Blackjack's Thread of Illness and Ailments

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:14 pm

Mine wasn’t too bad, I don’t think. Around $1500 out of pocket for me.
No, that isn't bad. I was quoted 2.5K but that may have been before insurance.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:41 am

I think I got a stomach bug of some sort. My wife has been feeling sick but not throwing up, so she thought it was because of the antibiotic she started taking. Last night though, I started feeling sick after dinner and had to get up to throw up in the middle of the night. Haven't thrown up since then, but also haven't eaten anything. Now I am achy all over, extremely tired, and can't get warm. Our daughter was at least healthy enough to go to daycare, but my wife couldn't get off the toilet so I had to take her. I really hope she stays healthy or my wife gets better soon, because I don't know how we'll manage if all three of us are sick

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:45 am

Source of the post Now I am achy all over, extremely tired, and can't get warm.
I had this last year, and figured it was a really bad stomach bug, too. First time I had thrown up in over 20 years.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:47 am

Source of the post Now I am achy all over, extremely tired, and can't get warm.
I had this last year, and figured it was a really bad stomach bug, too. First time I had thrown up in over 20 years.
Yea, I can't remember the last time I puked, but it definitely wasn't over 20 years ago. Do you remember how long you were sick for?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:51 am

Source of the post Do you remember how long you were sick for?
About two days, and the first night was definitely the worst. No medication seemed to help, and going from sweating my ass off to freezing in the span of an hour was ridiculous.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:53 am

At one point, I had four or five of my wife's hand-knitted blankets on top of me - we're talking thick cotton blankets - and I just couldn't get warm. It was crazy. The same thing had happened to me when we were first dating. Here's hoping I never get it again.

Kane

Postby Kane » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:55 am

I had that a couple months ago. Sucked.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:41 pm

Thanks for the info. So far the chills haven't been that bad so hopefully it is a mild case.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:19 pm

At one point, I had four or five of my wife's hand-knitted blankets on top of me - we're talking thick cotton blankets - and I just couldn't get warm. It was crazy. The same thing had happened to me when we were first dating. Here's hoping I never get it again.
Then you wake up an hour later drenched in sweat and have to wash all the sheets. Fun times.

Nuge

Postby Nuge » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:37 pm

Got myself a Valentine's Day date with the urologist for a vesectomy consult. I've done plenty of reading about the procedure. what should be expecting for the consult?

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:47 pm

Got myself a Valentine's Day date with the urologist for a vesectomy consult. I've done plenty of reading about the procedure. what should be expecting for the consult?
Then asking you if you are sure several times. Paperwork and pamphlets on the procedure. If it’s scalpel or no scalpel (I had the no scalpel one done) etc. Them asking you if you are sure.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:27 pm

Then asking you if you are sure several times. Paperwork and pamphlets on the procedure. If it’s scalpel or no scalpel (I had the no scalpel one done) etc. Them asking you if you are sure.
They’ll also do a quick examination to make sure the vas deferns are accessible. So yeah paperwork, pamphlets, are you sure, and a quick feel around.

It’s also a good time to ask any questions you have.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:41 pm

You're getting your balls cupped on valentines day bud

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:55 pm

They’ll also do a quick examination to make sure the vas deferns are accessible. So yeah paperwork, pamphlets, are you sure, and a quick feel around.

Had to have my wife with me so she could acknowledge that I was having it done.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:59 am

Really? That seems wrong

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:07 am

Yeah that’s very wrong. I didn’t have to do anything like that.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:12 am

Yeah my wife did not go to my consult, or followup or anything regarding my vasectomy. That seems very very wrong.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:30 am

At first I read that as blackjacks wife insisting on being there, not a requirement from the clinic. :lol:

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:23 am

I'm having extreme post-golf trip booze withdrawal today... I am in a world of pain after 4 nights of drinking like I did 15 years ago.

Day 2 of 40 dry days here...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:59 pm

Our daughter finally got bloodwork done today after feeling like crap since the weekend. She is positive for Flu A and her numbers are all over the place, but CHOP thinks it's just the flu affecting her. Will retest in two weeks.

I got the shot a month ago, haven't had any symptoms. I was surprised when both the doctor and school said our son can go as usual if he has no symptoms... I guess the covid era has drilled isolation into me for everything :lol:

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:03 pm

Had to have my wife with me so she could acknowledge that I was having it done.
MY BALLS MY CHOICE

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:34 pm

We've had influenza A in the house all week. Started with our daughter, then my wife, and my son just came down with a fever last night. My daughter had bloodwork done on Wednesday and it was all over the place, gonna have it retested in two weeks to make sure it's just the flu effects.

Flu shot seems to be working for me but now wishing the whole family would have gotten it.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:49 pm

Got a message on our soccer team app that one of the girls from the older team, who practices with our team often, wasn’t feeling well after a game last week so they went to CHOP. Diagnosed with bone cancer, already starting treatment. No idea what the prognosis is, but that basically just gutted me. I feel awful for her and her family.

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:58 pm

Man F cancer..

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:29 pm

Just received a bill for over $2k for surgery I had last March. Apparently it took all this time to settle the claim. The total bill was $194K. Flex spending will cover half of what I owe but I was not expecting this given how long ago it was.