Gianni Infantino is a criminal.

Viva la Ben

Soccer Discussion

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:10 am

r/worldcupqatarstrophy

robbiestoupe

Soccer Discussion

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:37 am

Question about the WC games. Do you have to watch the games live, or is there a way to watch the game later on a streaming service? Want my kids to be able to watch, but the games will be on during school.
I haven't found a definitive answer to this. The Fox Sports app says they carry full length replays of sporting events, but I don't trust them until I see it for certain. All of the standard streaming services with a live TV option usually come with a recording option. I've churned my way through week long Hulu and Fubo trials to be able to record big sporting events that matter to me, so that's an option as well. Peacock Premium has event replays after 24 hours for EPL, not sure if it's a shorter time for other events, and they're the "STREAMING HOME OF FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022™ IN SPANISH" if you want to learn a new language while watching.
Finally found an answer to this. Tubi is offering replays of all games 30 minutes after they air. There are commercials, but for free and available in 4k, that's not a big deal. My goal is to watch all the US games live, then probably get a YouTube TV plan for the rest of the games (they have a free trial period but it's not specific on their website. Google says anywhere from 7-30 days). My kids can watch the US replays on Tubi.

Dickie Dunn

Soccer Discussion

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:53 am

Question about the WC games. Do you have to watch the games live, or is there a way to watch the game later on a streaming service? Want my kids to be able to watch, but the games will be on during school.
I haven't found a definitive answer to this. The Fox Sports app says they carry full length replays of sporting events, but I don't trust them until I see it for certain. All of the standard streaming services with a live TV option usually come with a recording option. I've churned my way through week long Hulu and Fubo trials to be able to record big sporting events that matter to me, so that's an option as well. Peacock Premium has event replays after 24 hours for EPL, not sure if it's a shorter time for other events, and they're the "STREAMING HOME OF FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022™ IN SPANISH" if you want to learn a new language while watching.
Finally found an answer to this. Tubi is offering replays of all games 30 minutes after they air. There are commercials, but for free and available in 4k, that's not a big deal. My goal is to watch all the US games live, then probably get a YouTube TV plan for the rest of the games (they have a free trial period but it's not specific on their website. Google says anywhere from 7-30 days). My kids can watch the US replays on Tubi.
Awesome. Thanks for the update. I was planning to just upgrade Hulu but I'll check out what YouTube TV has to offer. USA and Mexico matches will have my attention, but this is like March Madness to me. I'll have something on as background noise the entire work day.

robbiestoupe

Soccer Discussion

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:58 am

Yep, normally wfh is only allowed if there is an emergency or something going on at home that requires you being there (deliveries, etc). This isn't an emergency (saving that for the playoffs, Uncle Sam willing), but there is a need at home so wfh on Monday it is :D

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Soccer Discussion

Postby count2infinity » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:11 am

It’ll be a catch up week next week since I was traveling this week. In other words, I’ll be at my computer all day Monday. You can be damn sure the USA game will be on one monitor in the afternoon.

willeyeam

Soccer Discussion

Postby willeyeam » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:04 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the update. I was planning to just upgrade Hulu but I'll check out what YouTube TV has to offer. USA and Mexico matches will have my attention, but this is like March Madness to me. I'll have something on as background noise the entire work day.
Have you thought about fubu?

Dickie Dunn

Soccer Discussion

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:05 pm

Have you thought about fubu?
Daily

Dickie Dunn

Soccer Discussion

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:29 pm

Going to get re-elected unopposed. It's good to be king.

Gaucho

Soccer Discussion

Postby Gaucho » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:23 am

Trip McNeely

Soccer Discussion

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:44 am

He gets re-elected because each country has an equal vote so these FIFA scumbags basically buy votes of small countries. It’s a ridiculous system

Trip McNeely

Soccer Discussion

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:45 am

Qatar reverses their decision less than a week before the World Cup.

I truly hope this a total disaster

tifosi77

Soccer Discussion

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:55 am

Wow, all of this chaos is so very surprising and unexpected.

Viva la Ben

Soccer Discussion

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:02 am

“What could go wrong”

robbiestoupe

Soccer Discussion

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:41 am

Started watching FIFA Uncovered on Netflix yesterday. I don't follow soccer much, just the outskirts for the most part. If I had more free time, I'd probably follow UEFA a bit more. But I know enough to understand FIFA is corrupt. This documentary is helping provide some of the background as to how and why it is so corrupt.

They had one line in there that pretty much summed it up for me. The fans don't really care, they just want to watch soccer. FIFA knows this and is able to get away with a lot. I know this whole Qatar situation is terrible and they shouldn't have come within 500 miles of this place, but in the end I'm just here to watch some world class soccer.

Viva la Ben

Soccer Discussion

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:50 am

Was Qatar selected before or after the yuge fifa scandal that happened years and years ago?

Dickie Dunn

Soccer Discussion

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:07 am

Was Qatar selected before or after the yuge fifa scandal that happened years and years ago?
The aforementioned documentary on Netflix is a good watch, but Qatar winning over the US caused the US to investigate FIFA and led to the outcome of the yuge scandal. I haven't finished the documentary yet, but I think the gist of this situation boils down to Qatar owning PSG and

tifosi77

Soccer Discussion

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:45 am

He gets re-elected because each country has an equal vote so these FIFA scumbags basically buy votes of small countries. It’s a ridiculous system
So FIFA has a Senate, do they have a lower chamber?

Trip McNeely

Soccer Discussion

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:06 pm

The aforementioned documentary on Netflix is a good watch, but Qatar winning over the US caused the US to investigate FIFA and led to the outcome of the yuge scandal. I haven't finished the documentary yet, but I think the gist of this situation boils down to Qatar owning PSG and

I don’t believe a thing that Sept Blatter says. Not saying that’s not true but he’s full of **** and was the main reason Qatar was selected

Gaucho

Soccer Discussion

Postby Gaucho » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:47 am

Gianni Infantino is a giant POS.

Trip McNeely

Soccer Discussion

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:16 am

That speech was something else. What a total scumbag

shafnutz05

Soccer Discussion

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:45 am

That speech was something else. What a total scumbag
Just came in here to post this. Holy ****.

Dickie Dunn

Soccer Discussion

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:03 pm

Benzema out.