Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:40 am

MalkinIsHisMomeboy

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:41 am

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:42 am

And I told you I wasn't wrong. Which, I wasn't. Antibodies create immunity. T cells create immunity. The study you cited has no relevance to that.

Politics have no relevance to that.

Your last 5 or so interactions with me have been extremely odd commentary about "my conservatism" (in quotes because you're the one assigning political labels, not me)

So give it a rest
Get vaxxed and stop making excuses for those who won't.
I got my shots 3/4 and 3/28 and I'm not making excuses for anyone, and in fact I have said many times everyone should and is stupid not to.
So why are you doing this exercise? You know too many people that we’re all indirectly insulting?

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:43 am

The type of shooting he does, it does. It's one of those shooting things where you run through obstacle courses and whatnot.
Does he yell "pew pew pew" too?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:46 am

MIHM sucks
NAN finally has a good take...

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:48 am

And I told you I wasn't wrong. Which, I wasn't. Antibodies create immunity. T cells create immunity. The study you cited has no relevance to that.

Your last 5 or so interactions with me have been extremely odd commentary about "my conservatism" (in quotes because you're the one assigning political labels, not me)

So give it a rest
I got my shots 3/4 and 3/28 and I'm not making excuses for anyone, and in fact I have said many times everyone should and is stupid not to.
I was referring to the "I have natural immunity and don't need the shot" crowd.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:51 am

Natural immunity is an airbag
Vaccine is a seatbelt

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:54 am

The type of shooting he does, it does. It's one of those shooting things where you run through obstacle courses and whatnot.
I didn't even know that was a thing but I'm not surprised.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:56 am

I didn't even know that was a thing but I'm not surprised.
Isn't there an Olympic event where they do something like this? Cross country skiing and shooting and something else?

Viva la Ben

COVID-19

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:56 am

The biathlon

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:19 am

lol, I love **** from clueless guys like this:

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:26 am

So give it a rest
So why are you doing this exercise? You know too many people that we’re all indirectly insulting?
By "this exercise" do you mean pointing out certain aspects that don't necessarily align 100% with the 5AF allowable opinions?

I know 2 people who are unvaxxed. One is a good friend who consumed too much far right media over the past 18 months and legitimately went nuts (unhealthy 36 yr old who might actually die if he gets delta) and one is my wacky granola crunching aunt (almost 60 and I fear for her safety every day).

Honestly, this thread is an echo chamber and really becoming politics 2.0 where we just light fire to anyone who doesn't fall in line and I'm trying to steer the discussion a different direction.

Things like... is there really that much to worry about with kids, what are the implications of eliminating hospital staff, how does ones body protect against covid infections/outcomes, etc... outside of the standard "**** the unvaxxed" (while also still largely believing "**** the unvaxxed"). And there have been good responses to those things... kids can not die but still have bad outcomes, most of the hospital staff fired are not actually providing care, etc.

Quite honestly I don't understand why that is such a thorn in your side . Do you really need another person saying the same ****?

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:31 am

Isn't there an Olympic event where they do something like this? Cross country skiing and shooting and something else?
not really an obstacle course but Biathlon is similar. they crosscountry ski around a course and then come back around and shoot either laying down or standing up, depending on the race.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:35 am

It's been a long time, but I'm probably one of the few folks on here who has taken and passed a college-level course on immunology. And I can say that it was one of the most difficult and complex courses I took, and I also took stuff like calculus, honors chemistry, O-chem, and biochemistry as party of my microbiology major (Shyster was originally aiming to be a doctor). And I'm quite sure that the state of knowledge for immunology has come a long way since I took that class in the mid 90s. I'd be very circumspect about trying to draw my own conclusions from studies in this area.
I took immunology as part of my Master's program in 2011ish. Honestly one of my favorite classes ever, it's just so cool to see how the body reacts to foreign pathogens with the different types of WBCs, immunoglobulins, etc.

I assume I had forgotten nearly 95% of what I learned but covid has kinda given me reason to read up on some of that stuff that I really find fascinating. Admittedly a lot of it is way over my head now though.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:35 am

I think you’re confusing. Get the f’ing vax is the point, which means everyone’s claim to natural immunity can go pound sand.

That’s all. Get the vax. There’s no excuse not to. You’re arguing that there’s some sort of merit or legitimacy to people just waiting it out for some nebulous time period. Or just diving into levels of nuance that don’t matter…because get the vax.

Viva la Ben

COVID-19

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:45 am

Again being told to not worry about kids.

Viva la Ben

COVID-19

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:47 am

Aligning thoughts with those that who are actively disrupting getting the population vaccinated is bullshit,

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:47 am

That’s all. Get the vax. There’s no excuse not to. You’re arguing that there’s some sort of merit or legitimacy to people just waiting it out for some nebulous time period. Or just diving into levels of nuance that don’t matter…because get the vax.
Correct.

Why can't we discuss nuance in a discussion board? How many pages do we need to achieve "get the vaccine, nothing else matters".

There is not one person here who has a different overarching point than "get the vaccine, nothing else matters". I'm actually not even sure there was one person here who had any hesitancy.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:47 am

By "this exercise" do you mean pointing out certain aspects that don't necessarily align 100% with the 5AF allowable opinions?

I know 2 people who are unvaxxed. One is a good friend who consumed too much far right media over the past 18 months and legitimately went nuts (unhealthy 36 yr old who might actually die if he gets delta) and one is my wacky granola crunching aunt (almost 60 and I fear for her safety every day).

Honestly, this thread is an echo chamber and really becoming politics 2.0 where we just light fire to anyone who doesn't fall in line and I'm trying to steer the discussion a different direction.

Things like... is there really that much to worry about with kids, what are the implications of eliminating hospital staff, how does ones body protect against covid infections/outcomes, etc... outside of the standard "**** the unvaxxed" (while also still largely believing "**** the unvaxxed"). And there have been good responses to those things... kids can not die but still have bad outcomes, most of the hospital staff fired are not actually providing care, etc.

Quite honestly I don't understand why that is such a thorn in your side . Do you really need another person saying the same ****?
Right. I think there are people that actually partake in these offshoot discussions. But you have the same 4 or 5 people lose their **** over it and continue with the echo chamber of "**** the unvaxxed".

I think we've come to find that all of us on here, in this thread, agree everyone should get vaxxed. I think we all agree that you are pretty dumb for not doing it (legit medical reasons are the exception).

But believe it or not, there are other real world implications out there as well on how things are being handled, whether good or bad. And it's just a discussion as to what they can be, and what can be the outcome. It changes none of our opinions on that everyone should get the vax. It's also not making excuses for them. I think we all agree there is no excuse out there to not get it, including natural immunity.

We were talking about hating gatekeeping for sports talk in the Pgh media. It's the same situation here if we veer off the "**** the unvaxxed" chant over and over.

Viva la Ben

COVID-19

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:52 am

Invoking nobody sure helped too.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:52 am

Honestly, forget the "legit medical reasons" parenthetical too because do those even exist?

Kane

COVID-19

Postby Kane » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:54 am

Does he yell "pew pew pew" too?
I once installed a mod for Fallout 4 that did this to laser weapons. It was so ridiculous that I only played with it for about 10 minutes. :lol:

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:54 am

Invoking nobody sure helped too.
At this point you're just trolling

Viva la Ben

COVID-19

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:55 am

Honestly, forget the "legit medical reasons" parenthetical too because do those even exist?
You are being disingenuous

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:00 pm

I don’t think you two are articulating much of a point here. There’s plenty of discussion beyond “get the vax” happening.

What’s odd is defending the merits of natural immunity and then getting defensive about your stance on vaccinations. If you think everyone who doesn’t get the vax is demonstrating a clear degree of stupidity, then great - we all agree.

So when you talk about re-infection possibilities being low for non vaxed you’re just throwing a little sidebar out there? Ok. Fine. But it’s pretty odd behavior.