You know what really grinds my gears...

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Also confused about what difference it makes...

Craig

Postby Craig » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:40 pm

Also confused about what difference it makes...

Im not confused. There should be no reason to spend credit or money that can be spent anywhere before spending a gift card that can only be spent one place.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:00 pm

Mrs Tif likes use the gift cards for home purchases. In most cases, I'm the only one who is going to watch these TV shows. I basically used her rewards cards intended for stuff we will both use (or that she herself uses) for something that only I only predominantly I will be making use of.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:17 pm

Yeah, our dog definitely doesn't have a boring life. Dude basically runs a 6 acre section of Beaver County. Moles and rabbits beware.
Didn't realize you lived in my home County.

I like you PFiDC, you're alright
Don't confuse where I live with The Quippa :slug: :D

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:22 pm

Yeah, our dog definitely doesn't have a boring life. Dude basically runs a 6 acre section of Beaver County. Moles and rabbits beware.
Didn't realize you lived in my home County.

I like you PFiDC, you're alright
Don't confuse where I live with The Quippa :slug: :D
I figured you for living in one of those nice neighborhoods off broadhead

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:28 am

Mrs Tif likes use the gift cards for home purchases. In most cases, I'm the only one who is going to watch these TV shows. I basically used her rewards cards intended for stuff we will both use (or that she herself uses) for something that only I only predominantly I will be making use of.
I don't think that you can change the default preference on the Fire, but the simple solution here would be to simply buy her another gift card to replace the value that you used.

On a related note, I sign up for webinars, click on links, etc. all the time at work through some middleman company, and average about $75/year in Amazon gift cards. Totally worth the minimal effort.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:00 am

People who insist on scheduling meetings after you e-mail them a question. Decline - no, thank you. Just answer the GD question, which is yes or no.

Craig

Postby Craig » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:06 am

I don't think that you can change the default preference on the Fire, but the simple solution here would be to simply buy her another gift card to replace the value that you used.

On a related note, I sign up for webinars, click on links, etc. all the time at work through some middleman company, and average about $75/year in Amazon gift cards. Totally worth the minimal effort.
We are on amazon so often that we have seperate accounts so that we can shop for eachother without seeing what was purchased. You can link multiple accounts with the same prime subscription so it doesnt create any issues.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:08 am

My wife is part of my Amazon "Household" for the Prime benefits, too. Can't imagine not having Prime, to be honest.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 am

After my son's 19-2 little league loss last night (to drop to 0-11), we ordered our participation trophies. :lol:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:30 am

After my son's 19-2 little league loss last night (to drop to 0-11), we ordered our participation trophies. :lol:
I totally would have ordered "League Champions" trophies, if only to piss off the other coaches you keep referring to.

Craig

Postby Craig » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:49 am

My wife is part of my Amazon "Household" for the Prime benefits, too. Can't imagine not having Prime, to be honest.
Funny story. She had fraud on her discover card that was discovered last night.(nbd discover is outstanding) but they were verifying purchases and they were like amazon pirchase today, amazon purchase yesterday, amazon purchase 4/21 and we both started laughing about it. I think we get a azon deliveries more days than not.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:52 am

Source of the post I think we get a azon deliveries more days than not.
When I was in Iraq/Afghan I would get "Amazon Amnesia." I'd order something, completely forget, and a week or two later a box would show up. It was awesome.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:11 am

Funny story. She had fraud on her discover card that was discovered last night.(nbd discover is outstanding) but they were verifying purchases and they were like amazon pirchase today, amazon purchase yesterday, amazon purchase 4/21 and we both started laughing about it. I think we get a azon deliveries more days than not.
My wife would hate to be on that call. She already knows that I order everything from Amazon (averaging 2 orders/week), and that would push her over the edge. :lol:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:16 am

Source of the post I think we get a azon deliveries more days than not.
When I was in Iraq/Afghan I would get "Amazon Amnesia." I'd order something, completely forget, and a week or two later a box would show up. It was awesome.
Those are the best weeks. This is why I cut up the boxes and throw them into the recycling bin before my wife gets home:

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:18 am

Black kitty ftw

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:18 am

hah.

I've been saving Prime Pantry boxes for our next move. The attic space above my garage is full of them. Those boxes are incredibly sturdy, have handles, and are just the right size.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:25 am

Source of the post Black kitty ftw
You'd think that she was waiting for me to open the box so that she could play in it, but no, she's a lazy turd.

Want to hear something funny? For all of the Amazon boxes that I receive on a weekly basis, any time I have to return something (rare), I never have one on hand. Of course, I usually just wait a day or two, but I still find that funny.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:04 am

I totally would have ordered "League Champions" trophies, if only to piss off the other coaches you keep referring to.
I am texting our coach before he places the order with the trophy company. Seriously. At the end of the season ceremony, they usually have the team come up, and I will get the PA announcer to announce the team as the champs. That would be glorious. :lol:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:04 pm

I 1000% back this strategy. :thumb:

Craig

Postby Craig » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:35 pm

That would be outstanding.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:53 pm

You'd think that she was waiting for me to open the box so that she could play in it, but no, she's a lazy turd.

Want to hear something funny? For all of the Amazon boxes that I receive on a weekly basis, any time I have to return something (rare), I never have one on hand. Of course, I usually just wait a day or two, but I still find that funny.

Wtf do you order so much for? Not being a dick, just don't know how a person could be ordering that much all the time.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Wtf do you order so much for? Not being a dick, just don't know how a person could be ordering that much all the time.
Anything and everything, really. My most recent orders:
  • Whole bean coffee (this is a once every 3 weeks or so order)
  • Earrings for my wife
  • Replacement string trimmer spools
  • Mini blade fuses for my car
  • 12v trickle charger for my generator
  • Combination padlock for my shed
  • Lawn darts
  • Halogen bulbs for my master bathroom fixtures
  • Water blade for washing my car
  • Pet gravity feeders
  • Knife block set
That's not even going back terribly far. Most of this stuff is what I consider to be "needs", rather than "wants". Also, some of these things are just dirt cheap, too, so I'm not spending crazy money on it. You'd think that some of this stuff would be cheaper locally, but I haven't found that to be the case.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:13 pm

That just changed my vote to Bernie...I want a piece of that man's luxury spending...

columbia

Postby columbia » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:15 pm

Nothing but luxury for NTP66.