Arrow/Flash Thread

DigitalGypsy66

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:33 am

The Flash
It's all coming together. Finally. I think the monologue at the end was a little heavy handed, but I'm glad we've got Wells/Thawne's struggle "out" there, so to speak.

DigitalGypsy66

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Arrow...
Ugh, has this second half sucked. I really thought it was because of Daredevil and waiting between episodes, but my wife (who hasn't watched Daredevil yet) says the same thing. Too much weeping and crying montagery last night. Gross. It's obvious that Oliver is up to something that will get him out of the League of Assassins? But the rest of the crew mope around like he's never coming back to them. Sure.

DigitalGypsy66

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:24 am

tfrizz

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby tfrizz » Tue May 05, 2015 10:25 am

Arrow...
Ugh, has this second half sucked. I really thought it was because of Daredevil and waiting between episodes, but my wife (who hasn't watched Daredevil yet) says the same thing. Too much weeping and crying montagery last night. Gross. It's obvious that Oliver is up to something that will get him out of the League of Assassins? But the rest of the crew mope around like he's never coming back to them. Sure.
I think this season of Arrow has suffered greatly from Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg putting most of their focus on The Flash.

DigitalGypsy66

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:17 am

Yeah, that makes sense. Probably will get worse next year when they are split between three shows - ATOM?

tfrizz

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby tfrizz » Tue May 05, 2015 11:50 am

Yeah, that makes sense. Probably will get worse next year when they are split between three shows - ATOM?
It'll probably have a greater impact on The Flash than it will on Arrow. Aside from Legends of Tomorrow (which will be running during the Arrow/Flash break next January), Berlanti and Kreisberg are also driving the new Supergirl show for CBS.

DigitalGypsy66

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Caity Lotz is listed as a cast member of Legends of Tomorrow. Flashbacks? Lazarus Pit? Interesting.

Avyran

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby Avyran » Tue May 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Man, Iris is REALLY annoying in this episode of Flash.

DigitalGypsy66

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:17 am

Yeah, she is.

Grodd was scary. My DC universe cred is weak, so I'm not sure how well he was portrayed, but it was creepy. CW probably blew the entire network's CGI budget on that episode though. :lol:

tfrizz

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby tfrizz » Wed May 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Yeah, she is.

Grodd was scary. My DC universe cred is weak, so I'm not sure how well he was portrayed, but it was creepy. CW probably blew the entire network's CGI budget on that episode though. :lol:
I understand what they were trying to do, but I don't like how they dumbed down his intelligence. I can event appreciate the change in origin, because the notion of Gorilla City is a bit of a stretch in the Arrowverse, but how can you reduce one of the most intelligent beings in the DC universe down to such simplistic lines like "Grodd hate banana"?

blackjack68

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:44 pm

Is it:

Rosh Al Gul
Roz Al Gul
Rays Al Gul
Raysh Al Gul

It seems like they've used all four variations on the show.

DigitalGypsy66

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat May 09, 2015 10:37 pm

Good point, I've been noticing they are all over the place with it.

tfrizz

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby tfrizz » Mon May 11, 2015 12:23 pm

Is it:

Rosh Al Gul
Roz Al Gul
Rays Al Gul
Raysh Al Gul

Part of it is that even the character's creators, Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams, don't agree on it. O'Neil says it's "Raysh" while Adams says it's "Raz". Raz is apparently the closest to the actual Arabic pronunciation.

On an Arrow note, apparently Stephen Amell messed up at Wizard World (Philly's comic con) this weekend and told his panel audience that
2 people will die in the season finale.

Beveridge

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby Beveridge » Mon May 11, 2015 12:58 pm

Is it:

Rosh Al Gul
Roz Al Gul
Rays Al Gul
Raysh Al Gul

Part of it is that even the character's creators, Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams, don't agree on it. O'Neil says it's "Raysh" while Adams says it's "Raz". Raz is apparently the closest to the actual Arabic pronunciation.

On an Arrow note, apparently Stephen Amell messed up at Wizard World (Philly's comic con) this weekend and told his panel audience that
This has become the signature of season finales/closing episodes for this show it appears. Without looking at contracts I want to say that one will be Raz (Nissa takes over League) and one of Merlin, Diggle, Roy will be the other.

tfrizz

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby tfrizz » Mon May 11, 2015 1:53 pm

Is it:

Rosh Al Gul
Roz Al Gul
Rays Al Gul
Raysh Al Gul

This has become the signature of season finales/closing episodes for this show it appears. Without looking at contracts I want to say that one will be Raz (Nissa takes over League) and one of Merlin, Diggle, Roy will be the other.
Ra's is the easy one. Which is kind of a shame because Matt Nable plays the role so well.

I can't quite figure out who the second will be, though. They aren't going to kill off Laurel or Thea; DC apparently has some plans for Diggle; Roy is being considered for Legends of Tomorrow and/or Titans; and John Barrowman, who plays Merlyn, says that he'll be back for season 4. I guess that leaves Tatsu, but I have a hard time believing they'd introduce her as Katana last week then kill her this week. Maybe Lyla?

Dickie Dunn

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 11, 2015 2:24 pm

Is it:

Rosh Al Gul
Roz Al Gul
Rays Al Gul
Raysh Al Gul

Ra's is the easy one. Which is kind of a shame because Matt Nable plays the role so well.

I can't quite figure out who the second will be, though. They aren't going to kill off Laurel or Thea; DC apparently has some plans for Diggle; Roy is being considered for Legends of Tomorrow and/or Titans; and John Barrowman, who plays Merlyn, says that he'll be back for season 4. I guess that leaves Tatsu, but I have a hard time believing they'd introduce her as Katana last week then kill her this week. Maybe Lyla?
It might be Tatsu as directed from the top. I read an interview with either Berlanti or Guggenheim where they disclosed that WB will no longer allow them to use Deadshot. With Katana in SS as well I don't think she'll be long for the Arrowverse.

Beveridge

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby Beveridge » Thu May 14, 2015 10:20 am

So who was the 2nd?

blackjack68

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:21 am

Must...resist...urge...to click the spoiler.

DigitalGypsy66

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu May 14, 2015 1:20 pm

The Flash still has one more episode. Penultimate episode was pretty good. The show has definitely had a good first season.

Arrow
Got worse after the mid season break. Some really terrible writing and just bad plot. And Oliver and Felicity driving off in the sunset? Really? Come on, man.

blackjack68

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Thu May 14, 2015 1:39 pm

So apparently, the real (white?) canary lives on in Legends of Tomorrow, next year on CW.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/14/le ... ite-canary

Dickie Dunn

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu May 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Spoilerish if you're not up to date with Arrow and The Flash. Looks better than I expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

tfrizz

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby tfrizz » Thu May 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Spoilerish if you're not up to date with Arrow and The Flash. Looks better than I expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc
Looks way more promising than the Supergirl trailer.

blackjack68

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:55 am

The Flash still has one more episode. Penultimate episode was pretty good. The show has definitely had a good first season.

Arrow
Got worse after the mid season break. Some really terrible writing and just bad plot. And Oliver and Felicity driving off in the sunset? Really? Come on, man.
Finally caught up on both Arrow and Flash. Arrow is getting a little tough to watch. Oliver is just a petulant boy. "I don't wanna be the Arrow."

I loved in the finale when Captain Lance says, "The city is under attack? It must be May." Hilarious.

I don't know the back story, but I am interested in what happened to Palmer.

Onto the Flash finale tonight.

DigitalGypsy66

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue May 19, 2015 10:10 am

Yeah, it comes together tonight. Probably see more of the Legends of Tomorrow, too.

Beveridge

Arrow/Flash Thread

Postby Beveridge » Tue May 19, 2015 10:51 pm

Flash Finale: A++ will watch again.
Major nerdgasm when Jay Garrick's metal helm came out of the wormhole.