COVID-19

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:15 am

what a waste.....
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/decatu ... ewborn-son

Cliffnotes: pregnant woman, 27 years old (who works in childcare) delays getting vaccine until after childbirth, contracts COVID just before giving birth. never lives to meet her newborn son.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:18 am

There's been a lot of news lately about getting pregnant women vaccinated. My pregnant cousin said her OB didn't recommend getting vaccinated, but I'm not going to get into that argument with her.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:30 am

owning the libs

Ho ho ho! Eat it, you lib poosays!

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:34 am

My wife’s OB said it is not their area of expertise so they base their recommendation solely on CDC guidelines, which was to get vaccinated.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:34 am

Are those n65 masks or whatever they are

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:38 am

Are those n65 masks or whatever they are
Bombas69 masks. ;)

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:42 am

One of our engineers just got discharged from the hospital... had Covid.

Dude is lower 30's. Has two kids under the age of 3 at the house. He athletic (like meathead athletic) and no pre-existing conditions. In fact, he's a sponsored competitive shooter. He caught it, didn't do anything about it, started coughing up blood, got worse and worse, finally went to the hospital for treatment.

He's a super nice guy, but he's a quiet fox news watcher. Didn't think it was necessary to get vaccinated. I can imagine if you get so bad to the point where you're hospitalized, it's not much further to the point where you might turn down that bad corner. I'm glad he's better, but man... what a waste of a life that could have been.

Also, our local hospital just admitted their first non-adult... 11 year old kid. This sh*t ain't nothing to f*ck with...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:42 am

My wife’s OB said it is not their area of expertise so they base their recommendation solely on CDC guidelines, which was to get vaccinated.
Which is the correct response

Viva la Ben

COVID-19

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:48 am

Also, our local hospital just admitted their first non-adult... 11 year old kid. This sh*t ain't nothing to f*ck with...
Don’t worry about it.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:05 am

:lol:

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:06 am

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Arkansas lawmakers on Wednesday advanced legislation that would allow workers to opt out of their employer’s COVID-19 vaccine requirement if they’re tested weekly or can prove they have natural antibodies.

The House and Senate Public Health committees endorsed identical versions of the bill, which also would require the state to pay unemployment benefits to workers who are fired for not getting vaccinated. The bills are among several limiting or prohibiting private vaccine mandates working their way through the majority-Republican Legislature.

“This is what we felt we could get through to give employees some protection,” Republican Sen. Kim Hammer said.

Health officials have said people who have recovered from COVID-19 should still get vaccinated. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says testing for antibodies, the proteins produced by the body to fight infection, should not be used for diagnosing COVID-19 or assessing immunity to it.

Republican lawmakers have filed numerous bills targeting vaccine mandates as the Legislature reconvened this week to take up congressional redistricting. The proposals are primarily in response to President Joe Biden’s order requiring workers at businesses with at least 100 employees to get vaccinated or tested regularly.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:06 am

One of our engineers just got discharged from the hospital... had Covid.

Dude is lower 30's. Has two kids under the age of 3 at the house. He athletic (like meathead athletic) and no pre-existing conditions. In fact, he's a sponsored competitive shooter. He caught it, didn't do anything about it, started coughing up blood, got worse and worse, finally went to the hospital for treatment.

He's a super nice guy, but he's a quiet fox news watcher. Didn't think it was necessary to get vaccinated. I can imagine if you get so bad to the point where you're hospitalized, it's not much further to the point where you might turn down that bad corner. I'm glad he's better, but man... what a waste of a life that could have been.

You sound unconvinced by the “you shouldn’t be worried about your kids because statistics” argument, you anti-science clown.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:14 am

My kid had pneumonia twice before she was 2. One of which landed us in the hospital for a night. So yeah... I'm not a fan of "well... statistically speaking..................."

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:19 am

Statistically speaking is the new

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:24 am

For most of my life, I was also never responsible for another human being that I created. So I can see how this is confusing for some people here.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:28 am

Once I had my own kids, a lot of things in life and how I perceived things changed.

I understand what people are saying about stats and how to best serve the population as a whole, but even if there is an extremely, extermely small chance, I want to protect my kid from any harm. It's just the mindset of most parents. You can't explain it if you aren't in that position.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:39 am

I think it’s easy to understand even as a non-parent, if one can resist trying to be a smarty pants.

1) looking at “deaths” is incomplete. Long haul symptoms are mysterious and not something I want to toy with. I’m not worried about my kids dying, actually. I’m worried about all the other sh*t, particularly with their 2 parents who have autoimmune disorders

2) we have about a month until vaxes are a go. the social expectation is that we protect them, not indefinitely, but for another few weeks. So Billy Bob sneezing ronies into his kid, who then sits next to my kid at lunch…that’s a particularly inexcusable phenomenon. Once everyone is actually eligible for the vax, we can live in shyster’s fantasy land where protecting kids at schools is some silly obsession by us irrational breeders.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:41 am

Once I had my own kids, a lot of things in life and how I perceived things changed.

I understand what people are saying about stats and how to best serve the population as a whole, but even if there is an extremely, extermely small chance, I want to protect my kid from any harm. It's just the mindset of most parents. You can't explain it if you aren't in that position.
Pretty simple risk management principles here. You generally weigh the likelihood of the risk event against the impact of the risk event. You perform mitigation actions to try and prevent the risk event from occurring. When you deal with low probability events that have very high impact, you still enact preventive measures. And there are outcomes that are so drastic, that even a small probability requires preventive actions, and it's pretty easy to understand your kid getting sick and dying being that event.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:22 am

Don’t worry about it.
Yep, a 20 year old just died at my hospital, family of a friend.

Viva la Ben

COVID-19

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:27 am

My condolences, it is hard to watch this **** just slip away when it doesn’t have to.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:28 am

He athletic (like meathead athletic) and no pre-existing conditions. In fact, he's a sponsored competitive shooter.
these two sentences have nothing to do with one another

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:31 am

The type of shooting he does, it does. It's one of those shooting things where you run through obstacle courses and whatnot.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:37 am

The type of shooting he does, it does. It's one of those shooting things where you run through obstacle courses and whatnot.
3-gun shooting requires you to be physically fit for the most part.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:37 am

MIHM sucks

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:40 am

And I told you I wasn't wrong. Which, I wasn't. Antibodies create immunity. T cells create immunity. The study you cited has no relevance to that.

Politics have no relevance to that.

Your last 5 or so interactions with me have been extremely odd commentary about "my conservatism" (in quotes because you're the one assigning political labels, not me)

So give it a rest
Get vaxxed and stop making excuses for those who won't.
I got my shots 3/4 and 3/28 and I'm not making excuses for anyone, and in fact I have said many times everyone should and is stupid not to.