Politics And Current Events

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:24 am

why would you include philanderer as a comparable for white supremacist?

JFK voted against civil rights before as well.
There are two ways to look at his vote against the '57 civil rights bill when he was a Senator: The first being that he didn't want to antagonize southern Democrats, because he was always operating with one eye on 1600 Penn Ave. The other being that he didn't feel it went far enough. Seeing as how he himself insisted that a civil rights act be part of the Democratic Party platform in 1960 (which sort of negates the first interpretation of the vote), and that he had a major televised address on the subject his third year in office, and that he himself called for Congress to create the legislation that ultimately became the 1964 Civil Rights Act.... I think the 1957 vote has enough context.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:51 am

OK, this seriously makes me want to vomit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=60&v=DRJnkBqwzOQ

So an illegal immigrant now is directing a show, in the United States, highlighting why white people should feel guilty about their status in the world. Listen, I've come around on social issues in a lot of ways....I really have. But this guy can seriously get ****, along with everyone involved with the making of this show.

It's a good thing that we have become more progressive as a society, I truly believe that. But I also feel that there is going to be a breaking point when a lot of normal-minded people get fed up. As one comment noted, imagine if we created a show called "Black People", highlighting the incredibly out-of-proportion percentages of murders and rapes said population is responsible for.

White people have done a lot of crappy stuff, no doubt. But the apologist movement for the sins of our ancestors is getting to be nauseating beyond belief.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:55 am

Ancestors? Look around you.

We're terrible.

Avyran

Postby Avyran » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:59 am

Everyone is terrible. That's the key thing. Those in power will trample the ones who are different. It has occurred in every continent & country. (Edit: Yeah, I figured shaf would provide a longer response after me... ah well, can't delete it now. :P )
Last edited by Avyran on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:00 am

Ancestors? Look around you.

We're terrible.
Human beings are terrible. That's my point. The concept of creating a show that exclusively targets white people as perpetrators of atrocities is hideous. Even more outrageous that it is being directed by a person that shouldn't even be here in the first place. The majority (percentage-wise) of murders in 2015 are committed by black people. The majority (percentage-wise) of rapes are committed by black people, mainly upon white victims.

MTV sucks, we all know this, but this takes it a step too far. An illegal immigrant hosting a show highlighting why white people are horrible human beings and how we should be apologizing constantly for the actions of our fellow caucasians. Seriously, **** this guy, and everything about this show. If we were so awful, he'd be back in his home country...but yet, here he is, suddenly a successful entrepreneur despite the horrible oppression that exists here.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:07 am

If we were so awful, he'd be back in his home country...but yet, here he is, suddenly a successful entrepreneur despite the horrible oppression that exists here.
You say that almost as if the current front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination didn't vault himself into that position by aggressively pursuing this very point.

You say that as if 23 members of the South Carolina legislature didn't just fight tooth-and-nail to maintain a symbol - on the grounds of the state government - of racial oppression.

We're a-holes, white people. And soon, we'll be the minority; we already are here in CA.

Avyran

Postby Avyran » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:16 am

If we were so awful, he'd be back in his home country...but yet, here he is, suddenly a successful entrepreneur despite the horrible oppression that exists here.
You say that almost as if the current front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination didn't vault himself into that position by aggressively pursuing this very point.

You say that as if 23 members of the South Carolina legislature didn't just fight tooth-and-nail to maintain a symbol - on the grounds of the state government - of racial oppression.

We're a-holes, white people. And soon, we'll be the minority; we already are here in CA.
The Japanese government still fights to repress the history of comfort women, the rape of Nanking, the oppression of Korea, etc. China refuses to discuss the situation of North Korean refugees, or underground Christians, etc. North Korea's its own level of hell. South Korea hides the woes of immigrants in rural areas, ignores the needs of handicapped & others, very recently (five three years ago) used blackface in its biggest comedy show & struggled to understand the foreigner outrage (the racism in that country... and in Japan... my god), etc. Should I discuss India & their treatment of untouchables? Saudi Arabia & all non-Muslims (or even non-Sunnis)? Israel versus all of Arabia? I'm not even gonna touch Africa.

Everyone is ****, and everyone should be aware of it... but it should not be glorified like some people try to do so with white privilege, using it to shame an entire people-group.

Edit: Damn it shaf, stop posting after me, haha. I want to delete stuff if someone else responds. :P
Last edited by Avyran on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:18 am

So maybe we are a-holes. Are black people a-holes? Is the segment of the population that is most likely to commit acts of murder and rape a-holes? Or are they (still) just a victim of circumstance? "Collective guilt" sickens me. No one, black, white, or otherwise, should ever feel compelled to admit guilt for the actions of people they don't know.

lt really comes to a point where progressive politics get shoved down your throat, and this show is a prime example of that. Have white people had it better since 1960? Of course. But it is sickening to see white people that, despite the fact they live honest lives and try and help out less fortunate folks, get reduced to tears for the sins of their fathers.

Seriously, get over it. You aren't responsible for it, just try and be a good person. If you are seriously crying because you feel you are responsible for some social injustice you had no part in, find a frigging therapist. It's pathetic.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:18 am

I'm not an a-hole and you just posted in the other thread that you hate the use of "we" and "us"...so...yeah.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:27 am

Guilt by association. :wink:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:33 am

Have white people had it better since AD 1060? Of course.
:pop:

ExPatriatePen

Postby ExPatriatePen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:30 am

Jeb Bush has a solution to our economic woes:
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush on Wednesday seemed to propose a bold solution for economic troubles: “People should work longer hours,” drawing negative reactions from critics who suggested the last thing Americans need is to work more.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/j ... z3fQjCkgbB
Well, I know it's just anecdota, but working hard paid off for me :pop:
what's wrong with liberals that they think not working hard is how to get ahead? The government should support you? Every dollar the government "gives away" it takes from someone else (and takes a piece to support their own massive bureaucracy.)

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:51 am

N.Y. Times keeps Cruz off bestseller list
"In the case of this book, the overwhelming preponderance of evidence was that sales were limited to strategic bulk purchases,"
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 ... 10254.html

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:00 am

Have white people had it better since AD 1060? Of course.
:pop:
Sure. But seeing grown adults weeping because of the "privilege" they were born with is nauseating. For some reason, there is a portion of the population that is heavily into self-flagellation for the color of their skin, and I don't get it. I guess there are other shortcomings in their life.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:02 am

Jeb Bush has a solution to our economic woes:
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush on Wednesday seemed to propose a bold solution for economic troubles: “People should work longer hours,” drawing negative reactions from critics who suggested the last thing Americans need is to work more.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/j ... z3fQjCkgbB
Well, I know it's just anecdota, but working hard paid off for me :pop:
what's wrong with liberals that they think not working hard is how to get ahead? The government should support you? Every dollar the government "gives away" it takes from someone else (and takes a piece to support their own massive bureaucracy.)
Yes - The glamorous life of welfare. Do you think anyone getting money from the state feels like they're "getting ahead".

Seems like everyone realizes it's just taking the easy way to tread water.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:07 am

As usual on here, you are responding to a point that nobody made.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:28 am

I was going to respond, but was too lazy.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:40 am

Are the site ads randomly generated? Just noticed a vote Ben Carson ad on here this morning.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:47 am

lol, with adsense they can be produced from your recent browsing history. That's why shad was getting muslim dating site ads.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:58 am

Are the site ads randomly generated? Just noticed a vote Ben Carson ad on here this morning.
Dr. Ben. :thumb:

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:59 am

lol, with adsense they can be produced from your recent browsing history. That's why shad was getting muslim dating site ads.
It probably found traces of Mia Khalifa in his history.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:00 am

This seems a little ridiculous. A prison with no visitations allowed at all? And then charging out the wazoo for phone calls. It's almost like they WANT prisoners to have all their outside ties cut so when they leave there's no support system and they end up back in jail. Yikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9AATaEG0AE&app=desktop

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:18 am

Interesting. I did a quick search on Carson a couple weeks ago to see who he was. 5AF be spying on me. *dons tinfoil hat*

:slug:

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:20 am

I definitely don't feel any guilt for my upbringing or who I am. No one should. If you do feel guilt for who you are or where you came from, to me you are pathetic.

double m v.2.0

Postby double m v.2.0 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:23 am

Yea, prisons are terrible. Just look at ACJ and the two people that recently died. One of those people couldn't get the seizure meds that they really needed. The private healthcare in the jails was the worst. Luckily they are gone.