Blackjack's Thread of Illness and Ailments

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:16 pm

Get well soon Skully. Lots of pedialyte if you can get it.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:27 pm

Get well soon Skully. Lots of pedialyte if you can get it.
My wife is sick not me lol.

Going back and looking I guess my post wasnt that clear heh.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:43 pm

Hah, no, that's on me. Well then, get your wife Pedialyte man!

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed May 25, 2022 8:45 am

Broke my 5th metatarsal last Thursday cutting the grass. Was real worried about surgery because that's just my luck, but was told to walk on it, in the boot as my pain tolerance allows. I feel like a different human after hearing that positive news.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:21 pm

Received, I'm hoping, the final bill from my 3 1/2 day hospital stay in SC: $53K. Insane. My part is $2.5K. Sucks.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:46 am

are you going to try to negotiate it down?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:47 am

How do you do that? Go through the charges line by line and dispute some?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:55 am

I sprained my foot/big toe trying to catch a slip golfing last weekend. Still can't put weight on the toe without pain, nor do I have full flexion in it. Good news though is the pain has centralized in the big toe joint instead of being my entire foot.

My right calf (side of the sprain) is on fire from trying to walk.

3.5 weeks out and I still can't walk normally or put more than a small amount of weight through the toe. Sunday was the best it's been since the injury, but I went to bed and woke up with bruising all around the joint. I'm beginning to wonder if the NP missed something in the X Ray.

Of course, my luck, the closest appointment I could get with an ortho is in a week (over 2 weeks from when I made the appointment).

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:58 am

I've seen articles in the past on this, so you definitely want to do some Googling to see what options may be available to you.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:01 am

I sprained my foot/big toe trying to catch a slip golfing last weekend. Still can't put weight on the toe without pain, nor do I have full flexion in it. Good news though is the pain has centralized in the big toe joint instead of being my entire foot.

3.5 weeks out and I still can't walk normally or put more than a small amount of weight through the toe. Sunday was the best it's been since the injury, but I went to bed and woke up with bruising all around the joint. I'm beginning to wonder if the NP missed something in the X Ray.

Of course, my luck, the closest appointment I could get with an ortho is in a week (over 2 weeks from when I made the appointment).
That sucks man, hope it gets better soon.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:10 am

Google is your friend in this case. you can also hire people to negotiate it down for you though I have no idea what those people charge.
you can also look into whether the hospital has financial assistance. I got a hospital bill yesterday and noticed that it included a link to apply for FA.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:48 am

I don't know if it's the nonsense going on at work right now, our upcoming vacation, or covid, but I have had anxiety hit me like a tank these past few days. Never really had issues with it before, but it's relentless to the point of me feeling like **** most of the day. This vacation really can't come soon enough so that I can just try and relax and enjoy things.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:43 am

That hit me back in Feb/Mar. I almost went to counseling for it. I've had nighttime panic attacks off and on since the military so I didn't think too much of it but it was a very low point for me. I had COVID in January.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:58 am

I don't think it's bad enough to warrant that yet, but if it continues past vacation time, I'll likely consider my options.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:12 am

That hit me back in Feb/Mar. I almost went to counseling for it. I've had nighttime panic attacks off and on since the military so I didn't think too much of it but it was a very low point for me. I had COVID in January.
Sorry to hear this but hope it's getting better. Ditto NTP.

I woke up a few weeks ago in the middle of the night having literally sweat through my clothes. I can't even remember the last time that happened, but that sucked.

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:49 pm

I too have found myself lately in just a bit of a depression. I dunno what exactly it is, it seems like a bunch of small things. Every day a new medical bill shows up. They're all on payment plans and we can afford them, it just keeps mounting is all. Then work is pretty depressing in the sense that I'm not providing a ton of value right now. Life feels like a race to 8 o'clock when the kids go to bed and I sit on the couch and melt my brain until it's time to go to sleep. The weather has been kind of crap the past few days. My therapy used to be to go for a drive up the mountain but you can't even do that without the anxiety that it's costing you more than a copay at the therapist :lol:

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:54 pm

I woke up a few weeks ago in the middle of the night having literally sweat through my clothes. I can't even remember the last time that happened, but that sucked.
My son has been experiencing this. He thinks he had covid but was never tested (vaxxed and boosted).

Did you have covid?

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:56 pm

That was about the worst symptom I had during my bout with Covid. That and being freezing cold with sweats and a blanket.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:06 pm

My son has been experiencing this. He thinks he had covid but was never tested (vaxxed and boosted).

Did you have covid?
I've never tested positive, and never had symptoms.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:03 pm

Received, I'm hoping, the final bill from my 3 1/2 day hospital stay in SC: $53K. Insane. My part is $2.5K. Sucks.
That's just bananas. I feel for you.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:09 pm

Re anxiety

There's a guy in my weekly group therapy who was suffering pretty horrible panic attacks. (His first meeting since I joined the group was.......... rough) I don't know if you've sought medical attention as opposed to other clinical options, but there are things they can give you that can shut down attacks like that in like 20 minutes. (Things that don't lead to other harmful health effects or addictions) Gabapentin comes to mind, even thought it's still off-label for anxiety.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:47 am

You would have thought I would have learned last year not to mess with poison ivy....but somehow I managed to get it again, though not quite as bad as last year at least not yet.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:56 am

Gotta be real careful what you wipe with, mate.

Kane

Postby Kane » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:57 am

Zanfel is great for ivy. It kills the urshiol oil.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:07 pm

Can confirm no breaks or dislocations from the ortho trip. They gave me a boot, and now I have to wait a **** month to get an MRI.