now outweighs any positive contributions he makes elsewhere on the board.

I encourage you all to do the same.

And I'm someone that thinks the Nazi's should be afforded a platform. Put that into perspective. ;)
I'm sorry you got so upset by it, but given we were in the context of discussing Charlottesville and media coverage I don't think it was out of line or remotely personal.

grunthy

Estate Question

Postby grunthy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:39 pm

I’m not sure how that doesn’t imply my posts or personal opinions are worse than Nazis and don’t deserve a platform, but ok.....

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Estate Question

Postby count2infinity » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:43 pm

I think we all know with dodint, it's more this: