Pro Wrasslin' Thread

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:43 am

Becky beating Bianca is fine. Her squashing Bianca is not. WWE spent months building Bianca up as the baby face champ, the crowd has been behind her. And then she gets squashed in 5 minutes. Hopefully the plan is for Becky to be a heel because that was heelish as hell.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:29 pm

Literally the only thing I can think of is that Sasha was supposed to win and when she wasn't cleared they quickly slapped Becky in despite not being ready for a match?

Doesnt excuse it but just trying to work out wtf they were possibly thinking cuz it was dumb.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:42 pm

WWE is great at making a half empty stadium look packed.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:01 pm

Wonder why they thought running a football stadium was a good idea at this point in time?

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:16 pm

what is Brock Lesnar Guy gonna do when that shirt wears out?

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:37 pm

So basically, the whole Nikki ASH run was to +1 Charlotte's title count. Keep up the good work, Vince.
I went back and looked at the length of her title reigns and it's worse than I thought.
Divas' Champ - 196 days
Smackdown Womens' Champ - 1 day (technically 4:55), 5 days, 12 days, 28 days, 147 days (193 days)
RAW Womens' Champ - 1 day, 1+ day (current), 29 days, 43 days 57 days, 113 days (244 days)

I didn't go back to look at NXT, but I remember one run as champion was long and the most recent run wasn't as long.

But out of the 12 runs on RAW and Smackdown, only three out of 12 of her title reigns were longer than two months. I'm not saying it's stat padding, but... ok, yeah, it is stat padding.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:49 am

Source of the post Hopefully the plan is for Becky to be a heel because that was heelish as hell.
PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple WWE sources that Becky Lynch is now a heel.
https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=150045

Welp, at least I was right. She beat Bianca like a heel so this isn't very surprising. What's dumb is that WWE expects people to boo her.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:43 am

Becky beating Bianca is fine. Her squashing Bianca is not. WWE spent months building Bianca up as the baby face champ, the crowd has been behind her. And then she gets squashed in 5 minutes. Hopefully the plan is for Becky to be a heel because that was heelish as hell.
They announced on WOR that Becky was a heel. I truthfully believed that the powers that be, are out to squash anything that came from the NXT under Hunter's command.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:45 am

I just hate the WWE anymore. Everyone that's tied to it is boring. AEW really needs to keep with the good momentum, but it's not going to matter. WWE prints money, and they can afford to do this.

Only thing I marginally enjoy is that FOX and Cable are upset WWE is making these dogshit decisions.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:54 am

Becky being heel is another example of WWE not getting it. Or worse, they get it but they go against the grain to keep the audience guessing. Just **** give people what they want. People want to cheer Becky. When she left, she was your most over babyface. She went out graciously, handing the belt over to who she thought was a worthy replacement. She left to have a baby, and she was so happy that she was starting a family. She comes back as a new mother, crowd goes wild for her return, but instead of just letting fans enjoy it, WWE immediately pulls the rug out from under it by having her beat Bianca in seconds and be a heel.

Imagine if Punk came back to WWE how different his return would've been. Firstly, it would've been announced ahead of time with Cole hyping it on TV for weeks. It would've been saved until the end of the show. Cult of Personality hits, crowd goes wild, and out walks Miz or some other **** face heel smirking and taunting the crowd. "You idiots really thought CM Punk was going to be here?" Boring generic heel ****. Then Cult of Personality hits again, Punk walks out, throws a few punches and tosses Miz over the ropes. Punk stares off into the distance as the show fades out and Michael Cole screams "OH MY CM Punk is back!"

Oh and then Punk goes on to lose to Miz in his first match back because WWE has to teach him a lesson.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:09 am

So apparently Adam Cole is officially a free agent. I really hope AEW can snag him because he can be a huge star and WWE will certainly screw it up.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:13 am

So apparently Adam Cole is officially a free agent. I really hope AEW can snag him because he can be a huge star and WWE will certainly screw it up.
I saw that report too but the wording very carefully said that it was his final night in NXT, not WWE. I'm expecting him to end up on Raw, not Dynamite.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:15 am

I saw that report too but the wording very carefully said that it was his final night in NXT, not WWE. I'm expecting him to end up on Raw, not Dynamite.
Sadly, that is more likely, but the article I read said he has not signed a contract with WWE at this time.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:30 am

I don't see why anyone, especially of Cole's stature, would stay in the WWE. THere's literally no chance for success up there, as he's not a really big dude. Go to AEW be with your wife and friends, and actually get to wrestle. Sounds like all in for Cole.

Unless they offered me $10mm a year os something ridiculous, I bet AEW would match it.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:55 am

I just hate the WWE anymore. Everyone that's tied to it is boring. AEW really needs to keep with the good momentum, but it's not going to matter. WWE prints money, and they can afford to do this.

Only thing I marginally enjoy is that FOX and Cable are upset WWE is making these dogshit decisions.
The only thing I do with WWE anymore is read the post-show updates and follow the news. It's just not worth watching anymore.

I would say that I'm glad that FOX and NBC via USA are pissed at WWE, but the company is too stupid to fix their mistakes. As long as they see revenue coming in, nothing is going to change. No stars will be made and they'll continue to run on 40+ year old retreads like Lesnar and Goldberg.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:06 pm

Fox will be throwing about $1b to WWE until at least 2024. NBC Universal will pay another $1b+ for Raw until 2024. They will also be throwing another $1b to WWE for the Peacock/WWE Network deal until 2026. I couldn't find how much NBCU is paying for NXT but that's another multi-year deal.

So yeah, WWE is set for a while until it's time to renegotiate.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:21 pm

I don't know anything about wrestling, but I watch about once every 6 months. one of my guilty 5af pleasures is coming into this thread after a big wrestling event and listen to you people piss and moan about the crappy product. you guys are almost as bad as pitt fans when it comes to complaining (and still watching)

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:30 pm

Well, I don't really watch WWE outside of clips on reddit. No way would I sign up to watch an entire event, so I guess yea, it is just like Pitt. :(

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:11 pm

lol.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:16 pm

Sadly, that is more likely, but the article I read said he has not signed a contract with WWE at this time.
Or maybe not...
WWE sources have confirmed that Adam Cole has departed the company.

It is not a case of Cole having signed a new deal for the main roster and being hidden until his debut. If he comes to terms with WWE at a later time, obviously he could return.
https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=150102

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:28 pm

Good for Cole, go do big things in AEW.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:59 pm

lol.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:24 pm

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:13 am

As a guy who once directed very low stakes high school football broadcasts... holy ****.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:00 am

I may dive back into wrestling with AEW. I don’t think there will ever be a Monday Night Wars situation again but it seems like WWE will always be the Walmart of wrestling and AEW could be the Trader Joe’s.