Blackjack's Thread of Illness and Ailments

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:02 pm

:lol:

Lived*

Nuge

Postby Nuge » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:46 pm

And now my 3 year old has the stomach virus. We can't catch a break here
My 4 year old was throwing up all day on Friday. He’s back to normal now. We just enjoy the days he’s healthy because we know he’s going to be sick with something pretty much every two weeks.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:52 pm

And now my 3 year old has the stomach virus. We can't catch a break here
My 4 year old was throwing up all day on Friday. He’s back to normal now. We just enjoy the days he’s healthy because we know he’s going to be sick with something pretty much every two weeks.
Somehow he's already back to normal and eating. He was literally green and couldn't keep even water down from 8am-1pm and that was the end of it

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:10 am

Still have a bit of mucus (mostly nasal), but by and large, I'm back to normal. Booked a doctors appointment for this afternoon for the only thing still really bugging me. My left ear (side I sleep on at night) has been completely blocked for 8 days now. It's not painful, but there is a slight pressure there, and it's annoying as all get out. I can't ear out of it, and it's throwing me off. Figured the worst they can say is "yup... might take more time to clear up."

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:09 pm

Let me know what they say lol save me a trip

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:13 pm

It’s not an ear infection… just fluid built up behind my ear drum. They gave me a prescription for prednisone to hopefully open things up and let things drain. She said the other option is trying a few days of psuedophed.

Additionally she suggested netti pot rinses through the sinuses. Give the fluid somewhere to go by clearing out the mucus.

Nuge

Postby Nuge » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:46 pm

Netti pot is gross but effective

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:08 pm

I've developed a pretty aggravating pain on my right hip area over the last few hours. It feels like it's coming from a vague area, and is largely eliminated when sitting or reclining. It is tender when I roll onto it.

Absolutely no clue what I did. Epsom salt bath time

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:26 am

Just had a wisdom tooth extracted. Almost passed out thanks to my low blood pressure. Do not recommend.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:48 am

Looks like it's my turn for the sinus crud. Usually get it when the season change, but this didn't really start until Saturday-ish. It's been fine the past 2 days save for post nasal drip and a little bit of pressure. Today I woke up feeling like my head was going to explode and nothing I do will pop my ears. Covid tests have been negative.

Pretty sure this is the first time I've been sick since I had COVID, so that was a solid almost year and a half run.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:21 am

If my blood could start clotting already for this tooth extraction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:24 am

Just had a wisdom tooth extracted. Almost passed out thanks to my low blood pressure. Do not recommend.
You were awake? I got my wisdom teeth out when I was in college like a normal person and I was under. It was a breeze.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:27 am

You were awake? I got my wisdom teeth out when I was in college like a normal person and I was under. It was a breeze.
Yeah, this was apparently a simple extraction, so a local was used. Only felt pressure, so not a huge deal I guess.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:37 am

Ah. I think mine required some cutting so maybe that's why I was out.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:20 pm

I still have my wisdom teeth

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:29 pm

I still have mine as well.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:02 pm

I have others, but this one had started to get a cavity in a bad place to reach, and my dentist was concerned with how the upper teeth would always hit it. He told me straight up that it wasn't urgent 2 years ago, and recently said he thought it was time, so I went ahead with it. I really like my dentist, thankfully.

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:30 pm

Damn, that is some scary stuff. :(

Local teenager ends up in medically induced coma after UTI went untreated
For the last month, she had lower back pain that she and her family assumed was from her rigorous training schedule.

She celebrated Christmas morning with her family, and days later she was life-flighted to Allegheny General Hospital for extremely low blood pressure and high heartbeat.

At AGH, doctors diagnosed Katie with a UTI and said she was in critical condition.

“When they did the testing, they found she had a UTI for about a month that actually caused a hole in her kidney. It caused an abscess in her liver into her back muscle and behind her kidney. She was in septic shock,” Shannon said.

For the last week and a half, she’s been undergoing surgeries, in a medically induced coma, on a ventilator and experiencing brain swelling.
https://news.yahoo.com/local-teenager-m ... 43498.html

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:35 pm

I was just about to post about my 30+ hour long pounding headache and mouth pain after the extraction, but now…

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:39 pm

Never had one but from what I understand, they’re pretty painful. She just lived with that pain for a month? Damn.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:18 am

I was in excruciating pain last night around the area of my extraction. Literally had my phone in my hand at midnight getting ready to call my dentist, who does emergency work, but didn't want to be that guy. Managed to fall asleep for a few hours, and waited until 8am to call. Long story short, I have dry socket. He numbed me up, cleaned it out and packed it with meds. Immediate relief.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:50 pm

Yeah, I had those too way back when. Absolute misery.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:53 pm

A few hours later, and it almost looks like the new clot is mostly gone again? I don't even know what to think here. No chance I am calling my dentist again today, so I'll see how it is tomorrow. He said I should get some actual relief by then. I **** hate this.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:55 pm

A couple days after wisdom teeth removal day in bootcamp we had a dude who was in excruciating pain and said the painkillers weren't helping. I was the division yeoman responsible for dental appointments, so following proper chain of command he reported his problems to me and I reported them to one of our RDC's, who told me to relay a piece of life advice I will now tell you: quit being a **** pussyass dodint.

Reality was his wisdom teeth were fine but he was trying to get an extra week of painkillers to deal with passing a kidney stone. He was recruited for a sub job but had a documented history of kidney stones and was told going into bootcamp that one more stone would disqualify him from sub duty. He could feel he had another one coming and set out to pass it in secret, which he was able to do thanks to the extra painkillers. He later got another stone on his first deployment and was disqualified from his job anyways.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:40 pm

That’s dumb advice for a number of reasons. I may have been wrong about the clot, because I read that it actually turns whitish. Given that the pain is much more manageable right now, I think I’m on the right track.